RPG: Who's Next vs. Abbey Road

choose one  

32 members have voted

1. 1. album

• The Who - Who's Next
    • The Beatles - Abbey Road
  2. 2. band

3. 3. all time great songwriter

For all the random matchups this this spits out, it seems to be making some sense today.

Two certified rock and roll legends from the original British Invasion, both getting a little proggy but nothing too overblown, and both at the peaks of their powers. Which do you choose?

Gosh! Trickier than I expected.

Normally The Beatles would sweep the board for me .... however Who's Next is my favourite Who album and Abbey Road is not my favourite Beatles album.

So, 2-1 to The Beatles with The Who winning best album.

Straight ticket Beatles and I can hardly believe it. I love The Who and think they're constantly counted out too soon... but my favorite Beatles album? Maybe Quadrophenia could beat it, but not Who's Next.

The beatles for a sweep.

now i've grown to really appreciate the Who.......but this really comes down to who (lol) is ingrained in me more.

my steady musical diet was the Beatles.

I played Abbey Road like 5 times in a row just the first day i received it, lol

Mick

• Like 3

3-2-1 with McCartney is an excellent deeper dive into some of the finer details of select songs and parts of the Beatles journey. Most of it I didn't know prior, although a fan I wouldn't say rabid so not sure how much was rehashed. But for any fan of rock music I would say it's a must watch. As a result of this series I have an even higher degree of respect for Sir Paul, as a fellow fan of music but even more as an exceptional artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAkqy5QntGQ

Edited by stoopid

Picked Abbey Road, and McCartney as superior songwriter- but The Who as the better band. Just to be a contrarian.

But I do have my reasons.

A sweep by the Who.

The Beatles are great and extremely important. But just for personal taste the Who are better.

Who's Next is one of rock's greatest albums.

But it's not a Beatles album.

Octopus' Garden and Silver Hammer are glaring weak tracks. Who's Next has highs that equal or surpass Abbey Road, and none of the throw away nonsense.
  • Like 1

Octopus' Garden and Silver Hammer are glaring weak tracks. Who's Next has highs that equal or surpass Abbey Road, and none of the throw away nonsense.

Nothing on Who’s Next surpasses anything on side 2. Or Come Together, Something or Oh! Darling. The Who just aren’t up to that admittedly impossible task.

• Like 1

Nothing on Who’s Next surpasses anything on side 2. Or Come Together, Something or Oh! Darling. The Who just aren’t up to that admittedly impossible task.

Baba O'Reilly, Bargain, and Won't Get Fooled Again all do the impossible, it seems.

Side 2 and Come Together are genius. Oh Darling is mostly nonsense.

• Like 2

Baba O'Reilly, Bargain, and Won't Get Fooled Again all do the impossible, it seems.

Side 2 and Come Together are genius. Oh Darling is mostly nonsense.

Baba O'Riley is in the running for most overrated songs of all time IMO.

It's not The Who's fault here. Asking Daltrey to outperform John, Paul and George is like asking me to strike out Mike Trout.

• Like 1