The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Piast 1 Wisla 0 :| This time, our anti-hero turned out to be the goalkeeper, but the time wasting in the last twenty minutes was a masterpiece performed by Piast players. NASL was right about the rule of stopping the clock every time the ball is not in play.
  • Like 1

Piast 1 Wisla 0 :| This time, our anti-hero turned out to be the goalkeeper, but the time wasting in the last twenty minutes was a masterpiece performed by Piast players. NASL was right about the rule of stopping the clock every time the ball is not in play.

Tony Pulis said something about this last year. He proposed that all matches were played for two halves of 30 minutes, no injury time or anything - every time the ball leaves the field or play is stopped, the clock is stopped. In most matches, the ball is in play for about 56 minutes I think so it would mean more football. But I don`t see it happening, like most good ideas :beathorse:
  • Like 1

Tony Pulis said something about this last year. He proposed that all matches were played for two halves of 30 minutes, no injury time or anything - every time the ball leaves the field or play is stopped, the clock is stopped. In most matches, the ball is in play for about 56 minutes I think so it would mean more football. But I don`t see it happening, like most good ideas :beathorse:

I would still like to see the normal 45 to remain, but yeah, I've seen too many games where a team is leading by a goal around the 65th minute mark, and their only objective is to see how much time they can smother without trying to score again. That's one of the reason I like hockey, you can't cheat the clock.
  • Like 1

I would still like to see the normal 45 to remain, but yeah, I've seen too many games where a team is leading by a goal around the 65th minute mark, and their only objective is to see how much time they can smother without trying to score again. That's one of the reason I like hockey, you can't cheat the clock.

One of the reasons I like Cricket is you can wander about for hours, days even, and only stop playing when it gets dark :ebert:
  • Like 1

One of the reasons I like Cricket is you can wander about for hours, days even, and only stop playing when it gets dark :ebert:

And nobody rolls around on the ground for no bloody good reason.
  • Like 1

And nobody rolls around on the ground for no bloody good reason.

Well, I did now and again. If I`d bowled six balls and it was hot.
  • Like 1

Cracovia 3 Stal 3 :) Nice come back after being down 3-1 at halftime.

If Spurs are 3-1 down at half-time tomorrow I`ll find something else to do. I`m a much more fair-weathered fan than you :sundog:
  • Like 1

If Spurs are 3-1 down at half-time tomorrow I`ll find something else to do. I`m a much more fair-weathered fan than you :sundog:

I can explain my behavior by saying Cracovia always looked like scoring, so it was easy to continue watching.
  • Like 1

I can explain my behavior by saying Cracovia always looked like scoring, so it was easy to continue watching.

Spurs have scored four in their six games so far, inc. one penalty, so the chances of two in 45 minutes is slim to bupkiss.
  • Like 1

Where's the Inter defense..?

Ok, with goals like Džeko's you don't need a defense. :bang bang:

The ghost of Suarez, with massive vampire fangs dripping blue and purple blood, looms large over Barca.

And I followed Podolski. Finally a good game from him.

Granny will be pleased.
  • Like 1

The ghost of Suarez, with massive vampire fangs dripping blue and purple blood, looms large over Barca.

Granny will be pleased.

Yes, she's watching from that great big coalmine in the sky. :angel:

Granny will be pleased.

I don`t like the sound of that version of heaven :eh:
  • Like 1

Granny will be pleased.

Gornik means miner. Zabrze depends on coal for its existence. Posting 'that great big wind turbine in the sky' wouldn't have the same impact. ;)
  • Like 1

Every big club loses this weekend: PSG, Barca, Real, Aston Villa. Who will join them? Cutting-edge free City, or tired and not-quite-at-it Liverpool?

Matty Cash wants to play for Poland. Would you recommend him to us?
  • Like 1

Every big club loses this weekend: PSG, Barca, Real, Aston Villa. Who will join them? Cutting-edge free City, or tired and not-quite-at-it Liverpool?

He`s a fine player. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend him as an impressive up-and-down, capable of crossing and finishing full back. Him and Moder at Brighton can be big players for you :ebert:
  • Like 1

Granny will be pleased.

Gornik means miner. Zabrze depends on coal for its existence. Posting 'that great big wind turbine in the sky' wouldn't have the same impact. ;)

So like Northampton was previously famed for its shoe-making industry, I would say "the great big Cobblers in the sky" rather than the "shoe manufacturing factories that ruled Britain until the mid-20th century due to oak bark and water for tanning and leather from local cattle markets... in the sky."
  • Like 1

Granny will be pleased.

So like Northampton was previously famed for its shoe-making industry, I would say "the great big Cobblers in the sky" rather than the "shoe manufacturing factories that ruled Britain until the mid-20th century due to oak bark and water for tanning and leather from local cattle markets... in the sky."

Yeah, God's a busy man without all that to deal with.

He`s a fine player. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend him as an impressive up-and-down, capable of crossing and finishing full back. Him and Moder at Brighton can be big players for you :ebert:

There is a question of cheapening the national team. "He wasn't good enough to break through with England, so now he wants to join Poland just because he has a Polish mother." And from I understand, he doesn't speak Polish.

• The topic was unpinned