Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Can't attend Mass anymore. Now that breaks my heart. I can get a ride, but I will probably fall asleep during Mass. That and the need to be near at hand at all times a bathroom due to the massive amounts of laxatives I have to take to avoid constipation since they upped my morphine dosage.

It's so hard to ask for help. I'd love to be able to even make a visit, but the church has received threats so they have to keep it locked when there are no Masses being offered.

Anyone here who happens to be going tomorrow, take me along in spirit and do pray for me.

Out of all the things I've had to do in my life, this has to be the hardest.

I MUST learn to continually say Fiat! and Thy Will Be Done

And to give up my last independence (driving) is killing me. Right now I am making a novena to know whether I should just proceed with sale or wait a bit yet. It's not like I can run out and buy another one if we happen to find out this diagnosis was just one big oops.

Then I have my husband who has already informed me he's tired of the three hospice ladies coming each week and he has caught two of them (the nurse is one of them - he thinks she's afraid he's stepping on her toes and she doesn't like that) talking about me and how they were going to protect me. I need a man in the early stages of paranoia dementia like a hole in the head.

Once again, whatever it is that you do, even if you believe in no higher power, please send your good and positive and affirming thoughts my way ASAP.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Since you can't go to church anymore can you have a priest stop by your house to say some prayers and give you communion? Both my mom and grandma did that when they got too sick to go to mass anymore. I know that's not the same as going to mass but it can still be something to keep you connected with the church in some way.

The priest called this morning and is coming on Friday morning.

Thanks again for the suggestions. :hug2:

• Like 11

I'm happy to hear that the priest will be visiting you soon. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: You are dearly loved, Lorraine. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Like 7

Daily prayers and hugs! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Hope you had a restful, peaceful day!

I wish. The last few days have been anytinig but. One of the hospice doctors suggested I stop taking the steroid for a week or so. I agree.

They had to change the pump line location to the other side of my stomach late this afternoon and my pain is really out of control. I never realized how bad it is until they took the pump out. It was out for about maybe 20 minutes tops. Too long.

Keep those prayers and hugs coming. I'd be lost without them and the friendship of so many of you. You have no idea how much it all means when everything else has lost all meaning.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :heart:

• Like 6

Keep those prayers and hugs coming. I'd be lost without them and the friendship of so many of you. You have no idea how much it all means when everything else has lost all meaning.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :heart:

That is never going to go away, Lorraine. A few years ago, I never thought I would ever say this about an online community, but the love and care here is absolutely genuine. We all care about you, and I would warrant that at any given moment in the day, someone here is thinking about you.

• Like 7

I wish. The last few days have been anytinig but. One of the hospice doctors suggested I stop taking the steroid for a week or so. I agree.

They had to change the pump line location to the other side of my stomach late this afternoon and my pain is really out of control. I never realized how bad it is until they took the pump out. It was out for about maybe 20 minutes tops. Too long.

Sending my best Lorraine; be strong!

• Like 5

I'm trying. This afternoon I told my hospice nurse that I was determined to stay alive to watch my sunflowers grow and bloom again this Spring. Even she was taken aback by this one. I don't think she thinks I'll make it to Christmas let alone May.

We shall see. I am not going to let this disease take me without a battle. :madra:

• Like 10

That is never going to go away, Lorraine. A few years ago, I never thought I would ever say this about an online community, but the love and care here is absolutely genuine. We all care about you, and I would warrant that at any given moment in the day, someone here is thinking about you.

Absolutely, 100%. You are on my mind every day. Hugs and prayers dear friend :heart: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 7

I'm trying. This afternoon I told my hospice nurse that I was determined to stay alive to watch my sunflowers grow and bloom again this Spring. Even she was taken aback by this one. I don't think she thinks I'll make it to Christmas let alone May.

We shall see. I am not going to let this disease take me without a battle. :madra:

That's the spirit!

• Like 7

I wish I had more I could say regarding all of this but everyone here has said all that I could ever think of saying.

