Colon Cancer

Lorraine

I didn't have time to read the whole thread. Does the doctor have any idea what caused the cancer? In the past, some researchers have linked certain foods and lifestyle habits to colon cancer. Do you have a family history of it?

She looks like my mother's aunt, not at all what I expected.

I'm sure you meant well with that first post, but given the context of this thread, in my opinion these posts of yours are perhaps a little tone deaf. Maybe taking the time to read the whole thread would have been a good idea.

• Like 7

I'm honoured to see these photos of you, beautiful Lorraine, and of your dear family. I pray that God holds you in His loving arms where you can rest every moment, on every breath even through the pain. :heart: :hug2: Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 6

Lorraine wanted these photos posted- We finally get to meet her! The first one is Lorraine, and the second one is Lorraine with her two "guardian angels". She has the most beautiful smile, as I have long suspected. :heart:

MGUcrqYl.jpg

BDhnV13l.jpg

I knew it! As lovely on the outside as your posts on here suggest. :hi:

Beautiful.

• Like 7

I'm sure you meant well with that first post, but given the context of this thread, in my opinion, these posts of yours are perhaps a little tone deaf. Maybe, taking the time to read the whole thread would have been a good idea.

Other people including myself are showing, and giving support. I'm asking you this question. Were you thinking of doing, and going to do the same thing? The question is, and was to you, Administrator (1-0-0-1-0-0-1).

Edited by Derek19

I'm sure you meant well with that first post, but given the context of this thread, in my opinion, these posts of yours are perhaps a little tone deaf. Maybe, taking the time to read the whole thread would have been a good idea.

Other people including myself are showing, and giving support. I'm asking you this question. Were you thinking of doing, and going to do the same thing?

Are you talking to me, or Krystal?

Other people including myself are showing, and giving support. I'm asking you this question. Were you thinking of doing, and going to do the same thing? The question is, and was to you, Administrator (1-0-0-1-0-0-1).

He was the third person to post on this thread.

You don't need to worry about what I'm posting. What or where I post is none of your business. Worry about your own posts. This thread is about Lorraine, keep it that way.

• Like 6

I'm glad you're still able to go to church.

It's my only bright spot of the week. I was going to go a few days during the week as well, but I cannot move as fast as I used to, and it takes me a long time to get myself together, so the morning Mass is out. The other Mass they have around noon isn't good because hospice nurses, social workers, chaplains, doctors like to come, for whatever reason, right around 11:30, or 1.

All I do is pray all day really. I've lost interest in most everything else. I love to read, but my eyes just can't stay open long enough to read more than a paragraph or two.

It's okay though. I lay on the couch and look at my gorgeous sunflowers with Tulora on my lap. The days have been sunny and on the warm side. I think about how grateful I am for all the people I've known in my life, and how grateful I am to Hospice, and how fortunate I am to have found the great seniors' place we live in.

Today two very kind ladies brought us lunch. One even brought along a lovely potted plant. Both were obviously prepared with care and love, not just thrown together as some do. She even made a treat of home-made brownies for dessert. How grateful I am to them for their kindness. With so little kindness around anymore, I do so appreciate it when I am the recipient of it.

I am very peaceful, and my heart is, believe it or not, full of joy.

I'm finally going Home. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

It's my only bright spot of the week. I was going to go a few days during the week as well, but I cannot move as fast as I used to, and it takes me a long time to get myself together, so the morning Mass is out. The other Mass they have around noon isn't good because hospice nurses, social workers, chaplains, doctors like to come, for whatever reason, right around 11:30, or 1.

All I do is pray all day really. I've lost interest in most everything else. I love to read, but my eyes just can't stay open long enough to read more than a paragraph or two.

It's okay though. I lay on the couch and look at my gorgeous sunflowers with Tulora on my lap. The days have been sunny and on the warm side. I think about how grateful I am for all the people I've known in my life, and how grateful I am to Hospice, and how fortunate I am to have found the great seniors' place we live in.

Today two very kind ladies brought us lunch. One even brought along a lovely potted plant. Both were obviously prepared with care and love, not just thrown together as some do. She even made a treat of home-made brownies for dessert. How grateful I am to them for their kindness. With so little kindness around anymore, I do so appreciate it when I am the recipient of it.

So beautifully put...such grace. You really are amazing, Lorraine.
  • Like 7

So beautifully put...such grace. You really are amazing, Lorraine.

An inspiration. Dignity and class.

• Like 5

That sounds lovely, to enjoy the sunflowers and your kitty with you. :angel:

• Like 5

Lorraine, that's beautiful, and I am glad that you have those peaceful feelings. :hug2:

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 7

It's really quite amazing, the way you're dealing with this.

• Like 7

I haven't kept up with some parts of the forum in some time so I'm a little late to the game here. I never really know what to say with these sorts of things. I'm so sorry to hear this but wish you the very best and hope you can be as comfortable as possible.
  • Like 6

I'ts good to hear you are feeling at peace, and it sounds like you have some wonderful support. :hug2:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 7

I'm trying to post a picture of Tulora but without any success. I will try again tomorrow.

In the meantime, from my heart I thank you for all of your kind words, and I love the sunflower and butterfly pic. We have a lot of butterflies hanging around ours too. I tried to take pictures, but I am not too good with the camera.

• Like 4

Here is a picture of wonderful Tulora that Lorraine sent to me. :) What a beautiful cat -cute little face. :heart:

TL7AhbHl.jpg

What a lovely kitty, I have a blue cream girl too, so nice to have a cuddle with :heart: :hug2:

• Like 5

Here is a picture of wonderful Tulora that Lorraine sent to me. :) What a beautiful cat -cute little face. :heart:

TL7AhbHl.jpg

Thanks, Becky. I'm still trying to get a picture of her that shows her off well. She does not photograph well. Even the picture they had on the shelter page of cats for adoption did her no justice.

But she's my gal, and my heart breaks for her and what will happen to her.

• Like 4

TL7AhbHl.jpg

What a lovely kitty, I have a blue cream girl too, so nice to have a cuddle with :heart: :hug2:

She's not much for cuddling. Each morning and night I grab her and hug her and give her a kiss, but she doesn't go for any of that type of stuff. I do it just the same. :) It might not do much for her, but it helps me! :)

• Like 6