My Favourite David Bowie Album Is...

The Cat 3

My Favourite David Bowie Album Is...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. My Favourite David Bowie Album Is...

• David Bowie (Deram)
    • David Bowie (Space Oddity)
    • The Man Who Sold the World
    • Hunky Dory
    • The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
    • Aladdin Sane
    • Pinups
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Young Americans
    • Station to Station
    • Low
    • “Heroes”
    • Lodger
    • Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)
    • Let’s Dance
    • Tonight
    • Never Let Me Down
    • Tin Machine
    • Tin Machine II
    • Black Tie White Noise
    • 1. Outside
    • Earthling
    • ‘hours...’
    • Heathen
    • Reality
    • The Next Day
    • Blackstar

I'm probably skewing things by not having heard all of his albums but Ziggy is the best of the bunch that I have heard. And it's one of Mike Portnoy's fave ever albums so I'm in good company!
  • Like 1

This is very difficult as there are so many stand-out albums.

I go with Hunky Dory purely because it is the one I go back to time and time again.

• Like 1

Too bad I'm cliche, but Ziggy is just perfect. Just the perfect amount of everything. But I love Bowie, and he has plenty of other incredible albums to choose from. My ranking of the ones I've heard so far:

1. Ziggy Stardust

2. Blackstar

3. Station To Station

4. Aladdin Sane

5. Low

6. Hunky Dory

7. Scary Monsters (this one has really come up in my estimation...honestly it could even be higher)

8. Heroes

9. Diamond Dogs

10. Lodger

11. Heathen

12. Let's Dance

13. Young Americans

• Like 2

Playing Ziggy now.......and i i'm the first too say i usually feel an artists most popular is almost never their best. BUT ziggy's an exception i think.

still not my fav. but it IS perfect.

Mick

• Like 2

Playing Ziggy now.......and i i'm the first too say i usually feel an artists most popular is almost never their best. BUT ziggy's an exception i think.

still not my fav. but it IS perfect.

Mick

It really seems undeniable to me. It's the kind of record where, if you like rock, you'll love it. And it's also the kind of record where, if it's not your favorite, that's understandable since he covered so many other styles and went in so many more specific directions.

• Like 2

I have only heard up through Let's Dance but I think I will go with Ziggy Stardust too. Space Oddity through Aladdin Sane is a hell of an album run though. I really like Scary Monsters and Super Creeps a lot too.
  • Like 3

Blackstar

A stunning album to cap off his career. The man knew what was happening and finished with what I believe is his masterpiece.

Otherworldly.

• Like 1

It's interesting because he seemed to keep his ear to the ground ( so to speak) of what was happening in music, film and art etc so it shows in how his music evolved.

I heard that Blackstar was quite interesting and his friend Tony Visconti, if I heard correctly, was saying in some interview that Bowie knew it would be his last album. I haven't heard the album yet.

I also quite like Low, Earthling and 1.Outside which showcase various different sides to him.

The less said about Tin Machine though the better.

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 2

Lately Scary Monsters has been my favorite. It's just a great blend of odd and pop. Plus it has Robert Fripp's eerie guitar on it (albeit not the only album with him). Otherwise Ziggy. Blackstar and Low are pretty flawless. Blackstar might only be brought down by She Loves Me which was the only song on the album that was just "okay".
  • Like 2

Ziggy. It was a dominant album in my senior high school/freshman college years + I saw the tour at Radio City :heart: day 1973.

To see The Spiders...

51295100321_ce7859484f_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Not including from "Tin Machine", I haven't been able to name my personal favourite "David Bowie" c.d., and album because I've liked his solo ones the same.
  • Like 3