Dusty Hill, RIP

JohnRogers

"We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX. We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the ‘Top'. We will forever be connected to that "Blues Shuffle in C.”

You will be missed greatly, amigo.

Frank & Billy

Edited by JohnRogers

Couldn't believe when I read your post. Had to Google it. OMG it's true.

A rock legend.

RIP Dusty

• Like 3

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. I like ZZ Top. He was a major contributor to ZZ Top's sound including guitarist. He will be missed, and remembered. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Joseph. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Son of a bitch. I`ve been listening to a fair bit of the Top over the last few days, everything from First Album to La Futura. This is very saddening news.

RIP Dusty. Even people that don`t know anything, they know ZZ Top.

• Like 5

Jackie Mason, Jordison and Dusty in one week and it's only Wednesday. 2021 better keep Bob Odenkirk alive after his collapsed yesterday.

RIP Dusty and say hi to fellow Texas rock legends SRV and the Paul bros from Pantera for us.

Don't forget Robert Eugene Steinhardt.

• Like 3

To my knowledge, the only band where the original members stayed together without ever breaking up (sit back down Aerosmith) for over 50 years and the only band together continuously longer than Neil, Ged and Al.

RIP Dusty.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 8

RIP

I had read about him leaving the tour because of a hip issue. I figured since he was older that he needed a replacement done. One of a kind bass player and vocalist, from a one of a kind band.

• Like 5

I just heard on the radio as I was coming home and I had to hop on here as soon as I got home. Dude was a powerhouse singer and thunderous bass player, and indeed 1/3 of what i believe was the longest running original lineup of any band. Dusty Hill... what a loss... rest in peace. I'm gonna be spinning ZZ Top tonight. Suddenly very glad I did a marathon back towards the end of last year.
  • Like 4

To my knowledge, the only band where the original members stayed together without ever breaking up (sit back down Aerosmith) for over 50 years and the only band together continuously longer than Neil, Ged and Al.

RIP Dusty.

U2 still has all their original members since the band formed in 1976.

• Like 1

RIP, Dusty! :rose: I loved his bass sound. I got to see him back in the 70's, on tour with Aerosmith; it was one of those shows to remember! What a huge loss.
  • Like 4