The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

Chargers’ head coach had better do some soul searching after sabotaging his team’s chances of winning a massively important game.

Kick some field goals, ya dope!

4 times inside the 5 yard line and scored 7 points? wth

Analytics?

What I know is that points are hard to get in the NFL. Take them when you can get them. Kick the field goal.

Maybe going for it the first time was not a horrible idea, but after that, you take points. With each failed attempt, he dug the hole deeper. Just ONE field goal would have been a huge factor in the end of the game.

Analytics are a farce, IMO. All the statistical probabilities don’t mean squat compared to real time decision making. How is your team playing right now? Are they on a roll? Is the other team tired and/or struggling? Is your team tired? Has your short yardage offense been succeeding?

Points matter. Make a team beat you.

Of course, this is the same coach that gave up an OT game winning TD to Travis Kelce.

Lol.

Chargers’ head coach had better do some soul searching after sabotaging his team’s chances of winning a massively important game.

Analytics?

What I know is that points are hard to get in the NFL. Take them when you can get them. Kick the field goal.

Maybe going for it the first time was not a horrible idea, but after that, you take points. With each failed attempt, he dug the hole deeper. Just ONE field goal would have been a huge factor in the end of the game.

Analytics are a farce, IMO. All the statistical probabilities don’t mean squat compared to real time decision making. How is your team playing right now? Are they on a roll? Is the other team tired and/or struggling? Is your team tired? Has your short yardage offense been succeeding?

Of course, this is the same coach that gave up an OT game winning TD to Travis Kelce.

Lol.

“I don't think any decision we made tonight, I made tonight, was a gamble. We felt like it was an advantage-situation for us and that’s why we did it. If we didn’t feel like that was the case, we would have kicked the field goal. That is how we are going to do things around here....and I know our team embraces that mindset and we are going to continue to do it in every game going forward.”

-- Chargers Head Coach Brandon Staley

Urban Meyer, it was nice of you to stop by for a cup of coffee down in Jacksonville.

Buh bye .... :hi:

Is there an MMA league for older guys, because I think he could get rid of some of that anger? Or just stay retired altogether.

Bwahaha, even retired MMA fighters would rip him a new one. I'm having fevered flashbacks of former UFC middleweight champ Anderson Sliva doing Meyer like he did Vitor Belfort-a front kick to the face, followed by grounding and pounding him into a referee stoppage and TKO. Edited by pjbear05

Chiefs say hi!

Thank the Maker for defense and Travis Kelce.

Hebert. :notworthy:

Even in his post GWTD celebration, imho Kelcie had a look on his face that said, "OMG, did we just win"?

Great call, hell of a play.

Analytics?

Lol.

“I don't think any decision we made tonight, I made tonight, was a gamble. We felt like it was an advantage-situation for us and that’s why we did it. If we didn’t feel like that was the case, we would have kicked the field goal. That is how we are going to do things around here....and I know our team embraces that mindset and we are going to continue to do it in every game going forward.”

-- Chargers Head Coach Brandon Staley

I hope that will be the case, lol.

At the half, it's Lions 17, Cardinals 0.

Betting on a Lions 4th quarter collapse is now even money....

Packers 31

Ravens 30

My Blood Pressure (160)

This team is KILLING ME.... :eh: :rage: :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

Waah, poor widdle Tommy got pushed to the gwound and his football snatched out of the sky by the big bad Saints. The big bully Saints couldn't score a touchdown, but they beat up poor widdle Tommy. And they pushed into the grass in his own back yard. :dweez: :laughing guy: :moon: :notworthy: . Don't know what was better, widdle Tommy getting beat up or the Lions bitch slapping Arizona.
  • Like 1

Packers 31

Ravens 30

My Blood Pressure (160)

I was kind of half paying attention to this game. Why not take the convert and go for over-time? I get the gamble for the win, but.....

Packers 31

Ravens 30

My Blood Pressure (160)

I was kind of half paying attention to this game. Why not take the convert and go for over-time? I get the gamble for the win, but.....

It's pure John Harbaugh and his "unorthodox" game management strategy. Going for it on 4th down (no matter where you are on the field), going for 2 point conversions. His team has the most failed 4th down attempts in the League with SIX.

He basically said after the game that he saw his chances of winning the game in OT were not good.

1st drive of the game: 4th and goal from the Packers' 3. He went for it and failed.

Early 4th quarter: 4th & 6 from his own 29 yard line. He went for it and failed. The Packers took the ball and should have gotten a TD. They kicked a FG.

4th quarter, 42 seconds left: Down by ONE, he went for 2 points and failed. Packers win.

Harbaugh, Staley....these coaches are out-coaching themselves. Even funnier is that Packer Head Coach Matt La Fleur said that he would have also gone for 2 points.

• Like 1

Packers 31

Ravens 30

My Blood Pressure (160)

The time to go for 2 was after the touchdown to make it 31-23. If XP kicks are assumed to be converted at 98%, the breakeven 2 point conversion rate is about 37% to make it pay off.

• Like 1

Packers 31

Ravens 30

My Blood Pressure (160)

The time to go for 2 was after the touchdown to make it 31-23.

Yep.
  • Like 1

Highly unlikely that da Bears will keep Coach Nagy after his team played some of the most undisciplined football ever.

The win was there for the taking, but the players insisted on sabotaging themselves with personal fouls, trash talking and other dumb penalties. Even Nagy got flagged. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

• Like 1

Well, this week in the NFL was easy on the folks responsible for the 2021-22 highlight reel. Eesh, there was some bad football.

Even the thrilling Chiefs-Chargers game was full of :facepalm:

Well, this week in the NFL was easy on the folks responsible for the 2021-22 highlight reel. Eesh, there was some bad football.

Even the thrilling Chiefs-Chargers game was full of :facepalm:

That's partially because so many players got the Ermahgerd variant.

Truly a national emergency.
  • Like 1

Non pass interference call costs Seattle a chance at victory.

Was that on the final play? I saw the pass but not the replay.

I thought it was a weird play call. Hadn't Seattle just gotten a first down?

Non pass interference call costs Seattle a chance at victory.

Was that on the final play? I saw the pass but not the replay.

I thought it was a weird play call. Hadn't Seattle just gotten a first down?

Just watched a replay. The receiver was indeed pushed out of position. Why no call?

And I was right. It was first and ten. Very strange all around.