Questions on Counterparts

maxbeckmann

greetings,

i always been a huge fan of counterparts. lately, i've been listening the album over and over.

i listen to a ripped copy (@320) of the original 1993 cd. it sounds good but i'm wondering about the other remastered version of the album.

as far as i know, the album as been remastered in 2004 (i guess as part of "the rush remasters" series, and has been reissued in 2013 as part of "the studio album 1989-2007" box set.

first question : does anybody knows which version of the album (1993 or 2004) is in the box set ?

according to wikipedia, it has been reissued in 2015 "after being remastered by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios following a direct approach by Rush to remaster their entire back catalogue".

second question : is this new remastering was part of the reissue of all catalog in vinyl which come with a download link ?

counterparts also received the sacd "treatment". for many, this is best sounding version of the album. unfortunately, i cannot appreciate it since i don't own an sacd player and even not a cd player anymore.

third question : what would be the "best" sounding version of counterparts ?

i know, it's all a matter of taste. but i love that album so much, i want to improve my listening experience from my 1993 rip.

many thanks in advance.

mB

greetings,

i always been a huge fan of counterparts. lately, i've been listening the album over and over.

i listen to a ripped copy (@320) of the original 1993 cd. it sounds good but i'm wondering about the other remastered version of the album.

as far as i know, the album as been remastered in 2004 (i guess as part of "the rush remasters" series, and has been reissued in 2013 as part of "the studio album 1989-2007" box set.

first question : does anybody knows which version of the album (1993 or 2004) is in the box set ?

according to wikipedia, it has been reissued in 2015 "after being remastered by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios following a direct approach by Rush to remaster their entire back catalogue".

second question : is this new remastering was part of the reissue of all catalog in vinyl which come with a download link ?

counterparts also received the sacd "treatment". for many, this is best sounding version of the album. unfortunately, i cannot appreciate it since i don't own an sacd player and even not a cd player anymore.

i know, it's all a matter of taste. but i love that album so much, i want to improve my listening experience from my 1993 rip.

many thanks in advance.

mB

Never opened the Atlantic Remasters box so I don't know if it's the 2004 or a newer remaster,

For vinyl there was the original 1993 vinyl and the 2015 remastered vinyl with the download code and at least one other independent download. (Not at all familiar with any of the downloadable versions because I have no idea about where they are sourced.)

As for CD, there is the 1993 original and the 2004 remaster (which I think slightly improves the albums clarity.) There is also the Audio Fidelity version released in 2012 (which happens to be my favorite as far as CD sound quality.)

For me, Counterparts is Rush's last truly great album from start to finish and Rush's best since GUP. Animate, Double Agent, and Leave that thing alone are top 25 Rush songs for me.

Sorry I can't answer your questions. I just thought I'd chime in and tell you I agree about that album's greatness

• Like 1

greetings,

many thanks in advance.

mB

Never opened the Atlantic Remasters box so I don't know if it's the 2004 or a newer remaster,

For vinyl there was the original 1993 vinyl and the 2015 remastered vinyl with the download code and at least one other independent download. (Not at all familiar with any of the downloadable versions because I have no idea about where they are sourced.)

As for CD, there is the 1993 original and the 2004 remaster (which I think slightly improves the albums clarity.) There is also the Audio Fidelity version released in 2012 (which happens to be my favorite as far as CD sound quality.)

Counterparts had a great mix from the get-go in 1993 so I didn't hear any difference at all in the 1989-2007 studio album remasters box set I got a few years ago of it

For me, Counterparts is Rush's last truly great album from start to finish and Rush's best since GUP. Animate, Double Agent, and Leave that thing alone are top 25 Rush songs for me.

Sorry I can't answer your questions. I just thought I'd chime in and tell you I agree about that album's greatness

thank you all for your reply.

how can i put my hands on the audio fidelity cd ? is there any rip available for download anywhere ? (i don't want to steal anything but...)

I want to improve my listening experience from my 1993 rip.

You can start by listening to the record in lossless (flac) format and not lossy (mp3). Kinda ruin a lot...

• Like 1

greetings,

many thanks in advance.

mB

Counterparts had a great mix from the get-go in 1993 so I didn't hear any difference at all in the 1989-2007 studio album remasters box set I got a few years ago of it

thank you all for your reply.

how can i put my hands on the audio fidelity cd ? is there any rip available for download anywhere ? (i don't want to steal anything but...)

It was fairly limited but you can find CD copies out there. Don't know if it was ever available for download or streaming.

• Like 1