The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Every big club loses this weekend: PSG, Barca, Real, Aston Villa. Who will join them? Cutting-edge free City, or tired and not-quite-at-it Liverpool?

Bayern too :sundog:

Lechia 3 Legia 1 :chickendance:

Every big club loses this weekend: PSG, Barca, Real, Aston Villa. Who will join them? Cutting-edge free City, or tired and not-quite-at-it Liverpool?

Matty Cash wants to play for Poland. Would you recommend him to us?

He`s a fine player. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend him as an impressive up-and-down, capable of crossing and finishing full back. Him and Moder at Brighton can be big players for you :ebert:

There is a question of cheapening the national team. "He wasn't good enough to break through with England, so now he wants to join Poland just because he has a Polish mother." And from I understand, he doesn't speak Polish.

I would cite the example of Ben Brereton-Diaz (now at Blackburn), who I think was at Forest with Cash a few years ago - he`s gone mad since becoming a Chilean. Scores all the time for club and country, and I doubt if his Spanish is up to snuff. Also think about what Eire did under Jackie Charlton - they used eligible players to becoming a force. Poland has a richer history than them of course, but everyone else is doing it these days :blush:
  • Like 1

Legia drained from their Europa game? Just like Leicester were today :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

He`s a fine player. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend him as an impressive up-and-down, capable of crossing and finishing full back. Him and Moder at Brighton can be big players for you :ebert:

There is a question of cheapening the national team. "He wasn't good enough to break through with England, so now he wants to join Poland just because he has a Polish mother." And from I understand, he doesn't speak Polish.

I would cite the example of Ben Brereton-Diaz (now at Blackburn), who I think was at Forest with Cash a few years ago - he`s gone mad since becoming a Chilean. Scores all the time for club and country, and I doubt if his Spanish is up to snuff. Also think about what Eire did under Jackie Charlton - they used eligible players to becoming a force. Poland has a richer history than them of course, but everyone else is doing it these days :blush:

Yeah, there would be no hesitation if the man in question was Messi or Ronaldo.

Legia drained from their Europa game? Just like Leicester were today :eyeroll:

No possibilities of postponing games anymore. :P They already have two to make up.

Southgate was so overwhelmed with good right backs that he would have had 19 of them in the Euro 2020 squad. So being just after TAA/Trippier/Walker/James etc. is no shameful thing.
  • Like 1

Sun & Moon could be uncharacteristically vexed and ratty if there`s no second half comeback from Gasperini`s boys.

The problem is, I forgot I'm not allowed to play Red Lenses when La Dea is playing a red team. The chords in the choruses are just a bit too catchy. :blink:

• Like 1

Sun & Moon could be uncharacteristically vexed and ratty if there`s no second half comeback from Gasperini`s boys.

The problem is, I forgot I'm not allowed to play Red Lenses when La Dea is playing a red team. The chords in the choruses are just a bit too catchy. :blink:

Perhaps learn One Little Victory, especially for Sunday evenings :huh:
  • Like 1

Perhaps. I've never liked that song, though, but that might work the magic.

Perhaps. I've never liked that song, though, but that might work the magic.

Nor should you like it! Something peppy like Temples of Syrinx could be sufficiently rousing.
  • Like 1

Southgate was so overwhelmed with good right backs that he would have had 19 of them in the Euro 2020 squad. So being just after TAA/Trippier/Walker/James etc. is no shameful thing.

Well, if he's fifth best in England, let me at him. :drool:
  • Like 1

Let's hope Pessina is not too badly injured.

The rank 8 does not make me happy. Christmas is here before we know it, and Atalanta should get something done.

It doesn`t sound so alluring when you put it like that, but I don`t know what you`ve got right now - comparable to the sixth best in England? Or just the only eligible two-legged male in Poland?
  • Like 1

Let's hope Pessina is not too badly injured.

The rank 8 does not make me happy. Christmas is here before we know it, and Atalanta should get something done.

It`s not turning out to be the greatest season, unless 8th was the target we set for both of our teams. I`m sure you`re pleased to see Romero is at least in the Spurs first team and settling in, assuming nothing goes wrong on international duty.
  • Like 1

It doesn`t sound so alluring when you put it like that, but I don`t know what you`ve got right now - comparable to the sixth best in England? Or just the only eligible two-legged male in Poland?

We need help on defense at every position. Glik is getting up in age, Bednarek is inconsistent, and when you have to rely on the likes of Dawidowicz and Reca on the wings, Cash sounds like money in the bank.
  • Like 1

Just a precis of the events @ Man Utd -

Glazers buy the club in a leveraged buy out. Very little of their own funds are used and the repayments come from the club and the huge income it makes, not the Glazers. Skip forward a few years, and they buy Ronaldo. Share price leaps to its highest price since 2018 and the Glazers sell their personal shares at a huge profit, whilst the club makes no money from this and the repayments continue to come from the club.

:huh:?

• Like 1

Glazers buy the club in a leveraged buy out. Very little of their own funds are used and the repayments come from the club and the huge income it makes, not the Glazers. Skip forward a few years, and they buy Ronaldo. Share price leaps to its highest price since 2018 and the Glazers sell their personal shares at a huge profit, whilst the club makes no money from this and the repayments continue to come from the club.

And what of the Newcastle controversy?

And what of the Newcastle controversy?

Just what I needed... another club making it even harder to get into the Top 6.

Seriously, the ship has sailed on moral probity in English football. The Saudi government human rights record is not exactly aligned with the FIFA mission statement of equality and opportunity to all, is it? When half of their population is treated as second class. No... I`m not impressed, but it`s not worse than Man City (or PSG). The FA and EPL are responsible for allowing the owner of Newcastle to be, in effect, MBS. Compared with the current government effectively being bankrolled by Russian businessman who have no interest in the wellbeing of the UK population, nobody should be too shocked by anything anymore :sigh:

None of the above should discourage them from buying Kane for £190m though :drool:

Edited by IbanezJem

Marciniak, one of the heroes for Scotland tonight. :gumby:

Once he had a look at the VAR screen, yes. He nearly disallowed a perfectly good goal just because it was very dangerous and the defender was kicked in the head :tsk:

Marciniak, one of the heroes for Scotland tonight. :gumby:

Once he had a look at the VAR screen, yes. He nearly disallowed a perfectly good goal just because it was very dangerous and the defender was kicked in the head :tsk:

I never understood that rule. It's the defender that's putting himself in a position to have his head clanged. The forward is only going after the ball.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned