Battle of the debut albums: Boston or The Cars?

Texas King

Battle of the debut albums: Boston or The Cars?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of the debut albums: Boston or The Cars?

• Boston - self titled
    • The Cars - self titled

The Cars for me. I love that album
  • Like 1

Boston (the band, not the world's greatest city :D) is sort of like Angelina Jolie. I find her attractive as a relative proposition (compared to most people you pass on the street), and I can certainly see why so many people find her REALLY attractive, but I don't. The Boston debut is a great album, but I can't tell you the last time I listened to it start to finish (30 years at least).

The Cars debut is in the running for my favorite debut of all time. It's got quirky tunes (I'm in Touch with Your World), rockers (Just What I Needed) and epics (All Mixed Up). That they are ALSO from the world's greatest city just makes the decision easier.

• Like 1

Incredibly difficult, both are 10/10. Boston wins slightly because it was the only good thing on the AM radio at the time.

I like the Cars album - fun and catchy.

The Boston debut album is majestic.

Boston by some margin.

• Like 2

I listened to the Boston debut nonstop as a kid.

When my family and I visited Germany in 1990, my dad let me drive the rental car on the Autobahn. I put that tape in and blasted it, driving at about 130mph. Made my mom cry, she was so freaked out. Sorry mom. Still, it was awesome.

Damn, this is tough. I know for certain that Boston's debut is flawless, but do its highs match the pinnacle of coolness that the Cars debut hits?

Tough call.

• Like 1

The Cars for me. I love that album

Holds up very, very well.

If they were released today, I think the Cars still connects. Boston is more nostalgic.

You have convinced me.

• Like 1

Side 2 is Abbey Road-esque in its continuity and quality. Not quite there but close.

Side 2 is Abbey Road-esque in its continuity and quality. Not quite there but close.

CARS side 2? :yes:

May have favorite segues ever.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Since this is on only Boston's Boston, and the Cars' the Cars' c.ds, and albums, I'm not able to decide because I think both are equally as good.