choose one  

24 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
    • Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
  2. 2. band

3. 3. song!

• Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia
    • Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation (I realize it's not on Toys, but it just pairs so well with Holiday In Cambodia)

Alright you punks, which of you dares to take a Holiday In Cambodia? Walk This Way! Have you been Stealing People's Mail? Even from Uncle Salty??
  • Like 2

A somewhat strange pairing. Even I, not exactly the worlds biggest Aerosmith fan, give them a grand slam. Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

AEROSMITH

Toys is a fantastic album

Aerosmith is a great band

I saw Aerosmith on the PV tour ( Brendan Byrne NJ 1987? ) and still have the shirt... and it still fits !!!

Edited by custom55
  • Like 4

Toys is a great album. I prefer Dead Kennedy's as a band, and Holiday in Cambodia is iconic. A 2-to-1 DK win here.

Plastic Surgery Disasters :ebert:

• Like 1

Picked Aerosmith for the first two but in terms of skewering the infinite hypocrisy of middle and upper class leftist scum there is no more trenchant critique than Holiday in Cambodia. Edited by laughedatbytime

Aerosmith 2-1 Dead Kennedys

Toys is really great rock music, straight up; peak Aerosmith. "Holiday in Cambodia" is better than "Permanent Vacation," by about the distance from Phnom Penh to Boston.

Aerosmith 2-1 Dead Kennedys

Toys is really great rock music, straight up; peak Aerosmith. "Holiday in Cambodia" is better than "Permanent Vacation," by about the distance from Phnom Penh to Boston.

Physically or politically?

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

I saw Aerosmith on the PV tour ( Brendan Byrne NJ 1987? ) and still have the shirt... and it still fits !!!

Brag about it, whydontcha? :P I don't think even my hats from '87 would fit now . . .

• Like 1

Brag about it, whydontcha? :P I don't think even my hats from '87 would fit now . . .

You're Barry Bonds?

• Like 1

For all we know, he could have been morbidly obese in 1987 :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Aerosmith X 3.

S.O.S. (Too Bad).

Only saw them once, 5/8/76, Pontiac Silverdome. Opened with Toys. Not the greatest venue acoustically, and they played like shit. I suspect the recreational substances and libations were already causing problems.They got blown off the stage by a local yokel. Some plank spanker named Nugent.

• Like 2

For the few here who liked Jello's satirical attacks on society it's worth noting that the Guantanamo Bay School of Medicine is worth the time. Of the majority who likely could never get into that sound/his voice/the politics/the humor then definitely skip it.

I'm a big fan of that whole scene so this was a no-brainer for me- DK's all the way.

But Toys is excellent.

• Like 1

For all we know, he could have been morbidly obese in 1987 :outtahere:

Ha Ha. It's true I was about 10 lbs heavier back then ( I was working an insane amount of hours and eating like sh1t ) but I'm still pretty much the same.

• Like 2

One of the all time great rock bands vs. a band that hipsters buy t-shirts from to appear rebellious? Please. :)

Hipsters like Aerosmith?
  • Like 2

For the few here who liked Jello's satirical attacks on society it's worth noting that the Guantanamo Bay School of Medicine is worth the time. Of the majority who likely could never get into that sound/his voice/the politics/the humor then definitely skip it.

I'm a big fan of that whole scene so this was a no-brainer for me- DK's all the way.

But Toys is excellent.

:ebert: