The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

You know, maybe I`ve been rash in not looking forward to North London derbies. This has been kinda  relaxing and fun. :smoke:

Son spoils Harry's hat-trick opportunity. :moon:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

That wasn't Spursy at all! Nicely done, you season-wrecking m****r f*****s!

Of course, what Nova conveniently chooses to overlook would be Spurs` league double over Man City, without which the league would already be over. :blah:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

That wasn't Spursy at all! Nicely done, you season-wrecking m****r f*****s!

The lady serving me at the pub was cursing a blue streak throughout, starting with the penalty kick.

Sadly her language may not improve Saturday - for one she's a Chelsea supporter,  and the pub is a real madhouse for the Cup Final-more so if Salah goes on a tear.

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Of course, what Nova conveniently chooses to overlook would be Spurs` league double over Man City, without which the league would already be over. :blah:

:huh: That sounds like science fiction. Are you sure it really happened? 

• Like 1

Don't come that tone with me, sir, with your "math" and your "facts" and your "good points" -- I know who's fault this is!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

The lady serving me at the pub was cursing a blue streak throughout, starting with the penalty kick.

Sadly her language may not improve Saturday - for one she's a Chelsea supporter,  and the pub is a real madhouse for the Cup Final-more so if Salah goes on a tear.

Here's hoping Salah tears it up thoroughly.

33 year-old Polish striker with one year left on his contract tells his Sporting Director he wishes to leave the club.

What am I bid? 

40M. He wants to be the deciding factor in future Barcelona La Liga crowns, forgetting that if things don't click right from the start, he may find himself on the bench...Meanwhile, his old club just won the Ekstraklasa title. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

40M. He wants to be the deciding factor in future Barcelona La Liga crowns, forgetting that if things don't click right from the start, he may find himself on the bench...Meanwhile, his old club just won the Ekstraklasa title. 

Maybe he`ll come back to the Elstraklasa to taunt you one more time. Seems a shame to go to Barca. I guess that`s because I`m not a fan of them and maybe liked the idea of him plying his trade in England. A year at City whilst Haaland beds in; now that`s a transfer strategy. :coy:

• Like 1

Maybe he`ll come back to the Elstraklasa to taunt you one more time. Seems a shame to go to Barca. I guess that`s because I`m not a fan of them and maybe liked the idea of him plying his trade in England. A year at City whilst Haaland beds in; now that`s a transfer strategy. :coy:

He's not interested in a one year extension offered by Bayern or a two-year deal which he would've gotten in Germany starting next season. Looks like Muller's all-time scoring record at Bundesliga is secured.  :eh:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

He's not interested in a one year extension offered by Bayern or a two-year deal which he would've gotten in Germany starting next season. Looks like Muller's all-time scoring record at Bundesliga is secured.  :eh:

I wouldn`t throw that away for a boring year or two in Spain. :zzz:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

It'll be three years, then MLS and Ekstraklasa.  :old: 

He`ll be singing "I love the Costa Brava" and drinking Watney`s Red Barrel. :facepalm:

• Like 1

He`ll be singing "I love the Costa Brava" and drinking Watney`s Red Barrel. :facepalm:

In other news, The Icepack behaving like an ass after losing to Adrian Lewis at the Czech Open.  :moon:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Never mind, false alarm.  :eh:

At least there`s some action at the top of the table for the final day, assuming Liverpool don`t go mad whilst trying to rectify the goal difference problem. Looks like there could be some squabbling over 4th too. Frankly, I`d prefer Spurs to have either guaranteed the CL place or for it to be completely unachievable, as the prospect of messing things up at Norwich is just too comical. :facepalm:

• Like 1

I'm awake! The loss would have been spicier, but a draw is still nice as it adds some tension and uncertainty to the last day.

The last time LFC tried to pad their GD, it lead to "Crystanbul," so let's remember to play some defense, shall we?

Maybe I'll give Moyes the cake I was going to bake for Conte.

Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm awake! The loss would have been spicier, but a draw is still nice as it adds some tension and uncertainty to the last day.

The last time LFC tried to pad their GD, it lead to "Crystanbul," so let's remember to play some defense, shall we?

Maybe I'll give Moyes the cake I was going to bake for Conte.

Save a piece for Fabianski. :smile:

• The topic was unpinned