Rush Canadian Golden Ale coming August 30th...

Jag2112

Better people -- better food -- and better beer

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?

I get home at five o’clock,

and I take myself out a nice, cold beer.

Always seem to be wond’rin’

why there’s nothin’ goin’ down here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Better people -- better food -- and better beer

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?

One of only two Rush songs to mention beer! What's the other one?

I live not too far from an LCBO (liquor store) that sells craft beer. I'm hoping they get some in!

This may mean, of course, that I'm just one of those people who will buy anything with "Rush" on it somewhere...

Do they really need to do this?.........I know it can't be a simple money grab ;)

......I always gotta laugh when these products come out and use recognizable celebs.......the ten hundred

other brands are all indistinguishable from each other......people fall for it every time.

Geddy and Al could be doing "other things" for all of this ;)

Edited by Mr Freeze

Do they really need to do this?.........I know it can't be a simple money grab ;)

The blame goes to the individual who gave Geddy the Robinson's "Iron Maiden -Trooper" beer.

That's when the wheels started turning for the Rush beer.

It's the same scenario where someone approached Geddy of swapping a vintage 1953 Fender Precision bass with one of the older basses he had.

That's when the wheels started turning for his collecting of vintage bass guitars and the book Big Beautiful Book of Bass.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Does Rush make a good beer? Will it be the Permanent Waves of beer -- full-bodied, proggy and tasty? Or will it be like Hold Your Fire -- light and fizzy? We'll find out.

Ged's bass sound over the years would make a good beer analogy.

1970s -- fat, thick, dark bottom end = imperial stout

1980s -- thin, poppy, effervescent = pilsner

1990s -- normal, reliable, no surprises anymore, an old friend = ale

2000s -- ????

Time for me to emigrate!

Zepp if I find some, I will get you to PM me your address and export one overseas to you!

That would be amazing!! Cheers Syrinx!!

In Ontario (Toronto) liquor is very controlled.

The LCBO is said to be one of the largest purchasers in the world and we are limited to certain locations, at certain times of the day.

Only in the last few years have supermarkets and some other locations been allowed to sell beer and wine. No spirits.

I am not a beer lover but will certainly try this brew when I can.

I don't mind marketing mish-mashes like this, it's fun, topical and a great way to offer a tribute to the band.

And beer has a bit of history with the band (or at least Geddy) from the very old Bob and Doug McKenzie skits.

Geddy sang "Take off to the Great White North, take off, it's a beauty way to go!" It was so silly but we all loved singing the jingle. The comedy duo always had beer on hand. And toques. Toques...I say!

It's all so very Canadian and all so silly - but it looks like a serious project with a great recipe. I like it.

Edited by Bahamas

Does Rush make a good beer? Will it be the Permanent Waves of beer -- full-bodied, proggy and tasty? Or will it be like Hold Your Fire -- light and fizzy? We'll find out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEgalcH_-b4

Don't know what that has to do with Rush and beer, but I started watching that the other day and so far so good.

• Like 1

Don't know what that has to do with Rush and beer, but I started watching that the other day and so far so good.

As soon as he started talking he was right into the heart of things, there's no preamble.

And as for RUSH and beer, I just found one of your latest posts and stuck it in. I didn't think your other latest posts quite worked for this. :musicnote:

As soon as he started talking he was right into the heart of things, there's no preamble.

And as for RUSH and beer, I just found one of your latest posts and stuck it in. I didn't think your other latest posts quite worked for this. :musicnote:

Beer tends to go well with anything, really. :hail:

• Like 1

Beer tends to go well with anything, really. :hail:

I've seen the full interview now it's really good.

It reminded me of a Guitar Player interview with Pat from the mid 80's. The interviewer asked him if he'd heard anything interesting or good from any guitar players lately. And I was expecting him to reel off some heavy jazz names like John Scofield or someone like that, but instead he said he really liked this thing from Vivian Campbell from Dio!