The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

On 6/15/2022 at 6:50 PM, blackhawkrush said:

The Guardian's World Cup power rankings: 1) Argentina, 2) Brazil, 3) Spain, 4) Holland, 5) Germany, 6) France, 7) Denmark, 8) Belgium, 9) Portugal, 10) England, 11) Senegal, 12) Uruguay, 13) Croatia, 14) Switzerland, 15) Serbia, 16) Canada, 17) Wales, 18) Poland, 19) Mexico, 20) USA, 21) Morocco, 22) Cameroon, 23) Iran, 24) Tunisia, 25) Japan, 26) Ecuador, 27) Ghana, 28) South Korea, 29) Costa Rica, 30) Qatar, 31) Australia, 32) Saudi Arabia. 

Thoughts on the Rybus kerfluffle? Will he be missed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Thoughts on the Rybus kerfluffle? Will he be missed?

He wasn't tested in any of the Nations League matches. I don't think he was considered to go to Qatar anyway. He was a good offensive-minded defenseman about seven years ago, not now. They're all over him because he went back to Russia to play, but I don't hear them going after all the NHL teams using Russian players. 

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Supporters could skip the Beatles songs, though.  :tongue:

Headingley is a nightmare crowd. They really should get back to fighting each other, like the golden days of yore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Headingley is a nightmare crowd. They really should get back to fighting each other, like the golden days of yore.

Yeah, give me a little YYZ in Rio. :cool:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, give me a little YYZ in Rio. :cool:

Among my Dad`s litany of complaints about Cricket being awful was the constant noise of the crowd. He thinks everything should be like the 1st tee at St. Andrews.

He might have had a point about "Livin` On A Prayer" from the trumpeter though.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Among my Dad`s litany of complaints about Cricket being awful was the constant noise of the crowd. He thinks everything should be like the 1st tee at St. Andrews.

He might have had a point about "Livin` On A Prayer" from the trumpeter though.

Chess fan, is he? 

• Like 1

113 needed. It's in the bag.  :cool: 

England (hopeless buffoons, bereft of quality, confidence and fortitude) 3-0 New Zealand (Test World Champions) was the result we all called. :unsure:

• Like 1

England (hopeless buffoons, bereft of quality, confidence and fortitude) 3-0 New Zealand (Test World Champions) was the result we all called. :unsure:

Could they be sitting on their laurels?  :unsure: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Could they be sitting on their laurels?  :unsure: 

That`ll teach them, if they are. Imagine not putting them on your head. 

• Like 1

That`ll teach them, if they are. Imagine not putting them on your head. 

Our handball team was like that this year. They would beat the main competition and then lose to a last place Romanian squad. :nuts:

• Like 1

Our handball team was like that this year. They would beat the main competition and then lose to a last place Romanian squad. :nuts:

They sound "Spursy". :facepalm:

• Like 1

Tricky business, when your club is flush with cash. Not a Cracovia problem I`ll admit, but it`s unusual for Spurs to be adding players to the squad instead of buying players to improve the first XI. 

Which brings me to my point. Richarlison is not a player that I have much love for, as he does all the stuff that Neymar has taught him except for the skill. I wonder if his brand of antagonism and histrionics will look like a thing of beauty if performed in a Spurs shirt? I`ll admit that he seemed to really rise to Everton`s desperate need towards the end of the season, and earned them a bunch of points when it mattered so he might be very useful, but still... :confused:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Tricky business, when your club is flush with cash. Not a Cracovia problem I`ll admit, but it`s unusual for Spurs to be adding players to the squad instead of buying players to improve the first XI. 

Which brings me to my point. Richarlison is not a player that I have much love for, as he does all the stuff that Neymar has taught him except for the skill. I wonder if his brand of antagonism and histrionics will look like a thing of beauty if performed in a Spurs shirt? I`ll admit that he seemed to really rise to Everton`s desperate need towards the end of the season, and earned them a bunch of points when it mattered so he might be very useful, but still... :confused:

I hear you're also getting Clement Lenglet from Barcelona. In related news, Cracovia will not sign any national team players from Brazil or France this season.  :banghead:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I hear you're also getting Clement Lenglet from Barcelona. In related news, Cracovia will not sign any national team players from Brazil or France this season.  :banghead:

Nice work from the England U19s, assuming they hold on to the lead - a rare international trophy. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nice work from the England U19s, assuming they hold on to the lead - a rare international trophy. :thumbsup:

Izreal didn't have a shot, those San Marino colors are never a good thing. Still, it was fortunate England avoided penalties. :wink:

• Like 1

"Hot favourite Swiatek out of Wimbledon".

She`s not that hot. :tongue:

It's no secret she's not as good on faster surfaces. Add to it the horrible first serve throughout the tournament and the result was predictable. The whole nation was willing her to continue winning, a bit too optimistic   :imo: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

It's no secret she's not as good on faster surfaces. Add to it the horrible first serve throughout the tournament and the result was predictable. The whole nation was willing her to continue winning, a bit too optimistic   :imo: 

I`ve not watched any Wimbledon yet. Keeps clashing with Cricket so what am I to do? :confused:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned