The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I am still in a state of shock that

a) N. Ireland won their game

and

b) They scored 4 goals!

N. Ireland scored more goals against Lithuania in one game than Italy and Switzerland put together. :cheers:
  • Like 2

and

b) They scored 4 goals!

N. Ireland scored more goals against Lithuania in one game than Italy and Switzerland put together. :cheers:

Look out for the new superpower! Maybe that's what you need to get you back on your football horse.

• Like 2

and

b) They scored 4 goals!

Look out for the new superpower! Maybe that's what you need to get you back on your football horse.

Full disclosure, N.I. was fortunate the penalty kick was taken by an ex-Ekstraklasa player, otherwise it's 2-2 and who knows...
  • Like 2

and

b) They scored 4 goals!

Hehehe .... I wish!

and

b) They scored 4 goals!

Full disclosure, N.I. was fortunate the penalty kick was taken by an ex-Ekstraklasa player, otherwise it's 2-2 and who knows...

Thank goodness!

I didn`t watch the England Andorra game, due to the far more alluring business of a good Test match taking place - but England had 88% possession. That must have been unwatchably dull :fuckinputer:
  • Like 1

Brazilian officials wandering onto the pitch after about five minutes, apparently unhappy about the Argentinian players that had arrived directly from UK rather than quarantining. Seems like the kind of discussion that could have have been had before kick-off. And Argentina have gone down the tunnel :wtf:

And Lewandowski is having an evening, fixing the wagons of silly San Marino.

• Like 1

Brazilian officials wandering onto the pitch after about five minutes, apparently unhappy about the Argentinian players that had arrived directly from UK rather than quarantining. Seems like the kind of discussion that could have have been had before kick-off. And Argentina have gone down the tunnel :wtf:

Before the game, the four Argentina players lied about not being in the UK in the last two weeks. Naughty, naughty. I wonder if the Polish health department can pull off something like that on Wednesday, especially after the Hungarian captain caught COVID right after the game against England.
  • Like 1

Before the game, the four Argentina players lied about not being in the UK in the last two weeks. Naughty, naughty. I wonder if the Polish health department can pull off something like that on Wednesday, especially after the Hungarian captain caught COVID right after the game against England.

...but if Lo Celso and Romero were two of the four, as reported by the BBC, that doesn`t seem a very impressive lie, as they were involved in the Spurs/Watford game last Sunday :lol:
  • Like 1

...but if Lo Celso and Romero were two of the four, as reported by the BBC, that doesn`t seem a very impressive lie, as they were involved in the Spurs/Watford game last Sunday :lol:

All Argentina needs now is for Messi to go play for Man City.
  • Like 1

Italy likes draws just as much as France. Somebody didn't tell them there's no penalty shootouts in qualifiers. :P

Maybe Jorginho will take a run up like a human after this miss, instead of a horse performing dressage :beathorse:
  • Like 1

Italy likes draws just as much as France. Somebody didn't tell them there's no penalty shootouts in qualifiers. :P

Maybe Jorginho will take a run up like a human after this miss, instead of a horse performing dressage :beathorse:

He tried to do a Lewandowski, but forgot to slow down the pace at the appropriate time. :gumby:
  • Like 1

Spurs are trying to make their "clash" against Chelsea on 19th Sept the first net zero carbon game. They also top the PL sustainability table. Does that count as a trophy? And more pertinently, will it be deemed more beautiful in future years than all the trophies bought by PSG, City and Chelsea with petro-dollars? :angel:

Poland 1 England 1 :) I was going to post "Kane 1 Lewandowski 0", but that last centering pass evens things out a bit.

I wasn`t paying much attention, but would you say a fair result? I saw Kane`s goal - I stand by my view of Szczesny - but I didn`t see many other attempts from England, just lots of passing.
  • Like 1

Poland 1 England 1 :) I was going to post "Kane 1 Lewandowski 0", but that last centering pass evens things out a bit.

I wasn`t paying much attention, but would you say a fair result? I saw Kane`s goal - I stand by my view of Szczesny - but I didn`t see many other attempts from England, just lots of passing.

We were fortunate Sterling, for most of the night, was looking for a free kick or a penalty instead of trying to score. Poland had a good first half. In the second 45, England had more of the ball and we seemed to be interested in a scoreless draw. And of course, after Kane tallied, there was a Winged Hussars charge presenting a reward in added time. 1-1, a fair result.
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned