The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

Will the Packers break my heart again? :o :huh: :facepalm:

Same as it ever was.....

93e51bc6f90efba5d3a2aae9d8a2dcc3.gif

• Like 4

That game was one big lol-fest. I only saw the last two minutes, but am watching the highlights now. Hilarious that GB marched quickly to a TD like they were going to dominate. Also, pure Garapa-lol!

4th and 1 and the Niners get stuffed, but then the blocked punt with 4:45. :lol:

Roger's nearly throws a pick, then gives it up on downs (MVP! MVP!). Niners refuse to let Garapolo throw, and grind it to a winning field goal.

Priceless.

• Like 1

That game was one big lol-fest. I only saw the last two minutes, but am watching the highlights now. Hilarious that GB marched quickly to a TD like they were going to dominate. Also, pure Garapa-lol!

4th and 1 and the Niners get stuffed, but then the blocked punt with 4:45. :lol:

Roger's nearly throws a pick, then gives it up on downs (MVP! MVP!). Niners refuse to let Garapolo throw, and grind it to a winning field goal.

Priceless.

Garapolo is a multi-interception game waiting to happen. He had one pick in this game but almost had 4-5.

Priceless.

Garapolo is a multi-interception game waiting to happen. He had one pick in this game but almost had 4-5.

11/19 for 131 yds. :laughing guy:

The Packers have now entered The Void. They really have no idea of what the future holds. In past years, they didn't have to worry about this.

Is the Rodgers Era over, or will he stay and sign a new deal? If Rodgers leaves, then Davante Adams will probably leave....or maybe not, if they pay him enough.

Will the team go into total rebuild mode, dump salaries and start all over?

Will the team decide that Matt LaFleur is no longer the coach they want? Will he be here next year?

Lots of Packer fans now believe that it's all over. 30 years of being a playoff/Super Bowl contender are all done. We shall see.....

Hey, Rodgers is a perfect 0-4 against San Fran in playoff games.

But as @goose put it, that game was pure GarapoIol, good one, m8.

I have a mind to call up my numerous Packer fan friends, well worth the multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for my "Rodgets lost? In Lambeau cold and snow? F**k that beyotch!" taunts.

• Like 1

I have a mind to call up my numerous Packer fan friends, well worth the multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for my "Rodgers lost? In Lambeau cold and snow? F**k that beyotch!" taunts.

THIS Packer fan would love to taunt the entire team for its hubris.

Oh, you have the home field? Great! You have all your fans there? Wonderful! Sacred Lambeau Field! Fantastic!!

TRY WINNING THE DAMN GAME. PLAY BETTER THAN THE OTHER TEAM....FOR ONCE! YA BUNCH OF PRETENDERS.....

• Like 2

The Packers have now entered The Void. They really have no idea of what the future holds. In past years, they didn't have to worry about this.

Is the Rodgers Era over, or will he stay and sign a new deal? If Rodgers leaves, then Davante Adams will probably leave....or maybe not, if they pay him enough.

Will the team decide that Matt LaFleur is no longer the coach they want? Will he be here next year?

Lots of Packer fans now believe that it's all over. 30 years of being a playoff/Super Bowl contender are all done. We shall see.....

Look I was rooting for the Pack and as mentioned I was a huge fan in the 60s (before there was a Seahawks) and still have a soft spot for them so no shit being thrown your way here. That said, do you have ANY idea how fortunate you have been to have 3 HOF QBs in the last 60 years and 2 of them playing the position back to back? I used to dream about what it would be like to have a true franchise level/HOF QB on the Seahawks and now we finally have one and Pete Carroll is driving him out of town due to ego, lack of accountability since Paul Allen died ("absolute power corrupts absolutely") and stubbornly clinging to a 1980s approach to offense.

By the way, I think Rodgers stays myself. Think LeFleur can build some actual Special Teams for next season?

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

I have a mind to call up my numerous Packer fan friends, well worth the multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for my "Rodgers lost? In Lambeau cold and snow? F**k that beyotch!" taunts.

Oh, you have the home field? Great! You have all your fans there? Wonderful! Sacred Lambeau Field! Fantastic!!

