Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Daily hugs and prayers...

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

We miss your posts! Come back soon!

I have nothing good to say.

I was given a morphine pump in my stomach. But no one told me until after the pump was in that I can no longer drive. By this time at night, it its nearly impossible for my to type and is very frustrating to do

I cannot drive with the morphine pump, so the care has to be sold. What would you pay for 1 2017 Forester 2.5 4 liter awnd with 51,+ miles on it, and four new sets of tires that I bought and paid at Les Schwab for almost $1,000 lat year and has only 23,000 miles on them. Plus I still have the original four tires (w/o rims) they can have too. I just wanted better tires. Brand new battery too as of last year.

Life has not been easy or getting easier. It is getting harder.

And once again, I am very sad, the Christmass holidays won't be making anything easier. That is, if I make it.

Edited by Lorraine

I was given a morphine pump in my stomach. But no one told me until after the pump was in that I can no longer drive. By this time at night, it its nearly impossible for my to type and is very frustrating to do

I cannot drive with the morphine pump, so the care has to be sold. What would you pay for 1 2017 Forester 2.5 4 liter awnd with 51,+ miles on it, and four new sets of tires that I bought and paid at Les Schwab for almost $1,000 lat year and has only 23,000 miles on them. Plus I still have the original four tires (w/o rims) they can have too. I just wanted better tires. Brand new battery too as of last year.

And once again, I am very sad, the Christmass holidays won't be making anything easier. That is, if I make it.

You don't owe us anything, if posting is a burden, please don't. The last thing I want to do is add to your troubles. Just know that we are thinking about you and will be here for you if and when you need someone to listen.

:hug2: :hug2:

• Like 5

A few months ago I bought a 2017 Forester with the same mileage for just under $20,000 cash in Canuck Bucks (not to brag but saying somebody who is financing might pay more).

About $15,000 USD. And lately used cars are in higher demand. Plus the tires!

Sorry to hear you can't drive now, but you did say something before about not being able to drive soon.

For me, I would probably resist and deny every stop thrown my way, but how does one accept everything coming at them?

One piece at a time? A general withdrawal?

What a journey you have taken us on Lorraine.

You are still not alone.

Never feel alone :heart:

• Like 2

You don't owe us anything, if posting is a burden, please don't. The last thing I want to do is add to your troubles. Just know that we are thinking about you and will be here for you if and when you need someone to listen.

I never said it was a burden to post at all.

If you want to continue to hear the brutal day-to-day realities of what it is like dying from cancer, I'll post.

I don't have much time left. Doesn't anyone understand that? I am dying soon. In a matter of weeks. So they say. There's always a chance they are wrong, but they didn't put a morphine pump in my stomach, and then return today to up the dosage, if this were all just some bad joke.

If you want to continue to hear the brutal day-to-day realities of what it is like dying from cancer, I'll post.

I don't have much time left. Doesn't anyone understand that? I am dying soon. In a matter of weeks. So they say. There's always a chance they are wrong, but they didn't put a morphine pump in my stomach, and then return today to up the dosage, if this were all just some bad joke.

We want to you to post if you feel up to it, I don't think that was a criticism. I want you to do what is best for you, please know that I am praying for you. I cared for my Mother and gave her the pain medicine in her last days, it is excruciating to watch someone go through this. You are actually in the middle of it and it has to be an ordeal. Thank you for keeping us in the loop and know you are in many prayers. :hug2:

• Like 7

We want to you to post if you feel up to it, I don't think that was a criticism. I want you to do what is best for you, please know that I am praying for you. I cared for my Mother and gave her the pain medicine in her last days, it is excruciating to watch someone go through this. You are actually in the middle of it and it has to be an ordeal. Thank you for keeping us in the loop and know you are in many prayers. :hug2:

^^^this. Not a criticism at all just an acknowledgment that everything could be physically taxing at this point and your need for comfort comes first.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 4

And there is still time left on the full warranty of that vehicle, ask somebody to look it over.

They offer a full four or five year warranty, front to back, if cross-border stuff means anything.

You are not selling a "lemon", every Subaru dealer I have dealt with will trip over themselves to help.

Take the money and use it for something you have always wanted to spend extra money for, now is the time :)

• Like 4

And there is still time left on the full warranty of that vehicle, ask somebody to look it over.

