The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

Sun-Sentinel, via reporter Dave Hyde and Dolphins beat reporter Omar Kelly, both filing articles on the distinct possibility that Jim Hairball could be the next Dolphins coach.

:facepalm: Please God, no :facepalm: .

I hear the Vikings are taking care of that for you.

They're trying. Allegedly Hairball wants a deal of $100 million for 10 years, and Da Bears already said "thanks but no thanks". OTOH, Steve Ross might have other fish to fry with this Brian Flores "tank for Tua" and discrimination lawsuit.
  • Like 1

Sun-Sentinel, via reporter Dave Hyde and Dolphins beat reporter Omar Kelly, both filing articles on the distinct possibility that Jim Hairball could be the next Dolphins coach.

They're trying. Allegedly Hairball wants a deal of $100 million for 10 years, and Da Bears already said "thanks but no thanks". OTOH, Steve Ross might have other fish to fry with this Brian Flores "tank for Tua" and discrimination lawsuit.

It was actually Joe Burrow if we're splitting hairs...

No further thoughts on "Commanders" now that it's official? Crap name.

And the fun begins!

https://www.si.com/e...ickname-commies

"Commies", lol

aka " the Squad"?

• Like 1

No, the word on the street here in Minny right now is that Hairball is going back to Michigan. His visit here was all a ploy to get some leverage, it seems.

No, the word on the street here in Minny right now is that Hairball is going back to Michigan. His visit here was all a ploy to get some leverage, it seems.

Schefter just reported he's going back.

When Schefter says it’s true, you know it’s true.

When Schefter says it’s true, you know it’s true.

"Multiple reports" (MLive, Detroit Free Press, etc.) now say Hairball staying at U-M, was never offered Vikings job. Move along, nothing to see here.

Sun-Sentinel made the Brian Flores lawsuit against the NFL front page news today. Dave Hyde exhorting Steve Ross to sell the team, and have it managed by someone like Brady or Peyton Manning. :|
  • Like 1

NFL should spice things up and realign the divisions. Create closer rivalries and fill the stadiums easier. Blame this on cabin fever and too much Idle time being off work the last 2 days. This will probably never happen, with all the stupid owner politics, but it's a fun exercise. Try out your list. I tried grouping the teams together as close as regionally possible. Exception being the 2 new york teams. Sort of abandoned some of the old AFC / NFC alignments. Moving things around, Carolina always ended up stumping me. Never thought Dallas should be in an East division.

NFL realignment

buffalo

new england

baltimore

jets

cincy

cleveland

indy

tennessee

new orleans

carolina

dallas

houston

denver

arizona

kc

las vegas

washington

giants

pittsburgh

philly

green bay

minny

chicago

detroit

tampa

jacksonville

miami

atlanta

la rams

san fran

seattle

la chargers

• Like 2

Today's fun NFL fact................Tom Brady has more playoff wins WITH TAMPA BAY (5) than the Dallas Cowboys have as a team in the LAST 25 YEARS (3).

:ebert:

NFL should spice things up and realign the divisions. Create closer rivalries and fill the stadiums easier. Blame this on cabin fever and too much Idle time being off work the last 2 days. This will probably never happen, with all the stupid owner politics, but it's a fun exercise. Try out your list. I tried grouping the teams together as close as regionally possible. Exception being the 2 new york teams. Sort of abandoned some of the old AFC / NFC alignments. Moving things around, Carolina always ended up stumping me. Never thought Dallas should be in an East division.

NFL realignment

buffalo

new england

baltimore

jets

cincy

cleveland

indy

tennessee

new orleans

carolina

dallas

houston

denver

arizona

kc

las vegas

washington

giants

pittsburgh

philly

green bay

minny

chicago

detroit

tampa

jacksonville

miami

atlanta

la rams

san fran

seattle

la chargers

Dallas still gets the annual easy path to the playoffs, lol
  • Like 1

NFL realignment

buffalo

new england

baltimore

jets

cincy

cleveland

indy

tennessee

new orleans

carolina

dallas

houston

denver

arizona

kc

las vegas

washington

giants

pittsburgh

philly

green bay

minny

chicago

detroit

tampa

jacksonville

miami

atlanta

la rams

san fran

seattle

la chargers

...and Detroit wouldn't make the playoffs if they were in the same division as the 3 other weakest teams. I didn't bother with the NFC north because regionally it's already dialed in and there would be no hope for Detroit anyway.
  • Like 1

washington

giants

pittsburgh

philly

talk about potential to stink on ice.... lol

nfl east... .500 wins the division....same as it ever was.

can only do so much with mediocrity. but being a car ride away the fights in the stands would be epic.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

washington

giants

pittsburgh

philly

talk about potential to stink on ice.... lol

nfl east... .500 wins the division....same as it ever was.

can only do so much with mediocrity. but being a car ride away the fights in the stands would be epic.

mediocrity is a compliment!

• Like 1

NFL realignment

buffalo

new england

baltimore

jets

cincy

cleveland

indy

tennessee

new orleans

carolina

dallas

houston

denver

arizona

kc

las vegas

washington

giants

pittsburgh

philly

green bay

minny

chicago

detroit

tampa

jacksonville

miami

atlanta

la rams

san fran

seattle

la chargers

Where they would very likely lose in the first round as per usual (in the years when they actually do make the playoffs).

• Like 1

Keep the damned divisions as they are now. The current alignment is the best thing the NFL has done in the past 40 years.
  • Like 1