Colon Cancer

Lorraine

SOCN is the hospice home? I looked around the google and there are too many references.

Perhaps donations could be made? Not trying to start a new money drive, but if it was a place known, we could do something each on our own.

Not to get into privacy issues, but if the place was known, we could make personal donations.

That way when a yogurt is being spooned down, down the road, it could be "sponsored by TRF".

"Ahem, Miss?"

"What?"

"More pudding?"

"Enough with the pudding already!"

"Sorry, Miss. But there's a reefer truck out back full of pudding from some RTF...FRT..."

"TRF?"

"Yes, that's it!"

"Fine. If I can't have soup...and then more soup, then okay, more pudding".

Or maybe not. Large print Kindle books?

I just know that voluntary donations have done wonders for hospice organizations everywhere.

SOCN is the political section on TRF. :)

It may be a hospice home to some though. :eh:

That's a very thoughtful idea, Oliver. They told me that each item in this particular hospice has been donated. Even the quilting and sheets for the bed. A lot of wealthy people quietly buy homes and live here to escape the rat-race

I have seen that section The Sense O'Clock News, if that is what you refer to.

I dipped my toes in once or twice but never applied, as I don't trust myself to keep civil in such a stadium. Thanks for the heads up!

A hospice indeed, I hope you find comfort with fellow members for some time to come.

• Like 2

Pet scan results came back clear, but they signed me on to Hospice anyway. They delivered some stuff to help me sleep. Let's hope it works. :)

Glad the PET scan came out ok! I hope you sleep better this weekend.

• Like 4

Pet scan results came back clear, but they signed me on to Hospice anyway. They delivered some stuff to help me sleep. Let's hope it works. :)

Glad the PET scan came out ok! I hope you sleep better this weekend.

They brought me ativan, so I hope it helps. They said if it didn't, they will bring me something else.

• Like 1

SOCN is the hospice home? I looked around the google and there are too many references.

Perhaps donations could be made? Not trying to start a new money drive, but if it was a place known, we could do something each on our own.

Not to get into privacy issues, but if the place was known, we could make personal donations.

That way when a yogurt is being spooned down, down the road, it could be "sponsored by TRF".

"Ahem, Miss?"

"What?"

"More pudding?"

"Enough with the pudding already!"

"Sorry, Miss. But there's a reefer truck out back full of pudding from some RTF...FRT..."

"TRF?"

"Yes, that's it!"

"Fine. If I can't have soup...and then more soup, then okay, more pudding".

Or maybe not. Large print Kindle books?

I just know that voluntary donations have done wonders for hospice organizations everywhere.

SOCN is the political section on TRF. :)

It may be a hospice home to some though. :eh:

That's a very thoughtful idea, Oliver. They told me that each item in this particular hospice has been donated. Even the quilting and sheets for the bed. A lot of wealthy people quietly buy homes and live here to escape the rat-race

I have seen that section The Sense O'Clock News, if that is what you refer to.

I dipped my toes in once or twice but never applied, as I don't trust myself to keep civil in such a stadium. Thanks for the heads up!

A hospice indeed, I hope you find comfort with fellow members for some time to come.

One day at a time. That's the best I can do.

• Like 6

I wish I could give you a hug, or even better, be able to do something to help :hug2: I`m sure I`m not the only one that`s affected by what you`re going through.
  • Like 3

I wish I could give you a hug, or even better, be able to do something to help :hug2: I`m sure I`m not the only one that`s affected by what you`re going through.

My incisions are infected and now I am on antibiotics. The hospice nurse was here on Saturday, and she's coming back either today or tomorrow. They gave me ativan for nerves and to help me sleep.

If I ever became fully aware of the full reality of what is happening to me, it would crush me.

It's the most surreal thing to go through.

The pet scan showed the tumor already growing back. That's why the oncologist got mad at me when I told him I had no interest in chemo. If I had the chemo, it could probably nip the tumor in the bud. But what am I going to get better for? Just to get sick and die in another few years? If I was younger, I'd probably do it, but I am not.

That's the way I look at things.

• Like 3

I understand your perspective on this, Lorraine.

Sending love :hug2:

:hug2:

I just got back from picking out my funeral cards. This is really getting bizarre. I often wonder who the person is that's doing all this stuff while holding normal conversations with people without being a basket case.

• Like 1

My incisions are infected and now I am on antibiotics. The hospice nurse was here on Saturday, and she's coming back either today or tomorrow. They gave me ativan for nerves and to help me sleep.

If I ever became fully aware of the full reality of what is happening to me, it would crush me.

The pet scan showed the tumor already growing back. That's why the oncologist got mad at me when I told him I had no interest in chemo. If I had the chemo, it could probably nip the tumor in the bud. But what am I going to get better for? Just to get sick and die in another few years? If I was younger, I'd probably do it, but I am not.

I really do understand how you see things. Even at my age, I`m not sure I wouldn`t do the same thing - nobody should be getting mad at you, that`s for sure. The context of other events in your world over recent years means you`re not facing a glorious easy future even with 100% perfect health. I think what you`re living through, it reminds me of family things that I`d distanced emotionally from which may be why it resonates. But the job I used to do had a lot of services that were to support people with bucket lists, dignity, choice. I think that`s something we`d all like when we face the inevitable and there`s some solace in having a semblance of control. I hope that the support you`re getting will be along those lines.
  • Like 5

I really do understand how you see things. Even at my age, I`m not sure I wouldn`t do the same thing - nobody should be getting mad at you, that`s for sure. The context of other events in your world over recent years means you`re not facing a glorious easy future even with 100% perfect health. I think what you`re living through, it reminds me of family things that I`d distanced emotionally from which may be why it resonates. But the job I used to do had a lot of services that were to support people with bucket lists, dignity, choice. I think that`s something we`d all like when we face the inevitable and there`s some solace in having a semblance of control. I hope that the support you`re getting will be along those lines.

And if one more person asks me "What about your husband?" I'll scream.

There is a lot I can answer that question with.

There seems to be a lot of support now. Let's hope it continues.

Can't get this tune out of my head. Seems appropriate now

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I've kept quiet in this thread because I lost my mom and grandpa to cancer. So, I don't have anything positive I can say when the topic comes up.

Lorraine, I do think you're making the right decision to not get chemo or any other treatment. There were times with my mom where it didn't even look like the chemo was doing much of anything and her final months alive were pretty miserable. Getting hospice care is the right thing. They will manage any pain and they won't make it a prolonged and painful experience like the chemo can do.

Good luck to you and try to enjoy the time you have left as much as possible.

• Like 4

I've kept quiet in this thread because I lost my mom and grandpa to cancer. So, I don't have anything positive I can say when the topic comes up.

Lorraine, I do think you're making the right decision to not get chemo or any other treatment. There were times with my mom where it didn't even look like the chemo was doing much of anything and her final months alive were pretty miserable. Getting hospice care is the right thing. They will manage any pain and they won't make it a prolonged and painful experience like the chemo can do.

Good luck to you and try to enjoy the time you have left as much as possible.

I'm sure you and your brother were probably much of the reason why your mother did what she did. She was young too. I can't blame her for at least having tried.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

We were away over the weekend- I'm sorry to hear about your incisions. It sounds like the visits from the hospice nurse are working out. Sending prayers and hoping you are comfortable. :hug2:

• Like 3

And if one more person asks me "What about your husband?" I'll scream.

There is a lot I can answer that question with.

There seems to be a lot of support now. Let's hope it continues.

Can't get this tune out of my head. Seems appropriate now

http://youtu.be/z7DVYnaH_oY

Good choice, I had forgotten this one. I saw Blind Faith and they were fantastic. :yes:

• Like 2

Hospice social worker came by today. She asked me where I wanted to die; I told her at the Hospice house.

We filled out my Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney, so that's done.

Hospice Nurse came by also and brought me a steroid prescription to give me an appetite and pep. I'll try one tomorrow, but I'm not to sure I want to be zipping around the house. I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep at night.

Hospice social worker came by today. She asked me where I wanted to die; I told her at the Hospice house.

Hospice Nurse came by also and brought me a steroid prescription to give me an appetite and pep. I'll try one tomorrow, but I'm not to sure I want to be zipping around the house. I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep at night.

• Like 8

• Like 5

I understand your perspective on this, Lorraine.

Sending love :hug2:

I just got back from picking out my funeral cards. This is really getting bizarre. I often wonder who the person is that's doing all this stuff while holding normal conversations with people without being a basket case.

I think you are incredibly brave. Huge respect. :hug2:

• Like 7