They offer a full four or five year warranty, front to back, if cross-border stuff means anything.

You are not selling a "lemon", every Subaru dealer I have dealt with will trip over themselves to help.

Take the money and use it for something you have always wanted to spend extra money for, now is the time :)

I bought it used from an independent dealer. No warranty. Some parts of it yes. Apparently many 2017 Forester's had faulty rear-gates and bad air-conditioner compressors. Mine does have the faulty reargate, but the AC works fine.

Not sure what to sell it for. I got a deal on it, but I understand, for whatever reason, used cars are now at a premium and, if you have a good one, you can make a killing. I've already been told mine is a solid car and it only has 52,000 on it. The tires I bought when I bought the car, so they have only about 25.000 miles on them and I've had them faithfully rotated.

Also been faithful with oil and filter changes. Car initially didn't have any dints, but even though I have a disabled permit, Walmarters managed to dint it up here and there.. I have no idea how - maybe it is from the carts.

Bahamas, you sound like my sister telling me to sell and use the money to do something special for myself, only now I am in no physical condition to do anything and, without being able to drive, much.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Can't attend Mass anymore. Now that breaks my heart. I can get a ride, but I will probably fall asleep during Mass. That and the need to be near at hand at all times a bathroom due to the massive amounts of laxatives I have to take to avoid constipation since they upped my morphine dosage.

It's so hard to ask for help. I'd love to be able to even make a visit, but the church has received threats so they have to keep it locked when there are no Masses being offered.

Anyone here who happens to be going tomorrow, take me along in spirit and do pray for me.

Out of all the things I've had to do in my life, this has to be the hardest.

I MUST learn to continually say Fiat! and Thy Will Be Done

And to give up my last independence (driving) is killing me. Right now I am making a novena to know whether I should just proceed with sale or wait a bit yet. It's not like I can run out and buy another one if we happen to find out this diagnosis was just one big oops.

Then I have my husband who has already informed me he's tired of the three hospice ladies coming each week and he has caught two of them (the nurse is one of them - he thinks she's afraid he's stepping on her toes and she doesn't like that) talking about me and how they were going to protect me. I need a man in the early stages of paranoia dementia like a hole in the head.

Once again, whatever it is that you do, even if you believe in no higher power, please send your good and positive and affirming thoughts my way ASAP.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

Once again, whatever it is that you do, even if you believe in no higher power, please send your good and positive and affirming thoughts my way ASAP.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Every day.

• Like 7

Can't attend Mass anymore. Now that breaks my heart. I can get a ride, but I will probably fall asleep during Mass. That and the need to be near at hand at all times a bathroom due to the massive amounts of laxatives I have to take to avoid constipation since they upped my morphine dosage.

It's so hard to ask for help. I'd love to be able to even make a visit, but the church has received threats so they have to keep it locked when there are no Masses being offered.

Anyone here who happens to be going tomorrow, take me along in spirit and do pray for me.

And to give up my last independence (driving) is killing me. Right now I am making a novena to know whether I should just proceed with sale or wait a bit yet. It's not like I can run out and buy another one if we happen to find out this diagnosis was just one big oops.

Then I have my husband who has already informed me he's tired of the three hospice ladies coming each week and he has caught two of them (the nurse is one of them - he thinks she's afraid he's stepping on her toes and she doesn't like that) talking about me and how they were going to protect me. I need a man in the early stages of paranoia dementia like a hole in the head.

Since you can't go to church anymore can you have a priest stop by your house to say some prayers and give you communion? Both my mom and grandma did that when they got too sick to go to mass anymore. I know that's not the same as going to mass but it can still be something to keep you connected with the church in some way.

• Like 7

Always. :hug2:

• Like 4

My apologies for misunderstanding what was trying to be conveyed to me. I am sorry.

:hug2:

You apologizing to us. You are such a good Catholic. ;)

• Like 4

Since you can't go to church anymore can you have a priest stop by your house to say some prayers and give you communion? Both my mom and grandma did that when they got too sick to go to mass anymore. I know that's not the same as going to mass but it can still be something to keep you connected with the church in some way.

Thank you. I am going to look into that this upcoming week.

• Like 6