Colon Cancer

Lorraine

So are you still on for the 27th as well? Feeling any better about things I hope. Keeping you in my prayers friend :hug2:

Yes. It is still on for the 27th.

I'm scared. Keep thinking that the Lorraine I now know - this is the end of her. Someone disabled will awake from the operation and my life will never be the same.

I understand being scared, anybody would be with this type of surgery awaiting them. You will be going through a major event and yes some things may need to change or be altered. Yet the Lorraine you are will still be there, she's a fighter and I have faith in her. Hang in there, we are all pulling for you. :angel:

• Like 5

I spoke yesterday for almost an hour with a pre-op nurse at the hospital. She gave me instructions and answered questions for me and told me what I could expect.

She said the operation will last at least 180 minutes and that I would wake up with an IV in my arm and a catheter which would be taken out the next day (Wednesday).

I'm on something called an "Enhanced Recovery Program" that is new to the hospital. I'm sure it's been around for awhile, but they just started using it out here.

The best news is that the M.D.'s office gave me the wrong instructions about the day of the surgery. They told me I couldn't drink anything. The nurse said that I can drink and that the last thing she wants me to drink is a 6oz glass of apple juice. Also, to take two showers back to back, the second one that I should suds up with antibacterial soap and leave on my body for three minutes before washing off.

Check-in at the hospital is 12:45 and the operation begins at 2:45. Kind of late in the day, if you ask me, but maybe the doctor likes that and isn't a morning person.

The nurse even gave me the names of the pills I would be given right before the operation to keep the post-operation pain down: celebrex, tylenol, zilfran and neurotone. Not sure of the spelling.

Now that the operation is so close, I feel calm about it. Next week at this time it will all be over and, hopefully, I will be home again.

• Like 7

:hug2: :sundog: sending positive energies from across the land :sundog: :hug2: Edited by librarian
  • Like 6

I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow! Your medical team sounds excellent, and supportive. Sending positive thoughts and wishes for comfort and quick healing! :heart:
  • Like 6

I can't sit still and I feel awful. I feel as if I am going to hyperventilate. I can't drink anymore liquids. If I do, I will throw up for sure.

I think it is the antibiotics I have had to take - six of them within an hour - last dose at 11 tonight.

Can't wait for this to be all over.

• Like 1

You probably won't see this until after the surgery, but I have been thinking and sending prayers to you. I got a reprieve for my eye surgery, been moved to August 12th. So I will be able to keep you in my thoughts all day. Your medical team sound like they are on top of everything, I think you will be in good hands. :hug2: for you. :angel:
  • Like 5

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Lorraine. :heart: I wish you courage and a quick recovery! :hug2:
  • Like 5

I hardly slept and my stomach is a mess. Very light-headed. I'd feel a lot better if I could eat, but I can't. What makes this worse is that I have to wait until around noon to leave for the hospital.

Thank you, one and all, for your prayers and good wishes and thoughts.

Operation begins at 2:45 Pacific Time.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming, please.

:heart:

• Like 9

Loraine was kind enough to contact me last night, which was amazing considering all she went through yesterday.

She said,

“God reward you for your prayers! I think all went well today. No pain but lots of nausea.”

“Haven't seen my incisions yet. Looking forward to eating.”

“Not so easy to sleep here. Kind of keep dozing off and waking up.”

I’m so happy our TRF sister’s surgery is in her rear view mirror and it’s onto healing and a speedy recovery.

:) :) :)

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 18

Loraine was kind enough to contact me last night, which was amazing considering all she went through yesterday.

She said,

“God reward you for your prayers! I think all went well today. No pain but lots of nausea.”

“Haven't seen my incisions yet. Looking forward to eating.”

“Not so easy to sleep here. Kind of keep dozing off and waking up.”

I’m so happy our TRF sister’s surgery is in her rear view mirror and it’s onto healing and a speedy recovery.

:) :) :)

Thanks for the update!

• Like 7