Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Hey Lorraine,

So sorry to hear of your condition. Since I don't get on here much these days I wanted to wish you the best and let you know you are loved by myself and everyone on the forum.

• Like 10

Here is a photo I'm posting for our lovely Lorraine- she is the happy, happy baby on her mom's lap. :)

OvKKPykl.jpg

Thank you, Becky, for finding it and doing this.

That's my dear brother whom I miss so much. He died September 22, and was married to a woman like the man I married. It must run in the family. I can't wait to see him again. How I miss his laugh.

My beautiful sister who stood 5'10" and whenever she went into NYC, photographers stopped her and gave her their cards. She was beautiful, but that career held no interest for her. She was really smart too, and would have made an excellent doctor. Instead, she chose to teach children in public school.

My poor father who died suddenly at the age of 54 in 1971, and my mother who I caused so much trouble and sleepless nights, lived to the age of 90 passing away a bit over ten years over from a stomach aneurysm.

• Like 4

Here is a photo I'm posting for our lovely Lorraine- she is the happy, happy baby on her mom's lap. :)

OvKKPykl.jpg

I think that might be Treeduck standing behind her father.

Seriously, what a wonderful picture...

...thanks for posting it here and for being an angel to Lorraine.

• Like 3

This is breaking my heart. Lorraine - I hope you are comfortable. Know that while most of us haven't met you, you've touched so many of us. Edited by grep
  • Like 10

OvKKPykl.jpg

That's my dear brother whom I miss so much. He died September 22, and was married to a woman like the man I married. It must run in the family. I can't wait to see him again. How I miss his laugh.

My beautiful sister who stood 5'10" and whenever she went into NYC, photographers stopped her and gave her their cards. She was beautiful, but that career held no interest for her. She was really smart too, and would have made an excellent doctor. Instead, she chose to teach children in public school.

My poor father who died suddenly at the age of 54 in 1971, and my mother who I caused so much trouble and sleepless nights, lived to the age of 90 passing away a bit over ten years over from a stomach aneurysm.

It's a beautiful family photo :) Your father looks so handsome and proud. I'm sorry you lost him when he was still pretty young.

• Like 5

OvKKPykl.jpg

It's a beautiful family photo :) Your father looks so handsome and proud. I'm sorry you lost him when he was still pretty young.

The picture was taken probably around Easter or Mother's Day in 1955. i sure was happy. :lol:

It's funny, the only one that's looking right at me today is my father. His death was so sudden and unexpected. I never had a chance to say goodbye. My brother-in-law drove him to the hospital and he died three hours later. I can still see him walking slowly down the front steps. It still makes me cry.

Everything makes me cry lately.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 5

OvKKPykl.jpg

The picture was taken probably around Easter or Mother's Day in 1955. i sure was happy. :lol:

It's funny, the only one that's looking right at me today is my father. His death was so sudden and unexpected. I never had a chance to say goodbye. My brother-in-law drove him to the hospital and he died three hours later. I can still see him walking slowly down the front steps. It still makes me cry.

Everything makes me cry lately.

:hug2:

• Like 2

So wonderful to see and experience precious moments and memories shared here.

Indeed. I feel bad that I haven't posted much publicly. But I've read every post...and they are all such a testament to Lorraine's incredibly kind and loving nature. This whole experience, these interactions...it is why we live.

• Like 8

Lorraine wanted these photos posted- We finally get to meet her! The first one is Lorraine, and the second one is Lorraine with her two "guardian angels". She has the most beautiful smile, as I have long suspected. :heart:

MGUcrqYl.jpg

BDhnV13l.jpg

I knew it! As lovely on the outside as your posts on here suggest. :hi:

• Like 9

Indeed. I feel bad that I haven't posted much publicly. But I've read every post...and they are all such a testament to Lorraine's incredibly kind and loving nature. This whole experience, these interactions...it is why we live.

For saying, and showing any kind of support, Goose (Allen), you shouldn't feel bad, and guilty about anything like that because you have done it including reading this thread. You, me, and everyone else, who have posted in this thread did do it, and to a certain degree, and point, we can only say, and do so much.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

For saying, and showing any kind of support, Goose (Allen), you shouldn't feel bad, and guilty about anything like that because you have done it including reading this thread. You, me, and everyone else, who have posted in this thread did do it, and to a certain degree, and point, we can only say, and do so much.

Thanks for the kind words, Derek. :cheers:
  • Like 5

giphy.gif

Dear Lorraine,

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers this evening.

~Love, Hope, Strength

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Each day a new pain appears. Now I am starting to have pain in the rectum.

I am grateful I can still get to Mass on Sunday. That is my sustenance for the week.

I can't read any longer because my eyes just won't stay open for long, so I use all that time to pray.

giphy.gif

Dear Lorraine,

~Love, Hope, Strength

I am grateful I can still get to Mass on Sunday. That is my sustenance for the week.

I can't read any longer because my eyes just won't stay open for long, so I use all that time to pray.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

Dear Lorraine,

~Love, Hope, Strength

:hug2: :hug2:

• Like 3

Audio books are a real help, I use them all the time. Especially when my eye started going bad. There are good podcasts out there too, they were a great resource for me when I was stuck at home last year.

Glad that prayers are comforting you. :hug2:

• Like 5

giphy.gif

Dear Lorraine,

~Love, Hope, Strength

• Like 2