TRY WINNING THE DAMN GAME. PLAY BETTER THAN THE OTHER TEAM....FOR ONCE! YA BUNCH OF PRETENDERS.....

I think this is tortuous far more than being a team who just never has the gas to get there. Potential. And I mean.. the GB gods, snow and win and the tundra and Lambeau.... and ... wow.

• Like 1

Look I was rooting for the Pack and as mentioned I was a huge fan in the 60s (before there was a Seahawks) and still have a soft spot for them so no shit being thrown your way here. That said, do you have ANY idea how fortunate you have been to have 3 HOF QBs in the last 60 years and 2 of them playing the position back to back? I used to dream about what it would be like to have a true franchise level/HOF QB on the Seahawks and now we finally have one and Pete Carroll is driving him out of town due to ego, lack of accountability since Paul Allen died ("absolute power corrupts absolutely") and stubbornly clinging to a 1980s approach to offense.

But isn't it torture to have that much talent for that long and have so few SB wins?

• Like 1

But isn't it torture to have that much talent for that long and have so few SB wins?

Yes. It's not easy winning the damned thing unless you're Brady and have many things break your way as well as being very talented. None the less, imo both Rodgers and Favre should have at least one more. So should Seattle and would have if they would have just handed the fukking ball to Marshawn.

• Like 1

Yes. It's not easy winning the damned thing unless you're Brady and have many things break your way as well as being very talented. None the less, imo both Rodgers and Favre should have at least one more. So should Seattle and would have if they would have just handed the fukking ball to Marshawn.

For sure.

I think this is tortuous far more than being a team who just never has the gas to get there. Potential. And I mean.. the GB gods, snow and win and the tundra and Lambeau.... and ... wow.

I think there are two distinct species of torture.

1. A team that rarely or never gets to the playoffs experiences a unique type of misery. A "Culture of losing", as people have often described it.

2. A perennial playoff team that always gets real close to the Super Bowl and ends up heartbroken. Fans claim, "THIS is The Year!"....and are let down again.

Each type of team and its fan base have different mentalities and therefore different reactions to losing. I've experienced both, first as a Bengal fan and then as a Packer fan.

• Like 2

That said, do you have ANY idea how fortunate you have been to have 3 HOF QBs in the last 60 years and 2 of them playing the position back to back?

Every Packer fan I know is well aware of this. We're also aware that the 30-year Favre/Rodgers era is quickly coming to an end. We older fans are (hopefully) prepared to see the team lose lots of games after Rodgers leaves. Like any other team, we hope and pray that another great quarterback will be found soon.

How can they not have solved their special teams problems by now? That has to be answered. A pre-game article:

"The Packers are somehow worse than the 49ers on special teams"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2022/1/21/22894248/5-questions-with-acme-packing-co-the-packers-are-somehow-worse-than-the-49ers-on-special-teams

It focuses mainly on kickoff returns, but highlights the notion that special teams play is an ongoing problem. Or was, lol.

Edited by goose

It's not easy winning the damned thing unless you're Brady and have many things break your way as well as being very talented.

Brady's TEAMS backed him up. In every one of his Super Bowl wins, his teammates did their jobs well enough to win. Even in the games that they "should have lost", his teammates did just enough to win. The comeback win against Atlanta was the quintessential team win. Offense, defense and special teams played perfect football in the 4th quarter.

Rodgers's teammates have not done their jobs well enough. One year, it's the run defense. This year, it was special teams and offensive line. Wins and losses are always team efforts.

• Like 1

How can they not have solved their special teams problems by now? That has to be answered.

There is no answer at this time. They fired the S/T coach, brought in a new one, and the results are the same. They've gone thru several coaches over the past few years, and nothing changes.

Now Rahhhgaas has more time to do his own research.

Would love to see an Allstate commerical with the Mayhem guy dressed as Garapollo. I'm Jimmy G...despite being an inferior QB you cant beat me...

The rest writes itself.

• Like 1

Now Rahhhgaas has more time to do his own research.

Would love to see an Allstate commerical with the Mayhem guy dressed as Garapollo. I'm Jimmy G...despite being an inferior QB you cant beat me...

The rest writes itself.

:lol: