The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Plock 2 Wisla 0 :gumby: Two shots on target for Wisla. :chickendance:

Well, that's some progress... :lol:

We had some problems with COVID this week, but let's be honest, those guys wouldn't make a difference anyway.
  • Like 2

We had some problems with COVID this week, but let's be honest, those guys wouldn't make a difference anyway.

More Covid, that`s the answer. Postponements give the best results!
  • Like 2

More Covid, that`s the answer. Postponements give the best results!

In Ekstraklasa, you have to be Legia to get those kind of benefits. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Nuno has been given the heave-ho. Who next for Spurs? Is this job a 'poison chalice'?

This was a bad appointment of a decent man. So better to act now. Tottenham need to get over themselves. I`ve always said that we`re a mid-table team who totally lucked out with Pochettino, and his excellence without spending any money allowed the stadium to be built, but it was at the cost of improving a football team.

So... Conte. If Levy believes we`re a big club - which is hardly true other than in revenue terms - then Conte would be the right man, whom rightly demands backing as he does deliver everywhere he goes. And I really really want all the lazy players that run the least in the league and create no chances each game to raise their attitude and effort, or be completely sidelined, as is the Conte way. His teams score a lot of goals but are organised and thus jaded and bored group will have no excuses. Kane will look like a jerk if he doesn`t do as he`s told.

I would chain Conte to the training ground gate to make sure he was still in the country tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Nuno has been given the heave-ho. Who next for Spurs? Is this job a 'poison chalice'?

This was a bad appointment of a decent man. So better to act now. Tottenham need to get over themselves. I`ve always said that we`re a mid-table team who totally lucked out with Pochettino, and his excellence without spending any money allowed the stadium to be built, but it was at the cost of improving a football team.

So... Conte. If Levy believes we`re a big club - which is hardly true other than in revenue terms - then Conte would be the right man, whom rightly demands backing as he does deliver everywhere he goes. And I really really want all the lazy players that run the least in the league and create no chances each game to raise their attitude and effort, or be completely sidelined, as is the Conte way. His teams score a lot of goals but are organised and thus jaded and bored group will have no excuses. Kane will look like a jerk if he doesn`t do as he`s told.

I would chain Conte to the training ground gate to make sure he was still in the country tomorrow morning.

Yeah, Conte would be a good choice. But Spurs have a dubious squad at the moment.

It looks a bit desperate on Conte's part; first flirting with the Toon, then signing with Spurs; does this man have multiple alimonies to cover?

Has Spurs' problem been tactics? Training ground work? Unless Conte can play, this may be a "next year" payoff.

• Like 2

It looks a bit desperate on Conte's part; first flirting with the Toon, then signing with Spurs; does this man have multiple alimonies to cover?

Has Spurs' problem been tactics? Training ground work? Unless Conte can play, this may be a "next year" payoff.

The ultimate answer is that today is 5000 days since Spurs won a trophy :facepalm: And it`s not a divisive appointment among fans, as he is the best available. Conte`s argued that he was too soon from Inter when we courted in the summer, and I`m quite impressed that he`s willing to take on a project that is much harder than his usual jobs. He doesn`t need money, so the only thing at stake for him is his reputation. And he would love to do what Mourinho failed - when they were in the PL together Conte said Jose had senile dementia and Jose said at least he had his own hair :lol:
  • Like 2

The ultimate answer is that today is 5000 days since Spurs won a trophy :facepalm: And it`s not a divisive appointment among fans, as he is the best available. Conte`s argued that he was too soon from Inter when we courted in the summer, and I`m quite impressed that he`s willing to take on a project that is much harder than his usual jobs. He doesn`t need money, so the only thing at stake for him is his reputation. And he would love to do what Mourinho failed - when they were in the PL together Conte said Jose had senile dementia and Jose said at least he had his own hair :lol:

European football aside, away to Everton on Sunday is not the worst fixture in the world - Everton on a losing streak so potentially there for the taking.
  • Like 1

Two tough and fair games played. They were as fiery as I had hoped for. I wouldn't have wanted to see any more of that CR7 magic, however. Atalanta should be more clinical in finishing in the remaining matches to make her way to the next round.
  • Like 1

Two tough and fair games played. They were as fiery as I had hoped for. I wouldn't have wanted to see any more of that CR7 magic, however. Atalanta should be more clinical in finishing in the remaining matches to make her way to the next round.

Sorry that you weren`t able to get one of them as a win, which is insane as you`re clearer a better side - despite the ridiculous difference in budget and the game at Old Trafford when you had injuries and so many players missing. Making sure you get into the CL again next year is looking tricky but as the Jose explosion has already started you should be above Roma soon :ebert:

The United thing though... from my perspective, CR7 has kept Ole in a job long enough for Conte to be available, which is crazy. Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, possibly Emery at Newcastle soon, and at the biggest club of them all... Ole :laughing yellow guy: I read that Utd`s owners secretly love this as they are not chasing success, but are a content producing brand - late dramatic draws and nostalgia make a better story than having an organised winning XI.

• Like 1

Conte already wants six from Serie A: De Ligt, Chiesa, Brozovic, De Vrij, Romagnoli and Vlahovic. Does this means the problem at Tottenham was Nuno or the players? :P

The stadium is basically an Overlook Hotel in London with blood coming out of the elevators. No matter how glossy it looks, nobody can succeed there and Daniel Levy will always be the caretaker :zalice:
  • Like 1

Conte already wants six from Serie A: De Ligt, Chiesa, Brozovic, De Vrij, Romagnoli and Vlahovic. Does this means the problem at Tottenham was Nuno or the players? :P

The stadium is basically an Overlook Hotel in London with blood coming out of the elevators. No matter how glossy it looks, nobody can succeed there and Daniel Levy will always be the caretaker :zalice:

A baseball bat might help. :ebert:
  • Like 1

:tsk: You chose one of the few sports we don`t rent out the stadium for.
  • Like 2

:tsk: You chose one of the few sports we don`t rent out the stadium for.

Just swing it like Wendy did :cheerleader: It won't be mistaken for a sport.
  • Like 1

I`m gonna really miss Ole`s management when he gets rightfully fired.

We've got a little derby in Krakow tomorrow. Hey, how about that O'Sullivan-Higgins semifinal? That deciding frame was exceptionally bad. I don't think I've ever seen this many blunders, but at least Ronnie can blame the tip. ;)
  • Like 1

I`m gonna really miss Ole`s management when he gets rightfully fired.

We've got a little derby in Krakow tomorrow. Hey, how about that O'Sullivan-Higgins semifinal? That deciding frame was exceptionally bad. I don't think I've ever seen this many blunders, but at least Ronnie can blame the tip. ;)

Higgins is the best player ever to be able to play really really badly too, if that makes sense.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned