The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Hmmm... Tottenham looked "coached" and "motivated". What`s changed... :wub: instead of :bitchslap: maybe?

It's a fine line between carrot and stick. Carrot would work on me, but that's just me.
  • Like 1

Hmmm... Tottenham looked "coached" and "motivated". What`s changed... :wub: instead of :bitchslap: maybe?

It's a fine line between carrot and stick. Carrot would work on me, but that's just me.

I`d be pretty ambivalent if offered carrots. A lemon cake or raspberry sorbet and I`d give 100%. If there was any stick I`d cry until they got me one of my preferred desserts.
  • Like 1

I`d be pretty ambivalent if offered carrots. A lemon cake or raspberry sorbet and I`d give 100%. If there was any stick I`d cry until they got me one of my preferred desserts.

Another possibility: last place Brann Bergen 3 Sandefjord 2, after a stadium orgy involving 12 players and seven women.
  • Like 1

Another possibility: last place Brann Bergen 3 Sandefjord 2, after a stadium orgy involving 12 players and seven women.

Do you think they`ve got the ratio of women to players right? And I like that one guy who wasn`t in the starting XI wanted some of the off-field action. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Do you think they`ve got the ratio of women to players right? And I like that one guy who wasn`t in the starting XI wanted some of the off-field action.

The ratio may be even worse. One of the girls is alleging rape. The 12th man could've been the second goalkeeper coming in only in case of a penalty shootout.
  • Like 1

Thank you, Nova Carmina! It's good to have a fresh thread for the new season. I discovered this new topic late and posted once on the old one.
  • Like 1

Silly Jurgen :bitchslap: Saying that the slightly gentler touch from referees/VAR is taking the game "back ten or fifteen years". I didn`t watch much of the Liverpool v. Burnley game once Burnley fell behind, but it seemed a better spectacle in terms of tackles/duels and a lot less antiseptic than the last two seasons have been (with VAR but without fans). A bit of snap and thunder makes for more fun. It isn`t like the non-contact version meant Liverpool avoided injuries, did it?

Also, Serie A is on one of my TV subscriptions this year, so I`ll get to not watch Mourinho in a different league :fuckinputer:

• Like 2

Silly Jurgen :bitchslap: Saying that the slightly gentler touch from referees/VAR is taking the game "back ten or fifteen years". I didn`t watch much of the Liverpool v. Burnley game once Burnley fell behind, but it seemed a better spectacle in terms of tackles/duels and a lot less antiseptic than the last two seasons have been (with VAR but without fans). A bit of snap and thunder makes for more fun. It isn`t like the non-contact version meant Liverpool avoided injuries, did it?

Also, Serie A is on one of my TV subscriptions this year, so I`ll get to not watch Mourinho in a different league :fuckinputer:

I didn't hear/see those comments, but it's annoying he's said that; LFC have some players capable of an "agricultural" tackle or two, and it would be nice if we could face some teams (ahem, like Burnley!) on those terms. I'll have to differ with Jurgen on this one, but he's still welcome to my bourbon.

• Like 1

I didn't hear/see those comments, but it's annoying he's said that; LFC have some players capable of an "agricultural" tackle or two, and it would be nice if we could face some teams (ahem, like Burnley!) on those terms. I'll have to differ with Jurgen on this one, but he's still welcome to my bourbon.

We all

We know why he`s got this view of the game now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDBVm2frtIY

Edited by IbanezJem

We'll soon change your mind about that...when players begin getting injured and PL teams start losing in Europe. :fury:

I can't see me posting much here this season.

I don't seem to have any enthusiasm for the game at the moment - I just don't know why.

Perhaps as the season progresses my mojo for the game will return - it's totally lost at present!

Edited by zepphead

I don't seem to have any enthusiasm for the game at the moment - I just don't know why.

Perhaps as the season progresses my mojo for the game will return - it's totally lost at present!

What gives? Not enough flashy new signings? Too bummed by Manchester City's inevitability? Dismayed by the antics of French fans?

I'm feeling a bit full at the moment -- it feels like the Euros just ended, and I wasn't "missing" soccer yet, but here it is.

• Like 1

What gives? Not enough flashy new signings? Too bummed by Manchester City's inevitability? Dismayed by the antics of French fans?

I'm feeling a bit full at the moment -- it feels like the Euros just ended, and I wasn't "missing" soccer yet, but here it is.

Not sure what is causing my lack of enthusiasm ... I really enjoyed the Euros and watched almost every game. But now

its back to the mega rich exploiting their spending powers at the expense of the poorer clubs. Perhaps in a week or so my mojo will return!

• Like 2

I have had seasons like that. Football and Cricket, I`ve felt nothing for sometimes, then I go back to them. I think it`s perfectly normal to wax and wain with enthusiasm for sports, dip in and out (unless you are a professional player :smash:) That`s the good thing about having so many other things to enjoy in life :yes:
  • Like 2

I have had seasons like that. Football and Cricket, I`ve felt nothing for sometimes, then I go back to them. I think it`s perfectly normal to wax and wain with enthusiasm for sports, dip in and out (unless you are a professional player :smash:) That`s the good thing about having so many other things to enjoy in life :yes:

Bollocks. If you genuinely support a team you stick with it through thick and thin. Unless you are an Arsenal fan…

• Like 2

Bollocks. If you genuinely support a team you stick with it through thick and thin. Unless you are an Arsenal fan…

I'll never ever stop supporting Liverpool, it's the game in general I am lukewarm with at the moment.
  • Like 1

It`s not about whether they are doing well or not, it`s about sometimes feeling like doing other stuff :huh:
  • Like 1

It`s not about whether they are doing well or not, it`s about sometimes feeling like doing other stuff :huh:

To be honest, at the moment I get a much bigger kick from watching the horse racing.

To be honest, at the moment I get a much bigger kick from watching the horse racing.

Yeah, I`ve noticed that from your posts. I would watch Test Cricket over football, even though England are really bang average right now, but sometimes I`ll mow the lawn instead of that. Just a bit satiated with all the sport coverage maybe, and I love where I live so feel more like being outside.
  • Like 2

Yeah, I`ve noticed that from your posts. I would watch Test Cricket over football, even though England are really bang average right now, but sometimes I`ll mow the lawn instead of that. Just a bit satiated with all the sport coverage maybe, and I love where I live so feel more like being outside.

Are you settling in nicely to your new surroundings then?
  • Like 1

Are you settling in nicely to your new surroundings then?

Even more than I expected, thanks. I love it. Far more at home here than I ever was in the village I`d lived in for 42 years :D
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned