The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

We welcome Portugal and Sweden to the playoffs.

I`m guessing you won`t welcome Italy so keenly :scared:

After tonight's performance by the White Eagles, even challenging Switzerland would be too much to ask. If Belgium doesn't win tomorrow, we won't be seeded in the playoff draw, and more questions will be raised why Lewandowski played against Andorra and not Hungary.

He might have wanted the Andorra game more, for reasons I can`t understand :coy: Or maybe there was an agreement with Bayern?
  • Like 1

After tonight's performance by the White Eagles, even challenging Switzerland would be too much to ask. If Belgium doesn't win tomorrow, we won't be seeded in the playoff draw, and more questions will be raised why Lewandowski played against Andorra and not Hungary.

He might have wanted the Andorra game more, for reasons I can`t understand :coy: Or maybe there was an agreement with Bayern?

The official story is that he's tired and also Bayern has a game on Friday. I think the team thought that there is no way Denmark and Belgium can't get results against Scotland and Wales. And knowing that Hungary was going to play deep reserves tonight, it was surely in the bag.
  • Like 1

The official story is that he's tired and also Bayern has a game on Friday. I think the team thought that there is no way Denmark and Belgium can't get results against Scotland and Wales. And knowing that Hungary was going to play deep reserves tonight, it was surely in the bag.

Scotland though... I mean, blimey. They have looked half decent for a few games in a row. Tough place, a full Hampden Park, for their semi.
  • Like 1

Scotland though... I mean, blimey. They have looked half decent for a few games in a row. Tough place, a full Hampden Park, for their semi.

If we don't get seeded, I wouldn't mind a Scotland vs Poland in March.
  • Like 1

That would be fun, and slightly attritional for us :rage:
  • Like 1

Never mind. You take North Macedonia, we'll take Wales, and then you eliminate Portugal and we'll down Italy.
  • Like 1

Never mind. You take North Macedonia, we'll take Wales, and then you eliminate Portugal and we'll down Italy.

I`m not sure you`ve got all those dominoes lined up correctly, buddy :)
  • Like 1

De Bruyne and the ex-Wisla man Beciraj already working for Poland. :cool:

Wales will always be my least favoured "home nation", due to a bad holiday I had there when I was 4 :boo hiss:

What happened? Were you attacked by Trevor Hockey? ;)
  • Like 2

Wales will always be my least favoured "home nation", due to a bad holiday I had there when I was 4 :boo hiss:

Attacked, yes! A sheepdog bit me on the head and is why I`ve got my paralysing fear of dogs :scared:
  • Like 1

Attacked, yes! A sheepdog bit me on the head and is why I`ve got my paralysing fear of dogs :scared:

Trevor would've done a lot worse. :codger:
  • Like 1

A lifelong fear of Trevor Hockey would be easier to manage though - unless he`s often running free around public parks, jumping at me because he "wants to play", and barking at me in the street too?

*Ghost of Trevor Hockey might be scary but I don`t know why he`s singling me out to haunt :eh:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

A lifelong fear of Trevor Hockey would be easier to manage though - unless he`s often running free around public parks, jumping at me because he "wants to play", and barking at me in the street too?

*Ghost of Trevor Hockey might be scary but I don`t know why he`s singling me out to haunt :eh:

You shaved off his beard while he was sleeping. :tsk:
  • Like 2

Vacation time for De Bruyne thanks to COVID. :cool:

He`ll be cursing when the rest of the league have Covid-absences over Christmas and New Year too :facepalm:

Maybe he celebrates Thanksgiving. :ebert:
  • Like 1

He`ll be cursing when the rest of the league have Covid-absences over Christmas and New Year too :facepalm:

Nobody knows when that is :tsk:
  • Like 1

I know, being a Blackhawk fan. :hockey:
  • Like 1

I know, being a Blackhawk fan. :hockey:

I lied a bit - the terrible Black Friday emails are a dead giveaway :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned