1. 1. album

• Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow
    • REO Speedwagon - You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish
  2. 2. artist

3. 3. made up album

• J2112YYZ - The Number Of The Oceanborn Lamb Of Syrinx
    • Entre_Perpetuo - The Cydonian Rhapsody Of Rocinante
    • 1001001 - 73 says stay on topic!

Two of my favorites! I'll probably be the only one that votes for Tune A Fish, though! It's just because it holds a lot of memories for me. :) I had a fun roommate that loved REO Speedwagon and played it constantly. Lots of good times when we lived together so I picked that one, even though I love Blow by Blow as well.

Jeff Beck for artist, and EP for his own album! :ebert: :ebert:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I voted Jeff Beck in the first two, so my vote would be registered on the third poll. Also because he didn't name his album something stupid.

You should see that REO album cover!

...or maybe you shouldn't, lol.

From a technical perspective Jeff Beck should win all round.

However, over the years I have listened to REO much more often, have seen them live a bunch of times, so it is REO for me!

• Like 3

REO by miles on both.

On category 3, I don't want to listen to the Cookie Monster on lead vocals and/or 35 minute songs in 7/8 time, so I'm going with 73's album. :)

Hey, the longest song on my album could easily be only 20 minutes and in 5/4 time! :16ton:

Yeah maybe 73's album might be a bit more rock and roll than mine. :cool:

• Like 1

On category 3, I don't want to listen to the Cookie Monster on lead vocals and/or 35 minute songs in 7/8 time, so I'm going with 73's album. :)

A wise choice. It's a classic. No 35-minute songs on there, but because I'm odd, there are many odd-time signatures.

Oh yeah, I picked Beck for the first two questions.

• Like 1

REO by miles on both.

Are you saying that you think my album would have cookie monster vocals as the main vocal style?

Edited by J2112YYZ

REO by miles on both.

Are you saying that you think my album would have cookie monster vocals as the main vocal style?

Based on your album's title and something you said recently, I can't take that chance. :)

REO by miles on both.

Based on your album's title and something you said recently, I can't take that chance. :)

What did I say recently?

REO by miles on both.

What did I say recently?

Didn't you mention appreciating "growling" as a vocal style? I might be confusing you with someone else, but I thought I had read that.

REO by miles on both.

What did I say recently?

Didn't you mention appreciating "growling" as a vocal style? I might be confusing you with someone else, but I thought I had read that.

Yes, that was me. Overall I prefer clean, melodic singing in metal. If I had a metal band the vocals would definitely be that.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1