Colon Cancer

Lorraine

I awoke yesterday with an horrid headache and a worse than normal appetite. The room was spinning. Since I never think about it, the word "covid" never came into my mind, until I suddenly recalled a friend of mine complaining about the headache it causes.

It was my nurse's day to visit anyway, but when told of the latest development, she showed up asap all suited up in yellow and shield. My neighbors couldn't get away fast enough.

They gave me that test that shows results in 20 or so minutes. Twirl two swabs around in each nostril for 15 seconds each. It tested negative, but then she said it still might be positive. :eh: Then she said it might just be the flu. :unsure: :huh:

But, here I still am to tell you that morphine doesn't do a thing for headaches, but 500 mg Tylenol does.

• Like 2

I wish to add more content to your posts, not just "liking" what others are posting.

But what to say?

Up in northern Ontario we are getting blasts of winter storms of rain and snow. Some areas are filling up with snow, other areas are just being dumped with too much rain.

We are a couple hours north of Duluth, closer to us than, say, Toronto or Montreal or Winnipeg. So our party town is in the good old USA.

How cool is it that we are all Forum members, we all like Rush and appreciate all their greatness from so many different parts of the world?

You are helping people share and you are willing to shred off every dignity to share your end of life thoughts. It is scary and real and honest. Overwhelming at times!

We are coming upon winter, what is it like where you are, now? Colder? Will you get some snow? Mayhap (my new favourite saying) you will try a snow angel?

Edit - Klondike Bars? Really? Don't you know they are not good for your health!! ( :bacon: might be more satisfying?)

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 7

Time for your daily hugs. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Sad to hear your day wasn't as good as it could be and that you'll be isolating.

Prayers coming your way as well for both your physical comfort and your spiritual and emotional peace. You continue to inspire.

• Like 3

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Hope you had a comfortable, peaceful day!

Prayers and intercessions on your behalf also forthcoming.

• Like 3

I wish to add more content to your posts, not just "liking" what others are posting.

But what to say?

Up in northern Ontario we are getting blasts of winter storms of rain and snow. Some areas are filling up with snow, other areas are just being dumped with too much rain.

We are a couple hours north of Duluth, closer to us than, say, Toronto or Montreal or Winnipeg. So our party town is in the good old USA.

How cool is it that we are all Forum members, we all like Rush and appreciate all their greatness from so many different parts of the world?

You are helping people share and you are willing to shred off every dignity to share your end of life thoughts. It is scary and real and honest. Overwhelming at times!

We are coming upon winter, what is it like where you are, now? Colder? Will you get some snow? Mayhap (my new favourite saying) you will try a snow angel?

Edit - Klondike Bars? Really? Don't you know they are not good for your health!! ( :bacon: might be more satisfying?)

I used to love bacon. Could eat bacon all day and night. Now the smell of it makes me sick. I can't explain what cancer does to you.

But what to say?

I used to love bacon. Could eat bacon all day and night. Now the smell of it makes me sick. I can't explain what cancer does to you.

Your dignity and class is inspiring. I hope I'm as brave as you in the future. What you are dealing with still breaks my heart.

Best wishes and thoughts from just outside Charlotte.

I have ta ask, not so seem strange about it...but is there any place in NJ I could possibly see (besides those rocks) in NJ that's a place or neighborhood you used to frequent. Asking..because...I might be interested in doing so my next trip back up to NYC. Just because.

• Like 6

But what to say?

That's just wrong on so many levels. Truest sympathies :(

• Like 7

Hospice had to come today. Doubled my morning and night doses of morphine. Last night first time pain woke me up. For whatever reason they won't up the dosage. The fast acting ones for the day aren't strong enough eithet.

Pain traveled around a lot today. Finally settled in lower left side.

I would not wish this on anyone. I get scared sometimes. This is one of those times.

Jesus, I trust in You. Help me please.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Hospice had to come today. Doubled my morning and night doses of morphine. Last night first time pain woke me up. For whatever reason they won't up the dosage. Thecfeast acting ones for the day aren't strong enough eithet.

I would not wish this on anyone. I get scared sometimes. This is one of those times.

Prayers and intercession coming your way.

And plenty of hugs. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

I hate this for you. But please know that there are many people who are rooting hard for you and your comfort and peace.

• Like 5

Hospice had to come today. Doubled my morning and night doses of morphine. Last night first time pain woke me up. For whatever reason they won't up the dosage. Thecfeast acting ones for the day aren't strong enough eithet.

Prayers and intercession coming your way.

And plenty of hugs. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

I hate this for you. But please know that there are many people who are rooting hard for you and your comfort and peace.

:hug2:

Praying for deserved peace, comfort, and dignity.

• Like 5

Now we lost our power. Just when I thought we had made it through the worst, the lights went off.

Glad I have this phone.

I hope they will be back on soon! Sending prayers for comfort with your illness. :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 4

Now we lost our power. Just when I thought we had made it through the worst, the lights went off.

Glad I have this phone.

Yikes, I hope today is a better day all around.

• Like 4