choose one  

12 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior
    • Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record
  2. 2. band

• Return To Forever
    • Electric Light Orchestra

I've been listening to ELO over the last few weeks and me and ELO are not a good mixture. I don't like any album I've heard so far by them. I don't like the vocals, I don't like the orchestrations, I don't like the songs. I find it annoying to the point of outright anger. In light of this you can tell where my vote is going.

Don't get me wrong, I like ELO - Jeff Lynne is a very talented musician, but Return To Forever are in a different league musically.
  • Like 2

ELO.

Their music was in heavy rotation on my dorm floor during my college years ( 73-77 ) and A New World Record was the last album I bought from them.

• Like 1

ELO.

Their music was in heavy rotation on my dorm floor during my college years ( 73-77 ) and A New World Record was the last album I bought from them.

Why didn't you get Out Of The Blue?

• Like 1

Don't think this is a fair comparison, I happen to like both bands very much. Return to Forever was one of the first bands that introduced me to fusion and they are fantastic. I also like Jean Luc-Ponty and Chick Corea played with him as well. I have listened to Romantic Warrior a lot since Chick's death this year.

ELO is more of a melding of elements of classical music with rock, it is a very pleasing mix and I love Out of Blue since that was the first album of theirs I heard. They have been a staple in my traveling music for years. I guess RTF's musicianship is far more advanced but just can't vote :huh:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1