The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

3 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Huddersfield Town got screwed big time. :angry:

It`s pretty rough that a penalty isn`t given just to ensure that the retiring referee doesn`t have his feelings hurt. :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

It`s pretty rough that a penalty isn`t given just to ensure that the retiring referee doesn`t have his feelings hurt. :facepalm:

That's the feeling I got at the time, not to make him look stupid. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Some definite excitement tomorrow with Poland-Wales, Scotland-Ukraine doubleheader. :popcorn:

I convinced my estranged wife not to go to Glasgow on the train tomorrow afternoon, as I figured it might get a little messy. But on the other hand, I missed a wonderful opportunity to spite her. :firedevil: 

• Like 2

I convinced my estranged wife not to go to Glasgow on the train tomorrow afternoon, as I figured it might get a little messy. But on the other hand, I missed a wonderful opportunity to spite her. :firedevil: 

You did tell her to take a taxi, surely. :firedevil:

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

You did tell her to take a taxi, surely. :firedevil:

I did better than that - she`s not going at all, and she`s going to make curry.  :cool:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

No black pudding? :angry:

I think it would be a culinary faux-pas to use black pudding instead of good old poulet in a curry (although I love the stuff :wub:).

• Like 1

I think it would be a culinary faux-pas to use black pudding instead of good old poulet in a curry (although I love the stuff :wub:).

In Poland, it's black pudding 4236 curry 1, black pudding going through on aggregate there. :cool:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Poland 2 Wales 1 :smile:  It looked grim for the longest time, but the subs made it happen for us. 

That`s a weakened Wales out the way - now for the little matter of a rejuvenated Netherlands and the allegedly golden generation of Belgians. :eh: 

• Like 1

That`s a weakened Wales out the way - now for the little matter of a rejuvenated Netherlands and the allegedly golden generation of Belgians. :eh: 

I see it as work half-way done, as long as we stay in Division A. Yes, it wasn't Wales' first unit out there today, but I'm glad we now have more offensive threats besides just Lewandowski. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I see it as work half-way done, as long as we stay in Division A. Yes, it wasn't Wales' first unit out there today, but I'm glad we now have more offensive threats besides just Lewandowski. 

Nice to have those first world (Nations League) problems... unlike Scotland.

• Like 1

Just now, blackhawkrush said:

Italy is not making you happy, either.  :eh: 

Well, I`ve always had a soft spot for cheating Argentinians too, so that`s okay. The mighty Christian Romero, Ricky Villa and Ossie Ardiles, and ...errr... Mauricio Taricco. :bolt:

• Like 1

Well, I`ve always had a soft spot for cheating Argentinians too, so that`s okay. The mighty Christian Romero, Ricky Villa and Ossie Ardiles, and ...errr... Mauricio Taricco. :bolt:

:ohmy: I don't know why I stay friends with you. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wow, McGinn is even worse than Zielinski. :ninja:

It`s lazy to say "I could score that", but you know... I could certainly do just as well. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It`s lazy to say "I could score that", but you know... I could certainly do just as well. :thumbsup:

So who do you want to win on Sunday?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

So who do you want to win on Sunday?  

I can`t say that I`ve ever felt overwhelmed with love for Wales, after that bad holiday when I was 5. Ukraine probably deserve a break.

• Like 1

I can`t say that I`ve ever felt overwhelmed with love for Wales, after that bad holiday when I was 5. Ukraine probably deserve a break.

I'll go with Wales. Of course, I would've had a different favorite, had today's game ended in a Poland loss. :wink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Lukaku had to leave early, De Bruyne is tired, no Courtois... :16ton:

Strange result,  but opens up the group. Lots of funny results tonight, with the traditionally better side losing. I guess that`s because their players were involved in more games of higher profile and they really just want to stop. :zzz:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned