The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Wisla 0 Slask 5 :facepalm: Total team collapse in front of your fans.

The last time I can remember that happening to Spurs was when Liverpool came to town at the arse end of the Villas-Boas era. :facepalm: indeed.

Did you also start the game with SIX men at the back? :wacko:
  • Like 1

The last time I can remember that happening to Spurs was when Liverpool came to town at the arse end of the Villas-Boas era. :facepalm: indeed.

As I remember it, we played a really high defensive line and slow 43 year-old Friedel in goal. Liverpool kicked it over the defence and ran into the massive space in between, ad nauseum :rose:
  • Like 1

As I remember it, we played a really high defensive line and slow 43 year-old Friedel in goal. Liverpool kicked it over the defence and ran into the massive space in between, ad nauseum :rose:

This was the worst home defeat for Wisla since the 1993 6-0 loss to Legia, but that was a fixed game. The 'Neckties' had to win big in order to finish top of the table. Two weeks later, the title was taken away from them and awarded to the third place team. The runner-up was also cheating, you see.
  • Like 1

Wow, how awful would it be for that to happen at home! I wonder how that feels -- let's ask Man United, shall we? :dweez: :chickendance:

• Like 1

Wow, how awful would it be for that to happen at home! I wonder how that feels -- let's ask Man United, shall we? :dweez: :chickendance:

And also, both Wisla and MU played in the same colors. Not a good weekend for the red and white. :16ton:
  • Like 1

I`m trying to think of two worse teams than Utd and Spurs right now, so Sunday`s game could be really nasty. "El Sackio", they`re calling it. I can`t think of any result that stretches credulity, from 7-3 to either side and all points in between - although Kane will have to move a bit if he retains any interest in scoring (and that`s a big "if").
  • Like 1

I`m trying to think of two worse teams than Utd and Spurs right now, so Sunday`s game could be really nasty. "El Sackio", they`re calling it. I can`t think of any result that stretches credulity, from 7-3 to either side and all points in between - although Kane will have to move a bit if he retains any interest in scoring (and that`s a big "if").

Given their leakiness, it's unlikely, but this match has nil-nil energy radiating from it for me. Both teams uptight and nervous, more worried about mistakes than great play. At least one outbreak of argy-bargy. Maybe a dodgy pen decides it.

I thought you were weaning yourself off the Spurs?

• Like 1

Given their leakiness, it's unlikely, but this match has nil-nil energy radiating from it for me. Both teams uptight and nervous, more worried about mistakes than great play. At least one outbreak of argy-bargy. Maybe a dodgy pen decides it.

I thought you were weaning yourself off the Spurs?

I thought it would be like weaning myself off sticking my face in a fan, or putting my todger in a blender. Turns out that giving up after 40+ years of following is not that simple. But a low expectation, curmudgeonly, embittered fair-weather supporter? I can do that, all day and all night :yes:

I know I`m struggling to support my team when I want them to get smashed, to teach them all a lesson :smash:

I find myself thinking the same way about the Hawks, but in my case, I just want the coach to get fired. :nya nya:
  • Like 1

I know I`m struggling to support my team when I want them to get smashed, to teach them all a lesson :smash:

I find myself thinking the same way about the Hawks, but in my case, I just want the coach to get fired. :nya nya:

Well, of course firing a coach is always something we can all enjoy. But I suspect I`m edging from anger to indifference. Maybe I`ll go and watch Gala Fairydean in the Scottish Lowland League instead, be nice to see some better football :yes:
  • Like 1

Well, of course firing a coach is always something we can all enjoy. But I suspect I`m edging from anger to indifference. Maybe I`ll go and watch Gala Fairydean in the Scottish Lowland League instead, be nice to see some better football :yes:

You're disappointed with Spurs losing, I'm a bit disappointed with Ratajski's win over Fallon Sherrock. How else is he going to get his name on Yahoo Sports unless he loses to a woman? :P
  • Like 1

You're disappointed with Spurs losing, I'm a bit disappointed with Ratajski's win over Fallon Sherrock. How else is he going to get his name on Yahoo Sports unless he loses to a woman? :P

It`s only just made "Darts News" :lol:
  • Like 1

Tottenham haven’t had a shot on target in their last two hours and 16 minutes of football :laughing guy:

Wisla might also be somewhere around there. My support for them will be severely tested tomorrow. I'd have to get up at 5:30am to watch their game. Still contemplating my choices...
  • Like 2

Tottenham haven’t had a shot on target in their last two hours and 16 minutes of football :laughing guy:

Wisla might also be somewhere around there. My support for them will be severely tested tomorrow. I'd have to get up at 5:30am to watch their game. Still contemplating my choices...

Use a UK clock and t's only a few hours away :codger:
  • Like 2

Plock 2 Wisla 0 :gumby: Two shots on target for Wisla. :chickendance:

Well, that's some progress... :lol:

• Like 1

Atalanta met one of her arch enemies yesterday. It turned out to be a fair match on the pitch. Some idiot(s) threw some objects (a coin and possibly a tape roll) to the back of Reina's head, an act which I disapprove. The best moment of the game was my favourite de Roon scoring the equalizer at 90' + 4' after blundering earlier in the match.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned