The Official "I gots to get paid", er, 2021 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

Well it kicked off yesterday, UCLA demolishing Hawaii, Illinois beating Nebraska, and Fresno State and Alabama-Birmingham shutting out UConn and Jackson State respectively.

The Big 10 goes with Ohio State at Minnesota tonight , Michigan State visiting Northwestern Friday.

Then on to Saturday with #19 Penn State at #12 Wisconsin early, #1 Alabama vs #14 Miami at the Benz in Hotlanta mid-afternoon, and #5 Georgia at #3 Clemson early evening, along with #16 LSU at the Rose Bowl against UCLA. Sunday #9 Notre Dame visits Florida State.

Does Saban and the Tide Repeat? Does the West actually produce something viable this year?

Does Harbaugh survive the season at Michigan?

C'mon, who ya got?

• Like 2

Does Saban and the Tide Repeat? Does the West actually produce something viable this year?

Yes, probably; unfortunately. No, they will not. No, he will not; or, if he does, he's fired at the conclusion of it, if he hasn't taken an NFL job already.

In the absence of any strong personal rooting interest, I gravitated toward Notre Dame as a teen, so let's go Irish.

• Like 1

C'mon, who ya got?

Probably, unfortunately.

I think Oregon comes close but one unforeseen loss does them in (they lose to someone they shouldn't every year)

No

My rooting interests are as follows:

Washington and Washington St.

Oregon and Oregon St.

rest of Pac-12 and Boise St. and San Diego St.

rest of Mountain West

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

If Harbaugh staying at Michigan means I can keep expecting them to lose, then I hope he stays.

But after last season, no way he should still be there.

NV Wolf Pack Defeats the Cal Bears 22-17 at Berkley! :dweez:

The same day, Montana takes down Washington in Seattle!

But all is not lost for the PAC12, as UCLA takes down LSU!

• Like 2

NV Wolf Pack Defeats the Cal Bears 22-17 at Berkley! :dweez:

The same day, Montana takes down Washington in Seattle!

But all is not lost for the PAC12, as UCLA takes down LSU!

Fukk Jimmy Lake. What a complete and total embarrassment. Their offense looks like it's from 1988 tho admittedly Jimmys and Joes are more important than Xs and Os. That of course speaks to recruiting. He sucks at it. Outside of Cade Otton, they have nothing on that side of the ball. They returned all 5 starting o-linemen and couldn't run the ball against an FCS team.

Congrats on your Wolf Pack win. When they were down 14-0 I thought it could be over but it was not. I've always had a soft spot for the teams from Reno due to spending so much time in the town gambling, visiting Tahoe, etc. over the years. Plus of course, they're a western team. Blue and silver is a good color combo as well.

Wash. St. lost to Utah St. God the state of Washington has shit this year in college ball, On top of that Oregon St. lost and Oregon barely won against a supposedly inferior opponent. Worst of all, they lost super stud and possible #1 overall draft pick Kayvon Thibodeaux to injury with ohio st. coming up next. Bad, bad timing. I fukking hate ohio st. (not capitalized on purpose) and thought what with the buckeyes (ditto) having a very raw QB the Ducks might have a shot. After yesterday's performance and more importantly losing Thibodeaux, I see zero chance now sadly.

And final comment.........thank you UCLA!!! It was so nice to see a Pac-12 school FINALLY beat an SEC opponent. Been too long. And they didn't just beat them, they physically whipped them in the 2nd half. Important too to give Ed Orgeron credit for bringing his team out west for the game. The rest of the shithead SEC won't ever go outside of their region to play anyone.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 3

Important too to give Ed Orgeron credit for bringing his team out west for the game. The rest of the shithead SEC won't ever go outside of their region to play anyone.

:goodone:

SEC are solid, but they're a bunch of :pussy: as well when it comes to scheduling tough non-conference road games.

• Like 2

Wasn’t expecting a nail biter tonight. By sheer luck my Irish scored a messy messy win in overtime. But there’s a lot to work on. Props to Florida state for keeping us on our toes and for that persistent comeback fourth quarter.

...but that should’ve been 15 yards when FSU hit the ND punter, not just 5.

• Like 1

Wasn’t expecting a nail biter tonight. By sheer luck my Irish scored a messy messy win in overtime. But there’s a lot to work on. Props to Florida state for keeping us on our toes and for that persistent comeback fourth quarter.

The announcer and ref with them explained why it was only a five yarder. Punters flop as well as any soccer player. Fvcking Notre Dame pulling it out of their ass, again.

The announcer and ref with them explained why it was only a five yarder. Punters flop as well as any soccer player. Fvcking Notre Dame pulling it out of their ass, again.

I mean I think it's just about deterring players from trying that to automatically make it 15 when you hit the punter. Could be a pretty serious injury form a hit like that when your leg is way up in the air. Won the game regardless, but I'd hate to be the punter after taking that hit.

I'm starting to worry that UConn may drop football completely, rather than just return to FCS, where it was when I was there. I couldn't care less about football, but no football means no marching band, and that was a big part of my college experience.

I'm starting to worry that UConn may drop football completely, rather than just return to FCS, where it was when I was there. I couldn't care less about football, but no football means no marching band, and that was a big part of my college experience.

Surely the alumni would object to no football at all? Lots of New England schools don't have top tier programs, but they still play. Maybe they'd win more and be happier in a lower league.

Surely the alumni would object to no football at all? Lots of New England schools don't have top tier programs, but they still play. Maybe they'd win more and be happier in a lower league.

Football was just never really a big deal at UConn. The home team bleachers in the old stadium on campus weren't all that much bigger than a large high school. I was at every home game for 4 years and sometimes as we would get on to the field to do the post game, I didn't even know if we had won or lost. It was always a basketball school. They got greedy in the nineties and made the jump to D1. I guess they thought they could be like Vanderbilt in the SEC or Duke in the ACC. A perennial bottom feeder who who would still rake in millions of dollars from the TV rights for the league. Even with a 1-10 season the football team would still bring in more than the basketball team when the big East was still a power conference. But they lost the game of musical chairs when the other conferences started pilfering the schools. When Boston college left the big East, UConn was one of the schools that held them to their full exit fee. That created bad blood and BC vetoed UConn's admittance to the ACC, claiming they were too close together. That is somewhat comical seeing as Duke and North Carolina are only 8 miles apart.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Surely marching band doesn't have to be wholly dependent on football? The marching band at Notre Dame was around for years before the football team ever started. Granted that was in the 1800s...

Holy Toledo! Up 29-24 with 1:35 to go in South Bend!

http://www.therushfo...ic/112849-gasp/

Unfortunately, the lead only lasted 30 seconds.

:banghead: