Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Great news!!!

:dweez: :dweez: :heart: :heart: :heart: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yay: :yay: :yay:

• Like 3

:) :yay: :cheerleader: :banana: I'm happy to hear these news. I hope Lorraine will get better and better each hour she spends recovering after the surgery.
  • Like 5

Thanks so much for sharing that with us Cat. I am glad she came through with good news. :yes: :monalisa: :clap:
  • Like 7

Loraine was kind enough to contact me last night, which was amazing considering all she went through yesterday.

She said,

“God reward you for your prayers! I think all went well today. No pain but lots of nausea.”

“Haven't seen my incisions yet. Looking forward to eating.”

“Not so easy to sleep here. Kind of keep dozing off and waking up.”

I’m so happy our TRF sister’s surgery is in her rear view mirror and it’s onto healing and a speedy recovery.

:) :) :)

Let us know if she shares more, and that we're thrilled to hear the good news and that she should know we're all in her corner!

• Like 5

Here’s another update from Loraine...

“The doctor is pleased. I can try solid food for supper

I have no pain. Doctor said good chance of me going home tomorrow.”

“The doctor said it was a tumor and "I think I got it all." He sent it off to the lab and the results should be in Friday. He said he's anxious to know too. I really feel pretty good.”

• Like 12

Here’s another update from Loraine...

“The doctor is pleased. I can try solid food for supper

I have no pain. Doctor said good chance of me going home tomorrow.”

“The doctor said it was a tumor and "I think I got it all." He sent it off to the lab and the results should be in Friday. He said he's anxious to know too. I really feel pretty good.”

Thank you for the wonderful news! Let's hope he's right!

• Like 4

Hiya! :hi:

I'm back. :7up:

Miss me? ;)

Got home yesterday at about 12:30. Heated up something for my husband. Laid on the couch while he cleaned up and did the dishes. Both of us fell asleep and didn't get up until 5:00 AM

Feeling better today than yesterday.

Doctor said he will have the report back on the tumor from the lab today, he thinks. He wanted to be sure the cancer hadn't spread to the lymph nodes.

One step at a time I guess.

Thank all of you for your encouragement and prayers and positive vibes. The operation itself went very well. And I enjoyed my stay at the hospital. Seriously.

:madra: :banana:

• Like 11

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Prayers answered...so glad to hear the great news!!!!

• Like 5

Miss me? ;)

Got home yesterday at about 12:30. Heated up something for my husband. Laid on the couch while he cleaned up and did the dishes. Both of us fell asleep and didn't get up until 5:00 AM

Doctor said he will have the report back on the tumor from the lab today, he thinks. He wanted to be sure the cancer hadn't spread to the lymph nodes.

Thank all of you for your encouragement and prayers and positive vibes. The operation itself went very well. And I enjoyed my stay at the hospital. Seriously.

That's awesome! Glad you are home now :)

• Like 7

So glad things went well for you. I know other people who said they had an enjoyable hospital stay. Sometimes it is just a nice change to have others taking care of YOU for a change. Keeping you in my thoughts and praying for more good news.

:yay:

• Like 7

So glad things went well for you. I know other people who said they had an enjoyable hospital stay. Sometimes it is just a nice change to have others taking care of YOU for a change. Keeping you in my thoughts and praying for more good news.

Rhyta, that's exactly what it was - someone taking care of ME for a change. It was a relief being there with people who were/are responsible enough to take complete care of me. It was nice to order my meals without having to make them myself.

• Like 7

I agree word for word...

...praying for a quick recovery and good report.

• Like 6

Wow, you are amazing to be back home and posting already! :heart: I'm really glad everything went well. Sending prayers for good news on the lab part of your procedure. :hi:
  • Like 7

I'm so embarrassed. I thought today was Friday. No wonder why it has gotten so dark here. I was thinking a storm was coming.

This is scary and disorienting. My husband is no help as he went along with everything.

I thought it odd that it should be so light and the sun so bright at 6:30 am/ We just ate breakfast.

Now I'm really messed up.

Is it Thursday?

No wonder why the doctor wasn't in his office.

Edited by Lorraine

Miss me? ;)

We actually got up at 5: PM, and I thought it was Friday.

• Like 2

Miss me? ;)

We actually got up at 5: PM, and I thought it was Friday.

That's a regular occurrence with me.

• Like 1

I'm so embarrassed. I thought today was Friday. No wonder why it has gotten so dark here. I was thinking a storm was coming.

This is scary and disorienting. My husband is no help as he went along with everything.

I thought it odd that it should be so light and the sun so bright at 6:30 am/ We just ate breakfast.

Is it Thursday?

After being anesthetized it's not surprising to be disoriented. Relax and take it easy. Tomorrow will be here before you know it. :yes:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

Is it Thursday?

After being anesthetized it's not surprising to be disoriented. Relax and take it easy. Tomorrow will be here before you know it. :yes:

But something like that scares me. We both took showers, ate "breakfast" and I gave him his meds. He doesn't say a word.

I;m going to bed now for real Tomorrow is Friday, is it not? :unsure:

I even changed the date/time setting on my phone because I thought it was 12 hours off.

I also thought it odd that it was so hot (95) at 5:00 AM

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

They should be following up with you to see how you are, but otherwise call your doctor to check in and ask him whatever you need to ask him. Don't be shy.
  • Like 8

Hope you`ve managed a few hours rest and your nausea has gone. That`s a miserable feeling. I`ve been known to stay on the sofa with a load of cushions around me to keep me upright (I have Barrett`s Oesophagus so can struggle to breathe freely when lying down some nights). Very happy to hear that things went so well for you in hospital, and sending good wishes that things settle and you`re able to feel your body recovering and improving. It`s probably a bit like the Covid vaccination graphs, where it might vary day-to-day, but the general direction is firmly upwards :yes:

As for having meals cooked for you and not being sure of the day... I normally eat only two bananas some days due to dislike of cooking and food issues, and as for what day it is? I rarely know, as it doesn`t really matter to the way I live. Of course, both of these things could be presenile dementia :lol:

• Like 4