choose one  

14 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Pink Floyd - The Wall
    • Supertramp - Crime Of The Century
  2. 2. School related song

• Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
    • Supertramp - School

This is a battle of titans. The Wall, still so highly divisive, still so depressing, still so tense and unnerving, and still probably overrated and overrated... vs. Crime Of The Century, one of prog's all time underdogs, the moment Supertramp found themselves, a perfect diamond amongst a sea of gems from its time period. Nevermind the fact that Supertramp hit a lot of the classic Floydian hallmarks before even Floyd had quite developed them (or at least very soon after), or the odd parallels in their 70s releases I covered in another poll some months ago. Who takes the cake on this dark and brooding (and occasionally funky) journey?
  • Like 1

The Wall is amazing in concept and execution despite as you said being a downer. There's a reason it's like the #5 selling album of all-time. A fantastic example of existentialism in modern art as well as spotlighting the folly of war and the sadness of mental illness.

I voted School over ABITW2 in a very, very close "battle". If a tie was an option I'd have voted that. Dave's solo is brilliant but School is overall a bit better.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Supertramp for the win.

i always found the wall quite overrated. it has it's moments of course but as a piece it's quite meandering and dull.

the final cut did this way better IMO. more concise and with far more heart.

Crime of the century is awesome.

Mick

• Like 1