The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Legia 2 Wisla 1 :facepalm: Well, we scored on a fast break, but their goalkeeper assisted us in accomplishing it. And then of course we give up the point in the 94th minute.

Conceding late goals to lose sucks. I`d rather be out of it early doors than nearly getting a point. On a semi-related point, I didn`t realise Legia was where Tomas Pekhart ended up, all those years after he was at Spurs.

Ever since he showed up at Legia, he's been a scoring machine. Because of poor showings in Europe, this season the management foolishly decided to look for even better strikers, resulting in the team's relegation zone blues. Those "projects" have now been shipped out, leaving Pekhart with another chance.

Tight league, the old Ekstraklasa - at least from 6th down it is. You`ve got to expect Legia to climb the table, which might make things a little awkward for you. How are you feeling about getting out of the jam?

I`d like the Prem to be 18 teams, but they`ll never vote to lose two games even though every coach would love it... and every owner would fly the team to Abu Dhabi or Florida in the free weekend to negate the rest. :facepalm:

• Like 1

After the meetings, the big winner is Paris, :chickendance: the big losers Kenia and Zimbabwe. :ph34r: :ph34r:

A bye for Poland would be a fair result, no? :huh: You shouldn`t need to refuse to play them. Russia ought to be expelled, you know, whilst they`re invading.
  • Like 2

Well, it`s the rare occasion where I can enjoy the foolishness of both sides without irritation, yes, it`s Leeds versus Spurs! :heart:

If either side had any sort of midfield, I wonder what the game would have been like. Spurs just so much more clinical and well, stronger in defence :bang bang: Leeds missing their spine of Cooper, Phillips and Bamford so much, and they can`t cope with such a tiny squad. :sigh:

Legia 2 Wisla 1 :facepalm: Well, we scored on a fast break, but their goalkeeper assisted us in accomplishing it. And then of course we give up the point in the 94th minute.

Conceding late goals to lose sucks. I`d rather be out of it early doors than nearly getting a point. On a semi-related point, I didn`t realise Legia was where Tomas Pekhart ended up, all those years after he was at Spurs.

Ever since he showed up at Legia, he's been a scoring machine. Because of poor showings in Europe, this season the management foolishly decided to look for even better strikers, resulting in the team's relegation zone blues. Those "projects" have now been shipped out, leaving Pekhart with another chance.

Tight league, the old Ekstraklasa - at least from 6th down it is. You`ve got to expect Legia to climb the table, which might make things a little awkward for you. How are you feeling about getting out of the jam?

I`d like the Prem to be 18 teams, but they`ll never vote to lose two games even though every coach would love it... and every owner would fly the team to Abu Dhabi or Florida in the free weekend to negate the rest. :facepalm:

We're still in the thick of things, but our next three games are against Lech, Pogon and Lechia. At the end of those few weeks we might be buried at the bottom of the standings. :|
  • Like 1

We're still in the thick of things, but our next three games are against Lech, Pogon and Lechia. At the end of those few weeks we might be buried at the bottom of the standings. :|

Or not :sundog:
  • Like 1

259 days ago, Christian Eriksen left the field on a stretcher, replaced for Denmark by Mathias Jensen - today it was Jensen who went off for Brentford as Eriksen made his comeback :notworthy:
  • Like 3

Window closes on Monday. Last chance to sign a decent striker. :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Diego Costa? :16ton: If your budget is zero for the transfer, but huge for the salary. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Diego Costa? :16ton: If your budget is zero for the transfer, but huge for the salary.

No, he looks too much like Luquinhas. :moon:
  • Like 1

Farewell, Marcelo. We hardly knew ye :rose:

The impact he had on those average, lower league players in 2018/19/20 was something I have never seen from any other coach, and I`d never seen football played that way - so many moments in my head where I was laughing out loud and seeing seven players chasing back one attacker, or the sheer speed and beauty as they tore sides apart. :notworthy:

I`d still love him to be the Spurs coach. His philosophy, that the only reward fans get for their time and love and money is an emotional high or low and therefore the team is morally obliged to attack permanently, to make them proud of their effort and desire, it`s so pure and Corinthian. :wub:

Hey, I was out of town over the weekend; did I miss anything good?

No, Lewandowski didn't score.

Oh, alright; all is well, then.

I'm gonna get this picture framed.

_123442878_whatsubject.jpg

Where does this rank for you, above a Premier League title or below?

Oh, this is below. This is a nice cup to have, and it was an exciting match, but it's only a handful of games, not the marathon of the Prem season.

For me, the ranking would be

Premier League title

Champions League

[Europa League, if it comes to that]

FA Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

Oh, this is below. This is a nice cup to have, and it was an exciting match, but it's only a handful of games, not the marathon of the Prem season.

For me, the ranking would be

Premier League title

Champions League

[Europa League, if it comes to that]

FA Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

I wouldn't have Europa League as high. Winning it places you as the 17th best team in Europe. :zzz:

Hey, I was out of town over the weekend; did I miss anything good?

A beautiful thrilling era is over, and we`ll never see its likes again. The league is poorer without him. Who will be my second club now? :rose:

I`m talking of course of Abramovich relinquishing control in a move motivated by love and charity.

As the old saying goes, "If you love something, let it go... whilst retaining deeds and assets to avoid international sanctions". :wub:

• Like 1

No VAR for Spurs tonight - wondering whether we`ll score some deliicious goals that are clearly offside :cool: or `Boro will get away with many life-threatening tackles and crush us with their licence to commit brutalities? :scared:

Polish Cup quarterfinal: Olimpia (league two) 1 Wisla (ekstraklasa) 1 Penalties (5-3) :facepalm:

You made it to penalties against a lower league side? :notworthy: I dream of the day :lol:
  • Like 1

Polish Cup quarterfinal: Olimpia (league two) 1 Wisla (ekstraklasa) 1 Penalties (5-3) :facepalm:

You made it to penalties against a lower league side? :notworthy: I dream of the day :lol:

I still didn't avoid blood pressure medicine. :blink:
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned