The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Self-proclaimed best player in the world held scoreless against Nigeria. :P

I`m not particularly interested in AFCON. Although anything that weakens other sides but not mine is just fine :ebert:
  • Like 1

I`m not particularly interested in AFCON. Although anything that weakens other sides but not mine is just fine :ebert:

There was nothing else to watch, even for me. :blush: He had one attempt on goal and it was blocked.
  • Like 1

There was nothing else to watch, even for me. :blush: He had one attempt on goal and it was blocked.

Ronnie averaging 8 seconds a shot not good enough for you, eh? :tsk:
  • Like 1

Robertson is next, and remember, there's no one wicket to spare this time. ;)
  • Like 1

But he wouldn`t be so rotten as to deprive me one single win over the Aussies, would he? :(
  • Like 1

But he wouldn`t be so rotten as to deprive me one single win over the Aussies, would he? :(

May I suggest a football match? :)
  • Like 1

Ronnie is much fitter, so yes :cool:
  • Like 1

To me they're mirror images, except one is a brunette :drool: and the other a blonde. :drool:
  • Like 1

To me they're mirror images, except one is a brunette :drool: and the other a blonde. :drool:

I`ll concede that Robertson has great legs :ph34r:
  • Like 1

Yeah, but they always go to the side, don't they? :chickendance:
  • Like 1

Spurs are crying out for a left-sided player. He would improve us, compared to Docherty :sigh:
  • Like 1

Spurs are crying out for a left-sided player. He would improve us, compared to Docherty :sigh:

Wisla just improved at that spot by picking up Sebastian Ring, a man who recently played in Sweden's top flight league, Allsvenskan. :o
  • Like 1

Wisla just improved at that spot by picking up Sebastian Ring, a man who recently played in Sweden's top flight league, Allsvenskan. :o

I`m familiar with the Allsvenskan. You could pick up great bargains there in Championship Manager 1999/2000 :yes:
  • Like 1

I`m familiar with the Allsvenskan. You could pick up great bargains there in Championship Manager 1999/2000 :yes:

Robertson didn't mention the Ashes. :)
  • Like 1

Haaland to leave Dortmund in this transfer window?

Make it happen, LFC!

If it wasn't already disappearing over the horizon, I think we can say the Prem title is done and dusted, so the real competition will be 2-6! If the 'pool can't beat the Bs handily tomorrow, I worry.

Haaland to leave Dortmund in this transfer window?

Make it happen, LFC!

If it wasn't already disappearing over the horizon, I think we can say the Prem title is done and dusted, so the real competition will be 2-6! If the 'pool can't beat the Bs handily tomorrow, I worry.

You should be fine today, as Brentford don`t have the luxury that Arsenal have of just blaming Covid for having few players.

*Arsenal have in fact got one Covid case, but due to AFCON, suspensions and players they let out on loan this week, they have been granted their postponement. I was feeling quietly confident for once heading into a North London derby, as I thought Arsenal might play with seven U-18s and Bob Wilson in goal.

• Like 1

I found Montenegro beating Slovenia in EURO handball today extremely satisfying. :hail:

Lewandowski wins FIFA award and you`re posting about handball :tsk:

This win may be overshadowed by the return of Adam Nawalka to the national team's coaching chair. It could also spell the end of Klich, who only a few days ago was caught on hot-mike saying " If it's Nawalka, then we're f#@&ed."
  • Like 1

I found Montenegro beating Slovenia in EURO handball today extremely satisfying. :hail:

This win may be overshadowed by the return of Adam Nawalka to the national team's coaching chair. It could also spell the end of Klich, who only a few days ago was caught on hot-mike saying " If it's Nawalka, then we're f#@&ed."

Shame if so, as Klich was at his bubbliest yesterday against West Ham. Better than he`s been for while. Nawalka`s less sexy than Sousa, I suppose.
  • Like 1

Shame if so, as Klich was at his bubbliest yesterday against West Ham. Better than he`s been for while. Nawalka`s less sexy than Sousa, I suppose.

He's sexy to me: ex-Wisla player, first ever win against Germany under his guidance, being this close from a EURO 2016 semifinal...I think the beef Klich has with Adam is him being overlooked during the tenure of the1978 Ekstraklasa winner, and only making his presence felt on the team after Nawalka's departure in 2018.
  • Like 1

He's sexy to me: ex-Wisla player, first ever win against Germany under his guidance, being this close from a EURO 2016 semifinal...I think the beef Klich has with Adam is him being overlooked during the tenure of the1978 Ekstraklasa winner, and only making his presence felt on the team after Nawalka's departure in 2018.

I guess you had to go for experience if you`re going to storm your way to the World Cup finals :ebert:
  • Like 1

What a finish in Leicester :o and Bergwijn could've been sent off just seconds before.

Of course, as a seasoned Spurs fan, I definitely hadn`t stopped watching by then or complained to my wife about how we should have won the game :laughing guy:
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned