The Official "I gots to get paid", er, 2021 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

PAC-12 looked pretty bad in out of conference games this week.

Fresno St over UCLA

BYU over Ariz St

San Diego St over Utah

Northern Ariz over Arizona

Minnesota over Colorado

Other PAC12 losses this year, from weeks 1 & 2...

Nevada over Cal

TCU over Cal

Texas AM over Colorado

Michigan over Washington

BYU over Utah

San Diego St over Arizona

Kansas St over Stanford

Purdue over Oregon St

Montana over Washington

Utah St over Washington St

Yes the PAC 12 is not off to a good start. My Utes are not doing so good. It really hurt to lose that game to BYU the week before, since we have beat them 9 times in a row over 12 years. Thought they should have had a wake up call after that but the first half against San Diego State was bad, except for a 80 yard punt return for a touchdown. Changed QB's and went to 3 OT but fell short. That gives me hope.

Really tired of the Pac sucking.

It used to be such fun football. The rivalries still exist, but they don't carry the weight they once had.

Ever since we joined the PAC 12, our rivalry with the Y has waned. Just not as easy to get wound up when it didn't matter if we won or not since we weren't in the same conference. I think this year everyone just expected the U to win but the Y had a decent season last year and they didn't want us to get to 10 wins in a row.

Maybe we can go beat Wazzu now that and the QB drama is behind us.

You won't just beat Wazzu, you'll stomp the hell out of them.

• Like 1

ND Wisconsin is killing me right now. Absolute roller coaster.

Aaargh! Went out to do some yard work when it was 13-10, Wisconsin ahead. Came back and it was 24-13! Boooooo

It got better :)

Or I guess worse from your perspective.

• Like 2

Aaargh! Went out to do some yard work when it was 13-10, Wisconsin ahead. Came back and it was 24-13! Boooooo

Congrats to Brian Kelly! That is quite the achievement! Not a big ND fan but that is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Congrats to Brian Kelly! That is quite the achievement! Not a big ND fan but that is pretty cool.

It is pretty cool! But he's got the right mindset about it. They don't give you a statue until you win a national championship.

• Like 1

Fresno St over UCLA

BYU over Ariz St

San Diego St over Utah

Minnesota over Colorado

Nevada over Cal

TCU over Cal

Texas AM over Colorado

Michigan over Washington

BYU over Utah

Kansas St over Stanford

Purdue over Oregon St

Montana over Washington

Yes the PAC 12 is not off to a good start. My Utes are not doing so good. It really hurt to lose that game to BYU the week before, since we have beat them 9 times in a row over 12 years. Thought they should have had a wake up call after that but the first half against San Diego State was bad, except for a 80 yard punt return for a touchdown. Changed QB's and went to 3 OT but fell short. That gives me hope.

It used to be such fun football. The rivalries still exist, but they don't carry the weight they once had.

Ever since we joined the PAC 12, our rivalry with the Y has waned. Just not as easy to get wound up when it didn't matter if we won or not since we weren't in the same conference. I think this year everyone just expected the U to win but the Y had a decent season last year and they didn't want us to get to 10 wins in a row.

We managed a win but almost gave it away with our fumble fingered receivers!!

Fresno St over UCLA

BYU over Ariz St

San Diego St over Utah

Minnesota over Colorado

Nevada over Cal

TCU over Cal

Texas AM over Colorado

Michigan over Washington

BYU over Utah

Kansas St over Stanford

Purdue over Oregon St

Montana over Washington

We managed a win but almost gave it away with our fumble fingered receivers!!

Yeah Wazzu hung in longer than I expected but they couged the game away towards the end (if you're a longtime fan/watcher of WSU football you totally understand the term "couged")

• Like 1

I posted this in another thread but thought it was more appropriate for this one.

Feeling very sad tonight. Our football team at the University of Utah is grieving the loss of another one of our players, Aaron Lowe. He was at a party Saturday night and a fight broke out, he stepped in to break it up and ended up getting shot along with another person. He died on the scene. It is so senseless and depressing. He played in the game earlier in the day and now he is gone.

What makes it even worse is he died 8 months after teammate Ty Jordan was killed in an accidental shooting last December in Texas. They were high school classmates and Lowe changed his number to 22 in honor of Jordan for this year. He was the first recipient of a scholarship set up in Ty Jordan's honor. :sigh: I was having a hard time getting psyched up for the season this year because of Ty's death, it just took some of the fun out of it. Now this with all the parallels just makes it seem like we are jinxed. They will be retiring the number 22 for both of them. This really sucks and they have few leads of the rotten s.o.b. who did this. :rage:

I posted this in another thread but thought it was more appropriate for this one.

Feeling very sad tonight. Our football team at the University of Utah is grieving the loss of another one of our players, Aaron Lowe. He was at a party Saturday night and a fight broke out, he stepped in to break it up and ended up getting shot along with another person. He died on the scene. It is so senseless and depressing. He played in the game earlier in the day and now he is gone.

What makes it even worse is he died 8 months after teammate Ty Jordan was killed in an accidental shooting last December in Texas. They were high school classmates and Lowe changed his number to 22 in honor of Jordan for this year. He was the first recipient of a scholarship set up in Ty Jordan's honor. :sigh: I was having a hard time getting psyched up for the season this year because of Ty's death, it just took some of the fun out of it. Now this with all the parallels just makes it seem like we are jinxed. They will be retiring the number 22 for both of them. This really sucks and they have few leads of the rotten s.o.b. who did this. :rage:

Very sad. So are college kids now not supposed to attend parties?

Trying really hard here to not get political here but suffice to say gun violence continues to escalate in this country and these are the all too typical results of that.

Very sad. So are college kids now not supposed to attend parties?

Trying really hard here to not get political here but suffice to say gun violence continues to escalate in this country and these are the all too typical results of that.

Don't know the answer here, looks as though Lowe was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He tried to break up a fight and got shot. I am sure many parents are telling their kids to stay away from parties. It is just such rotten luck for the team to lose two players to guns.. :(

Jesus K Riest, I don't know which is worse.

The Detroit Lions losing to a field goal that hits the crossbar and goes over this last Sunday, or the Miami Hurricanes "doink" off the upright last night to close the game.

Glad I wasn't in my local watering hole for the "doink", that place must have erupted.

The Detroit Lions losing to a field goal that hits the crossbar and goes over this last Sunday, or the Miami Hurricanes "doink" off the upright last night to close the game.

Glad I wasn't in my local watering hole for the "doink", that place must have erupted.

I'm sure the Lions did not appreciate the loss, but were probably like, "I guess it wasn't our day". If you get beaten because of something that's never been done before the win wasn't meant to be.

I'm sure the Lions did not appreciate the loss, but were probably like, "I guess it wasn't our day". If you get beaten because of something that's never been done before the win wasn't meant to be.

What a great way to break the record! :ebert:
  • Like 2

What a great way to break the record! :ebert:

And not the first time for the Lions, either!. 11/08/1970, Tulane Stadium, NOLA,, by Tom Dempsey, a 63 yard game winner.
  • Like 2

The 60 yarder he made in 2013 to win the game against you probably hurt worse.

He's the GOAT when it comes to NFL kickers.

The Cincinnati Bearcats took care of the Fighting Irish in South Bend. [NelsonMuntz]HAHA![/NelsonMuntz]

We weren't ready for them. Too many mistakes in the first half, too little progress in the second. I appreciated that their coach called ND a top 5 program and positively cited all the work Brian Kelly put in at Cinci before coming to ND. Showed more class than I felt coming off their QB. But that's not important. Honestly I wouldn't be so disappointed if we'd kept playing like we did against Florida State or Toledo a few weeks ago, but my hopes were raised after the Wisconsin game, I figured we stood a chance. Not with an offense that can't move the ball we didn't. It just really sucks it had to be at home. I was in that stadium for most of the winning streak that was just snapped, and I was in that stadium during the 4-8 season that preceded it. For a lot of my friends this is the first time they've ever seen ND lose at home. I guess on the bright side I don't have to hear the drum major attempt to console the band after their very first home loss. I really doubt they have much more prepared than our motto: "band always wins."

Stanford takes down Oregon!

There goes any chance of the PAC 12 being in the championship mix.

At least they knocked out OSU.

4-0 Eastern Washington's QB Eric Barierre leads the FCS with 445.8 yds per game. Tonight he faces the Montana Grizzlies, who have given up only two touchdowns in their last three games (they are 3-0). Live on ESPN2, from the Inferno!

4d0bb0a9375c9.image.jpg

Right across from my college dorm room!

4-0 Eastern Washington's QB Eric Barierre leads the FCS with 445.8 yds per game. Tonight he faces the Montana Grizzlies, who have given up only two touchdowns in their last three games (they are 3-0). Live on ESPN2, from the Inferno!

4d0bb0a9375c9.image.jpg

Right across from my college dorm room!

And two minutes in, it is 7-0. :lol: