The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

I was curious about how I would react to the Bengals being in the Super Bowl again. I grew up within walking distance of the Bengals and Reds at Riverfront Stadium.

I worshipped them ever since they began in 1968, when I was 7. I moved to Wisconsin in '84, when I was 22, and gradually turned into a full Packer fan and Wisconsinite.

The Bengals' Super Bowl loss in 1981 hurt pretty bad. The Super Bowl loss in 1988 was worse. I drove down there and surprised everyone. It was a LONG drive home.

I turned fully to the Packers around 1990. After six years, my assimilation into Wisconsin culture was complete, but I still hoped that the Bengals would win it all some day.

Today's loss made me sad, but it definitely did not hurt as much as the Packers' losses over the years. No heartbreak for me, except for what I feel for my friends and family down South. If I had driven down there to surprise them this weekend, like I had originally planned, I would have felt like a jinx! They lost the last time I drove down there....D'OH!

s-l400.jpg

How big is that muffed PAT now?

A buddy of mine put $10 on Rams 24, Bengals 20.

The Rams’ holder screwed him out of $900 bucks! :rage:

How big is that muffed PAT now?

A buddy of mine put $10 on Rams 24, Bengals 20.

The Rams’ holder screwed him out of $900 bucks! :rage:

Dang!

My buddy put $20 on the Rams to win the Super Bowl back in August, so he's happy tonight. He's a big Rams fan, so last week he hedged it with a small bet on the Bengals to win, just so he could enjoy the game.

• Like 1

A mostly boring three hour affair that became a legit nail biter.

I expect this Burrow guy has a future.

Good for Stafford, I thought he was still in the 313.

Good for Stafford, I thought he was still in the 313.

Stafford is the same Stafford of the past 12 years. Pressure him, and he will give you the ball. Don’t pressure him, and he can beat you. He proved it today.

If there's any proof that the Lions are the worst professional franchise, today caps it.

Stafford - ex Lion

Ashaun Robinson - ex Lion

Aaron donald - could and should have been a Lion (instead they drafted Eric Ebust just ahead of him).

Beckham - could have been a Lion (drafted right after Donald).

Kyle Van Noy - high Lions draft pick who they gave away to New England and they won a SB the same year.

Good for Stafford. Flawed at times, but no one can give him shit now for not being a winner. That last drive was either gonna be a TD or a Stafford pick.

Would not be surprised if Stafford retires. Has had back problems. Great wife and family, made lots of money, going out a winner...what else is there to prove?

• Like 1

Good for Stafford. Flawed at times, but no one can give him shit now for not being a winner. That last drive was either gonna be a TD or a Stafford pick.

Would not be surprised if Stafford retires. Has had back problems. Great wife and family, made lots of money, going out a winner...what else is there to prove?

He may have nothing to prove now, but he may keep playing just for the fun of it. Many of these guys really do love to play football. The money ain’t so bad, either.

0da222c03d45d194c03a7dc7db8958d2d5452d90322a085a60648e02cf6baff2.jpg?w=600&h=531

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

Nothing personal Cincy, but speaking as a Buffalo native in Minnesota, you can feel 3/8ths of my pain now.

:clap:

:goodone:

I also grew up in SLC and was a huge Jazz fan... so I got that goin' for me... which is nice. NOT.

If there's any proof that the Lions are the worst professional franchise, today caps it.

Stafford - ex Lion

Ashaun Robinson - ex Lion

Aaron donald - could and should have been a Lion (instead they drafted Eric Ebust just ahead of him).

Beckham - could have been a Lion (drafted right after Donald).

Kyle Van Noy - high Lions draft pick who they gave away to New England and they won a SB the same year.

The Assassination Day Disaster strikes again!
  • Like 1

Nothing personal Cincy, but speaking as a Buffalo native in Minnesota, you can feel 3/8ths of my pain now.

:clap:

:goodone:

I also grew up in SLC and was a huge Jazz fan... so I got that goin' for me... which is nice. NOT.

And I forgot the Sabres! That makes me 0-12 in cities I have lived in for combined NFL, NBA, and NHL flops in the final game. 12 choke jobs and 0 victories... Who can beat this? Anyone? Bueller?