The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I`ve not watched any Wimbledon yet. Keeps clashing with Cricket so what am I to do? :confused:

Yes, and there's the water polo world championships. And before you ask, no horses drowned during the event so far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

From Brentford to Man U, I'd say that's a step up... :bolt:

In the past, like every minute of history before now, I`d agree. But this Man United? :confused: Christian could hardly make a more contentious move to see how far he can push the average supporters` undoubted goodwill.

• Like 2

In the past, like every minute of history before now, I`d agree. But this Man United? :confused: Christian could hardly make a more contentious move to see how far he can push the average supporters` undoubted goodwill.

Maybe he just likes the team's colors?  :wink: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Cornet already out of Wimbledon. :tongue: It means a little less of that stupid 'Ale' yelling. :tongue:

I`ll start tuning in about Friday afternoon, maybe. :cool:

• Like 1

I`ll start tuning in about Friday afternoon, maybe. :cool:

Yeah, I got volleyball on my mind this week. The opponents: the evil empires of Iran, China, Slovenia and Holland. :angry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, I got volleyball on my mind this week. The opponents: the evil empires of Iran, China, Slovenia and Holland. :angry:

Bloody tulips. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

In a quest to qualify to the Serria Leone Premier League, Gulf FC - Ququima Lebanon 91-1 and Kahunla Rangers - Lumbebu United 95-0. I would promote Gulf FC, at least they made it look legit. 

54 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

In a quest to qualify to the Serria Leone Premier League, Gulf FC - Ququima Lebanon 91-1 and Kahunla Rangers - Lumbebu United 95-0. I would promote Gulf FC, at least they made it look legit. 

I saw those results. I mean, freak results do happen. :confused:

I thought you`d be busy cursing FK Qarabag, although they`re not out of it.

• Like 1

I saw those results. I mean, freak results do happen. :confused:

I thought you`d be busy cursing FK Qarabag, although they`re not out of it.

Helping out the cameraman as a time-wasting tactic by the Lech goalkeeper is a new low. I expect a comfortable 3-0 win for the home team in the return leg. 

• Like 1

Richarlison is suspended for his potential first Spurs game due to the "flare incident" that occurred in an Everton game. Bearing in mind that this was in Everton`s 33rd game, how odd it is that he was able to play for Everton for their remaining games, matches that Richarlison arguably starred in. Not right for Burnley either; the old saying that "Justice delayed is justice denied" has never been truer. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Richarlison is suspended for his potential first Spurs game due to the "flare incident" that occurred in an Everton game. Bearing in mind that this was in Everton`s 33rd game, how odd it is that he was able to play for Everton for their remaining games, matches that Richarlison arguably starred in. Not right for Burnley either; the old saying that "Justice delayed is justice denied" has never been truer. :thumbsdown:

How long does the appeal process last in the PL?  :wacko:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

How long does the appeal process last in the PL?  :wacko:

"Well, it had been a long season and we just got back from our holidays and the email had gone into the spam folder by mistake" said an FA spokesman. :ninja:

• Like 1

Kicker reporting (or just throwing stuff at a wall, seeing what will stick) that Bayern will look for Kane if Lewandowski keaves. Bayern can`t afford Kane, can they? Not that I think he`d prefer Germany to the just about perceptible glimpse of a decent Spurs season, World Cup fun etc. :unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Kicker reporting (or just throwing stuff at a wall, seeing what will stick) that Bayern will look for Kane if Lewandowski keaves. Bayern can`t afford Kane, can they? Not that I think he`d prefer Germany to the just about perceptible glimpse of a decent Spurs season, World Cup fun etc. :unsure:

At this point, I stopped reading these articles. If the headline says somebody signed a contract, I'll take the (click) bait. Otherwise, get stuffed. 

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

At this point, I stopped reading these articles. If the headline says somebody signed a contract, I'll take the (click) bait. Otherwise, get stuffed. 

It was in the BBC football gossip column, so I actually paid for that. :mad: 

On 7/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Helping out the cameraman as a time-wasting tactic by the Lech goalkeeper is a new low. I expect a comfortable 3-0 win for the home team in the return leg. 

OK, a comfortable 5-1 win, although the third goal scorer was offside. Alas, no VAR for the UEFA paupers. 

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned