The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I`m gonna really miss Ole`s management when he gets rightfully fired.

We've got a little derby in Krakow tomorrow. Hey, how about that O'Sullivan-Higgins semifinal? That deciding frame was exceptionally bad. I don't think I've ever seen this many blunders, but at least Ronnie can blame the tip. ;)

Higgins is the best player ever to be able to play really really badly too, if that makes sense.

The second semi was perhaps even worse. The highlight turned out to be the referee killing a fly.
  • Like 1

We've got a little derby in Krakow tomorrow. Hey, how about that O'Sullivan-Higgins semifinal? That deciding frame was exceptionally bad. I don't think I've ever seen this many blunders, but at least Ronnie can blame the tip. ;)

Higgins is the best player ever to be able to play really really badly too, if that makes sense.

The second semi was perhaps even worse. The highlight turned out to be the referee killing a fly.

Think I`ll skip the Robertson Higgins final, as I can`t get the Robertson psycho clown hair image out of my head.

Meanwhile, Big Bobby Lewandowski helped himself to his 60th goal of the year :o

• Like 1

Think I`ll skip the Robertson Higgins final, as I can`t get the Robertson psycho clown hair image out of my head.

Meanwhile, Big Bobby Lewandowski helped himself to his 60th goal of the year :o

:tsk: All of Scotland will be watching Higgins tomorrow. And as for Lewy, it's easy when all you have to do is wave and the pass comes to you. :cool:
  • Like 1

Liverpool, I`m very disappointed with you.

Conte has immediately bought into the Tottenham league tradition of not shooting or scoring - our last effort on target was in 1897 against West Ham on 24th October :facepalm:

• Like 1

Conte has immediately bought into the Tottenham league tradition of not shooting or scoring - our last effort on target was in 1897 against West Ham on 24th October :facepalm:

You're disappointed? You think you're disappointed? Yikes.

• Like 1

You're disappointed? You think you're disappointed? Yikes.

Frustrating that West Ham seemed less tired, despite having less recovery time after Europe and having a weaker squad. Something must be done about this David Moyes situation :bang bang:

So Stevie G is now a Villan, eh? Well, best of luck to him. He goes from being a big fish in small pond, to a small fish in the biggest pond! This should provide good fodder for the "Gerrard after Klopp" crowd. The transfer window may be key; who does he grab from LFC on loan?
  • Like 1

So Stevie G is now a Villan, eh? Well, best of luck to him. He goes from being a big fish in small pond, to a small fish in the biggest pond! This should provide good fodder for the "Gerrard after Klopp" crowd. The transfer window may be key; who does he grab from LFC on loan?

It`ll be interesting whether his relative success - 1 trophy out of 9 available, fewer than St Johnstone over the same period - has given him a useful grounding. I`ve always been slightly more on the "it`s all about the players" argument, rather than believing in the cult of the manager, but this should be a good test. He is very unlikely to obtain a Klopp-like record at Villa; I mean, the Klopp of Dortmund.

The difficulty at any PL club is always the same - 11 of the 20 richest European clubs are in England. You can be very rich and really good but still finish with nothing, so what is success at Villa?

Edited by IbanezJem

Lampard in talks for Norwich job. Gerrard leaves Rangers. Lampard withdraws from Norwich talks. Coincidence? I think not! Frank wants a taste of the two-team league, and a bit of Brendan Rodgers-style reputation rehab. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

I find it quite strange when Maguire does the hands to his ears thing when he scores a simple header for England. It doesn`t invalidate his subpar performances for Utd and isn`t even in the same half of the pitch that has created the debate about his ability.

what is success at Villa?

For this year, staying up!

For next year and beyond? Making Europe, probably; some Cup semis.

So it`s you that`s been pushing the false narrative that they are under some sort of threat of demotion. Norwich, Newcastle and Watford will be in touch :yes:

We welcome Portugal and Sweden to the playoffs.

I`m guessing you won`t welcome Italy so keenly :scared:

After tonight's performance by the White Eagles, even challenging Switzerland would be too much to ask. If Belgium doesn't win tomorrow, we won't be seeded in the playoff draw, and more questions will be raised why Lewandowski played against Andorra and not Hungary.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned