Colon Cancer

Lorraine

I remember you had chosen to be at home as long as possible, I totally respect and admire that - but I got the impression you had "moved in".

Your determination is amazing :D-13:

• Like 6

Still alive. :)

Not much to say.

I opted to have the morphine pump removed. They didn't like that one bit. Actually fought me on it. They got me suspicious of the whole outfit.

I don't want to die yet. I am going to look for a doctor to see if he can help me and prescribe the pills to help manage the pain when I needed. If it turns out not, then I can always go back on.

• Like 12

Not much to say.

I opted to have the morphine pump removed. They didn't like that one bit. Actually fought me on it. They got me suspicious of the whole outfit.

I don't want to die yet. I am going to look for a doctor to see if he can help me and prescribe the pills to help manage the pain when I needed. If it turns out not, then I can always go back on.

Brave of you to explore your options. And wise.

:hug2:

• Like 7

Not much to say.

Daily hug! :hug2: It sounds like they are not used to people looking into options. You are handling things really well. :hug2:

• Like 6

Nightly prayers and hugs...

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

And wishes for peace and lack of pain...

Lack of pain would be wonderful.

I can't deny the pain.

It exist.

I still have to take morphine pills at night. Down to one. Two if it is bad.

Today I got by without taking any pills at all. Until tonight. Then the pain starts.

It's obvious there is still something very wrong.

Nightly prayers and hugs...

And wishes for peace and lack of pain...

Lack of pain would be wonderful.

I can't deny the pain.

It exist.

I still have to take morphine pills at night. Down to one. Two if it is bad.

Today I got by without taking any pills at all. Until tonight. Then the pain starts.

It's obvious there is still something very wrong.

One Little Victory

:hug2:

• Like 9

Nightly thoughts and prayers, and wishes for peace, joy, tranquillity, and relief from pain...

Thank you for showing us your inner strength and laudable humanity...

• Like 5

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Saw this quote and decided to share i.t

Cancer is so limited...It cannot cripple love. It cannot shatter hope.

It cannot corrode faith. It cannot eat away peace. It cannot destroy confidence.

It cannot kill friendship. It cannot shut out memories. It cannot silence courage.

It cannot reduce eternal life. It cannot quench the Spirit.

It has not silenced your courage and spirit. Peace be to you :rose: :heart:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6

I just want to say that I wouldn't wish what I am going through on anyone - not even someone I heartily despised.

It changes you completely.

No one should ever have to go through this. If it is true that they do have a cure for cancer but it would kill the economy if revealed (think of it just in the amount of jobs lost - no one apparently wants to work anymore as it is - very strange how you make more money sitting home - didn't work that way when I was younger) it's awful that the almighty dollar is everyone's bottom line anymore - no matter who or what. Chemo alone brings the pharmaceutical companies billions and billions a year. I forget if it is chemo or atorvastatins that is their biggest money-maker.

In any event, to be handed a death sentence with unpleasant alternatives to buy just a little time - maybe - is awful.

My love to all here. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

I just want to say that I wouldn't wish what I am going through on anyone - not even someone I heartily despised.

No one should ever have to go through this. If it is true that they do have a cure for cancer but it would kill the economy if revealed (think of it just in the amount of jobs lost - no one apparently wants to work anymore as it is - very strange how you make more money sitting home - didn't work that way when I was younger) it's awful that the almighty dollar is everyone's bottom line anymore - no matter who or what. Chemo alone brings the pharmaceutical companies billions and billions a year. I forget if it is chemo or atorvastatins that is their biggest money-maker.

In any event, to be handed a death sentence with unpleasant alternatives to buy just a little time - maybe - is awful.

My love to all here. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

We love you too, friend. Prayers and peace...

• Like 5

You've got friends here Lorraine. But I think you know that.

You are thought of every day.

Just be as strong as you can, and do you. It is inspiring to read your posts here.

• Like 6

Love and hugs, Lorraine. :heart: :heart: :hug2: :hug2: I think of you every day, and I know we all here on TRF do. You are being carried by prayers. :angel: :angel: :angel:
  • Like 5