The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Well, it was about this time last year I started a new thread, so I thought I would presume to do the honors again, and with the PL ready to kick off tomorrow, it seemed like the time.

(With all due respect to the Ekstraklasa, of course).

So, predictions? Thoughts? Will Harry Kane wind up on Man City's bench? Will Liverpool regret lose Wijnaldum, or really regret losing him?

Man City (boring!)

LFC

Man Utd

Leicester City (this is the year they manage to hold on!)

Chelski

Arseanal

Leeds

West Ham

Spurs

Southampton

Wolves

Everton

Aston Villa

Burnley

BHA

Watford

Newcastle

Norwich City

Crystal Palace

Brentford

• Like 1

Was scoping out footballforums.net trying to get a finger on the Harry Kane situation. Nothing specific in the transfers section. The lot on the Hotspurs thread act as though he's already gone. A bit confusing.

I`d sell Harry at his age and the potential to add three very strong players to the first team - defence, creative midfield and attack. We could shift some squad deadwood too and make a net gain for the window with a better team, with the coffers getting properly replenished from now on with fans and events will be allowed at the new stadium. Which was sort of the plan with the £1.2b cost of it :oops:

I`ll come up with my table predictions post-haste.

• Like 1

Well, it was about this time last year I started a new thread, so I thought I would presume to do the honors again, and with the PL ready to kick off tomorrow, it seemed like the time.

(With all due respect to the Ekstraklasa, of course).

So, predictions? Thoughts? Will Harry Kane wind up on Man City's bench? Will Liverpool regret lose Wijnaldum, or really regret losing him?

Man City (boring!)

LFC

Man Utd

Leicester City (this is the year they manage to hold on!)

Chelski

Arseanal

Leeds

West Ham

Spurs

Southampton

Wolves

Everton

Aston Villa

Burnley

BHA

Watford

Newcastle

Norwich City

Crystal Palace

Brentford

Sadly the spending power of Man City will be nigh on impossible to stop again this year.

I think United and Chelsea will have good seasons, but I do worry about Liverpool this season.

Edited by zepphead

Blackhawkrush has nagged me into posting my predictive table in the so-called "correct season" thread -

City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man Utd

Spurs

Leicester

Leeds

Arsenal

Villa

Everton

West Ham

Brighton

Burnley

Norwich

Brentford

Newcastle

Brighton

Palace

Watford

Southampton

• Like 1

Blackhawkrush has nagged me into posting my predictive table in the so-called "correct season" thread -

City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man Utd

Spurs

Leicester

Leeds

Arsenal

Villa

Everton

West Ham

Brighton

Burnley

Norwich

Brentford

Newcastle

Brighton

Palace

Watford

Southampton

I thought to you did that so well, Mr. Simon. :wub: Could I have your autograph?
  • Like 1

City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man Utd

Spurs

Leicester

Leeds

Arsenal

Villa

Everton

West Ham

Brighton

Burnley

Norwich

Brentford

Newcastle

Brighton

Palace

Watford

Southampton

I thought to you did that so well, Mr. Simon. :wub: Could I have your autograph?

That`ll be €150m, or after 6pm a snifter of Vintage Port.

Stal 2 Wisla 1 :banghead: New thread, same away from home blues. :sigh:

Don`t be downhearted. Take solace in Brentford 2-0 Arsenal :yes:

I can't even take solace in Lewandowski scoring.

I shall enjoy it for both of us ;)
  • Like 1

I shall enjoy it for both of us ;)

You have them out of relegation, so it's definitely a good start for Brentford and you. :) Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

A little late for this, but it's on. Entertaining early evening with Brentford v Arsenal yesterday, and with Rocky's penchant for getting me up early, Man U v Leeds this morning. Get in! Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Yeah, so not so great for Leeds. Sophomore album slump?

:no: I think this is just the kinda thing that sometimes happens, when a side still with half its promotion XI plays against the most expensive squad in history + a full Old Trafford with returning fans etc. Nothing to worry about with Leeds :finbar:
  • Like 1

Just realised that I meant to put Wolves in 17th place in my table, not Brighton to finish 12th and 17th. Although frankly, both are among those teams that really nobody remembers are even part of the league, right? :zzz:

Lechia 3 Cracovia 0 :moon: This team has no scoring threat after Van Amersfoort was moved to midfield from his forward position.

Wait till you see what Spurs have got up their sleeve tomorrow :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Lechia 3 Cracovia 0 :moon: This team has no scoring threat after Van Amersfoort was moved to midfield from his forward position.

I'd be willing to trade. :drool:
  • Like 1

Happily trade fixtures. Not players :cheers:

Liverpool not quite top of the table -- thank you very much for rolling over for a tummy tickle from ManUre rather than playing them like you did us last year, Leeds Utd -- but everything pretty much went to form, I think, bar the delightful Bees and maybe Everton surprised some folks.

Liverpool not quite top of the table -- thank you very much for rolling over for a tummy tickle from ManUre rather than playing them like you did us last year, Leeds Utd -- but everything pretty much went to form, I think, bar the delightful Bees and maybe Everton surprised some folks.

You`re writing your end-of-week review, but the top and bottom places are still up for grabs! City need just a simple 5-0 win and then they`ll be top, and we`ll be bottom. Crazy? Defeatist? Well, we are always horrible at the Etihad, whilst doing okay at home, but this season... 0-3 is almost a good result :scared: Edited by IbanezJem

Happily trade fixtures. Not players :cheers:

Oh, you're no fun anymore. :(
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned