Count Me In counted Neil Peart out !

ladirushfan80

Watched this documentary last night on Netflix. All about drumming, Interviews with famous drummers, talking about their influences and how they got into drumming.

Not ONE mention of Neil. At. All.

I kept watching it thinking maybe they're saving the best for last.

but no.

I'm a huge an of percussion in general so that part was enjoyable. I've been in drum circles before, but nothing like the one that was in this film.

I just can't help thinking there was a reason - legal or otherwise - as to why he wasn't mentioned at all.

kinda dissapointed.

your thoughts

• Like 3

Hello stranger!

Never saw it but you're right, a documentary about drumming greats without Neil Peart is a serious omission and calls the programmes credibility into question....that's not being a Rush fanboi, but simply objective!

• Like 4

Watched this documentary last night on Netflix. All about drumming, Interviews with famous drummers, talking about their influences and how they got into drumming.

Not ONE mention of Neil. At. All.

I kept watching it thinking maybe they're saving the best for last.

but no.

I'm a huge an of percussion in general so that part was enjoyable. I've been in drum circles before, but nothing like the one that was in this film.

I just can't help thinking there was a reason - legal or otherwise - as to why he wasn't mentioned at all.

kinda dissapointed.

your thoughts

Are you back for good? Or...

What was the documentary? What was the title?

It was in the OP title. Count me in is the name of the documentary. Weird that Neil wasn't included. Netflix does have Beyond the Lighted Stage in its rotation. Still :wtf:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

What was the documentary? What was the title?

It was in the OP title. Count me in is the name of the documentary. Weird that Neil wasn't included. Netflix does have Beyond the Lighted Stage in its rotation. Still :wtf:

I should never read or post stuff late at night or early in the morning...when I'm half-asleep. :zzz:

Hello stranger!

Never saw it but you're right, a documentary about drumming greats without Neil Peart is a serious omission and calls the programmes credibility into question....that's not being a Rush fanboi, but simply objective!

Perfectly stated

• Like 1

I was rather disappointed that the Professor was not even mentioned in this Documentary, Phil Collins is another excellent percussionist that was over looked as well. It's a very light documentary, much like a paperback novella for an afternoon read at the Cottage, it doesn't take much computational processing power to digest the tripe.

4593.f.jpg

I can't believe this. Just watched the doc -- and NO mention of Pratt. What an oversight. 

My other takeaway: Keith Moon was really, really an animal. I'd never seen him play on video before. Holy hell. I remember Daltrey saying his theory that Moon was undiagnosed autistic. 

• Like 2