Just joined and would like to say hi and

That's interesting

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been into Rush and their beautiful music and meaningful lyrics since the age of 12/13. I was advised by a fellow Marillion fan some years ago in the school playground I would like them. I knew if I listened they would surpass Fishes lyrics on Script to a jesters tear..which was very successful over here the UK at the time.

I then purchased a copy of Permanent Waves and that was that. I quickly began feeding my new obsession very quickly with other albums.

I would love to know how the lyrics have opened you up to maybe thinking differently or learning a new way to look at things. Also do you think that we are now living in an age that was kinda predicted in the earlier albums possibly or by certain symbols? Or maybe that's just my curiosity showing as a lover of research???

Iv just listened to Hold your Fire

"We each pay a fabulous price

For our visions of paradise

But a spirit with a vision

Is a dream with a mission"

I hold the beautiful soul Peart as as one of the reasons I began to write and be so curious and not accept certain discourse, truths and histories and for that I thank him. Its been a sad time but those words will live on forever. x (Big hug wherever you are)

• Like 12

Welcome to the board. Most of us still hanging around here are long time members. Always nice to see someone new join. Since Rush retired there are less new people joining but we have a good core group here. I hope you find your way well on this board and stick around.
  • Like 5

Hi. Welcome, to, and on this website. I've been a long, true Rush fan, and they've been my favorite band, and group. I hope you'll be able to find your way on this website without any problems, and issues, and enjoy your time to stay. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

Welcome to TRF! You will find lots of great people to chat with who love Rush and other stuff.

In regards to your question, my sister and I were talking earlier this year and thought how the lyrics of Witch Hunt are very apt for the times we live in.

They say there are strangers who threaten us

Our immigrants and infidels

They say there is strangeness, too dangerous

In our theatres and bookstore shelves

Those who know what's best for us

Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge

Quick to anger

Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice

And fear, walk hand in hand

• Like 6

Hi, That's interesting, and warmly welcome to the forum! :) I'm sure you will enjoy the discussions!
  • Like 2

Welcome That's interesting :)

Lots to read about and lots of other websites to learn about through way of these forums.

Cheers and happy posting!

• Like 2

Allo, allo Ti from Texas! Hope you enjoy this space as much as so many do.

PW is a great album to start out on a RUSH journey. For me it was 2112 and that album fit so perfectly into my 14 yr old Sci Fi obsession and interest in individuality vs .conformity and collectivism. The incredibly music and lyrics span four plus decades and allow for much exploration and self indulgence. There's always a good conversation to be had. Look forward to it.

• Like 2

Welcome to TRF! You will find lots of great people to chat with who love Rush and other stuff.

In regards to your question, my sister and I were talking earlier this year and thought how the lyrics of Witch Hunt are very apt for the times we live in.

They say there are strangers who threaten us

Our immigrants and infidels

They say there is strangeness, too dangerous

In our theatres and bookstore shelves

Those who know what's best for us

Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge

Quick to anger

Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice

And fear, walk hand in hand

Sadly they are even more relevant to today than EVER!

• Like 3