Hope you are as comfortable as you can be. I'll give Xanadu a spin for the good old times

• Like 8

For Thanksgiving Eve, extra hugs and prayers...and thank you for letting us get a chance to know you...and for your bravery and tenacity to make the best of a horrible situation.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 6

I hope so, because I've been taken for enough rides in my life. I always prided myself on being such a good judge of people; maybe that was the problem, I wasn't at all.

Thank you for your kindness, Toymaker - always.

• Like 2

For Thanksgiving Eve, extra hugs and prayers...and thank you for letting us get a chance to know you...and for your bravery and tenacity to make the best of a horrible situation.

For the first time today the b.m. looked like they describe rectal cancer stool - coffee grinds. And I had a lot of pain today, but I wasn't going to call my nurse back here.

As it is, she had to come over first thing in AM to change the dressing again because I couldn't pull the water protector one away from the one protecting the tubes.

She told me in order for her to enjoy Thanksgiving with her family and take good care of her patients at the same tme, she has to get up at 1:00 AM and start her rounds from home to home. Her daughter was going to cook the Thanksgiving meal. The nurse if around my age - maybe a few years younger, but a very devoted soul to her charges.

"Till death do we part" she told me when she was assigned to my team.

But I am determined not to give in to this. I am going to fight as much as I can.

I am going to cook our own Thanksgiving meal tomorrow and do the best I can. A kind soul from my church went to the store for me and bought me all I needed and didn't make me feel like I put her out by doing it.

My husband is finally getting it through his head this is no joke. He seems startled: now what is he going to do? :huh:

• Like 7

What all of this has taught me is how important kindness is.

Kindness and gratitude.

Saying "thank you" isn't so hard to do.

Nor is being grateful to someone for the smallest thing they do for me.

We seem to have lost that the last few decades. We seem to feel that all is owed to us, and it's no big deal to let a door slam in someone's face without even acknowledging the person was there at all. Or if someone drops something and they already have their arms full, would it be so hard to bend over and pick it up for them and maybe help walk them to the car instead of hurrying by with their nose glued to their phone?

God bless everyone here.

I am grateful for all of you.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 10

For the first time today the b.m. looked like they describe rectal cancer stool - coffee grinds. And I had a lot of pain today, but I wasn't going to call my nurse back here.

As it is, she had to come over first thing in AM to change the dressing again because I couldn't pull the water protector one away from the one protecting the tubes.

She told me in order for her to enjoy Thanksgiving with her family and take good care of her patients at the same tme, she has to get up at 1:00 AM and start her rounds from home to home. Her daughter was going to cook the Thanksgiving meal. The nurse if around my age - maybe a few years younger, but a very devoted soul to her charges.

But I am determined not to give in to this. I am going to fight as much as I can.

I am going to cook our own Thanksgiving meal tomorrow and do the best I can. A kind soul from my church went to the store for me and bought me all I needed and didn't make me feel like I put her out by doing it.

My husband is finally getting it through his head this is no joke. He seems startled: now what is he going to do? :huh:

I have nothing but admiration for you, cooking your Thanksgiving meal. :angel: :hug2: :heart:

• Like 7

I have nothing but admiration for you, cooking your Thanksgiving meal. :angel: :hug2: :heart:

Wish we could all come over for a plate - I'd bring the homemade cranberry sauce! Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 5

What all of this has taught me is how important kindness is.

Kindness and gratitude.

Saying "thank you" isn't so hard to do.

Nor is being grateful to someone for the smallest thing they do for me.

We seem to have lost that the last few decades. We seem to feel that all is owed to us, and it's no big deal to let a door slam in someone's face without even acknowledging the person was there at all. Or if someone drops something and they already have their arms full, would it be so hard to bend over and pick it up for them and maybe help walk them to the car instead of hurrying by with their nose glued to their phone?

God bless everyone here.

I am grateful for all of you.

I am thankful every day to know you, Lorraine. I am a better person for it. :hug2:

Praying for comfort.

• Like 6

Absolutely, 100%. You are on my mind every day. Hugs and prayers dear friend :heart: :hug2: :hug2:

Totally. You're on my mind too. Hugs and purrs :heart: :hug2:

• Like 4

Lorraine,

Hope you had a peaceful, comfortable Thanksgiving filled with wonderful tastes and smells.

As always, hugs and prayers... :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 4