The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Something to enjoy from Juve. Ronaldo requests to be benched for some reason, depending on who answers, but comes on and scores what he believes is the winner. Removes shirt in celebration, gets booked for that, then the goal is chalked off by VAR but his booking stands.
  • Like 1

Continuing our Monty Python thread conversation here, I would book every player approaching the referee with arms spread open.

I have always disliked that a defender can shepherd a ball over the line (normally for a goal kick) by holding off a striker and throwing him into the advertising hoardings whilst not making any attempt to play the ball. I`m not sure why it`s okay to be this violent in that area of the pitch, but nowhere else.
  • Like 1

Continuing our Monty Python thread conversation here, I would book every player approaching the referee with arms spread open.

I have always disliked that a defender can shepherd a ball over the line (normally for a goal kick) by holding off a striker and throwing him into the advertising hoardings whilst not making any attempt to play the ball. I`m not sure why it`s okay to be this violent in that area of the pitch, but nowhere else.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Still, what is football when England are on the verge of a great Cricket breakthrough?
  • Like 1

Agreed.

Still, what is football when England are on the verge of a great Cricket breakthrough?

78 all out, that's gotta be a record.
  • Like 1

Sheriff Tiraspol from the unrecognised breakaway Republic of Transnistria make the Champions League group stage :chickendance:

And they defeat a team that took out Legia. :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Sheriff Tiraspol from the unrecognised breakaway Republic of Transnistria make the Champions League group stage :chickendance:

And they defeat a team that took out Legia. :laughing guy:

Dinamo Zagreb were Spurs boogeymen in the Europa last season, overturning our 2-0 home lead... so I too welcome our new Transnistrian overlords :cheers: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Agreed.

78 all out, that's gotta be a record.

Bearing in mind this is Test match number 2432; only twice before has a team been all out and the other side has surpassed their score with no wickets lost on Day One :cool:

Bearing in mind this is Test match number 2432; only twice before has a team been all out and the other side has surpassed their score with no wickets lost on Day One :cool:

It's odd that I know what all of these words mean individually, but put together like that, it's a mush, like Dr. Seuss or Mr. Lear!

• Like 1

It's odd that I know what all of these words mean individually, but put together like that, it's a mush, like Dr. Seuss or Mr. Lear!

I understand perfectly. I stumbled onto the wrong "football" thread once and I don`t think I`ve really been the same since :eh:

It was a niche fact that I stated. I could just as easily have written "England lead", but we don`t want Cricket to become to welcoming to outsiders now, do we.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Ronaldo on his way to Man City. :o

No doubt "It`s a dream come true". Despite that fact that he joined Man Utd around the time City were in the third tier and battling past Gillingham in the League One play-off final :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Liverpool given group of death in Champions League.

Gehenna...I mean Atletico away is always tough :fury: but you`ll be fine. Milan are giving you six points ;)

Is Sun & Moon listening? :ph34r: I`d say Utd have their customary easy-ish group. One of the teams in their group doesn`t even have adult males! :16ton:

An ageing egomaniac in need of an audience to fawn at his feet as he enters the last knockings of his career?

I knew I liked you for a reason, Simon. :fistbump:

This could restore my football mojo ...... Another hateful fecker in a Utd shirt to shout abuse at!!! ... Lovin' it already!
  • Like 3

• The topic was unpinned