Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Hope the kitty gives you some companionship and affection. The little fur balls always help cheer me up when I pet them. Take care :pussy:
  • Like 6

Sending positive thoughts and prayers from the other side of the country, Lorraine! :sundog:
  • Like 7

I found out early today that I have a mass on my colon.

I'll be meeting with the surgeon on Monday morning.

I've already decided no chemo/radiation.

Thought you might like to know.

:madra:

Best of luck with your appointment today. I hope your Dr. is caring, and a good explainer of what is going on. Take care.:hug2:

• Like 4

Best of luck with your appointment today. I hope your Dr. is caring, and a good explainer of what is going on. Take care. :hug2:

Thanks, Becky

I hope it goes well.

I'm scared.

Best of luck with your appointment today. I hope your Dr. is caring, and a good explainer of what is going on. Take care. :hug2:

Thanks, Becky

I hope it goes well.

I'm scared.

Plus, I have to get on the freeway. The drivers are merciless. I used to love speed, now I don't like it at all. 70 is too much for me

• Like 2

Thanks, Becky

I hope it goes well.

I'm scared.

Plus, I have to get on the freeway. The drivers are merciless. I used to love speed, now I don't like it at all. 70 is too much for me

Drivers are terrible now. The smartphone/car gives them too many things to play with while driving and people don't pay attention to the road like they used to.

• Like 4

Thanks, Becky

I hope it goes well.

I'm scared.

:hug2: :hug2:

• Like 3

Thanks, Becky

I hope it goes well.

I'm scared.

I agree, I try to avoid interstates these days.

• Like 2

Now I have to go for a CAT Scan. An IV dye and I have to drink some stuff that will enable them to get a better idea of what they are dealing with.

The doctor even said there is a noticeable lump on my lower right side. I don't feel it, but he did. He says there is a growth in my colon. It will probably necessitate an operation to cut part of the colon out and reconnect it. I think that's what he said; I'm not sure. My appointment was for 9:15. He didn't show up until 9:40. By then, I was a nervous wreck, so whatever he said went in one ear and few out the other, even though I tried hard to retain it. He knows I won't have chemo or radiation.

Thanks, Becky

I hope it goes well.

I'm scared.

:hug2:

• Like 3

Now I have to go for a CAT Scan. An IV dye and I have to drink some stuff that will enable them to get a better idea of what they are dealing with.

The doctor even said there is a noticeable lump on my lower right side. I don't feel it, but he did. He says there is a growth in my colon. It will probably necessitate an operation to cut part of the colon out and reconnect it. I think that's what he said; I'm not sure. My appointment was for 9:15. He didn't show up until 9:40. By then, I was a nervous wreck, so whatever he said went in one ear and few out the other, even though I tried hard to retain it. He knows I won't have chemo or radiation.

I hope they put it in writing, as I don`t think anyone really remembers anything apart from a few scary keywords from appointments like this. Maybe a small change in the length of your food processing time is what will happen, which would be a pretty good outcome in the long run :)
  • Like 2

By then, I was a nervous wreck, so whatever he said went in one ear and few out the other, even though I tried hard to retain it.

Lorraine,

I would recommend bringing someone along with you as a chaperone and who can take notes while being another set of ears.

If that’s not possible, take notes (or type as much info into your phone and piece it together later) yourself, stopping the doctor to clarify what you’re not getting.

It can be very intimidating when the doctor comes in, but believe me, they want you to fully understand as well.

It is also helpful to bring a list of any questions you might have...

...it’ll keep you focused during the visit.

Don’t worry about “taking up the doctor’s time”, that’s what they are there for.

Praying for you.

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 8

An operation to cut the lump out of the colon then reattach it sounds right to me. The scan and IV dye will tell them where the lump is, how big it is and exactly where they need to operate. I've seen this done with some family members in the past, so I think you did hear the doctor correctly.

• Like 3

I am sending positive, fresh Lake Superior air waves to keep you strong.

Keep up hope, you have to!!

(As to the appointment stress, I know people who have put the phone down on the counter to Record so they can play back details)

• Like 6

So regarding the cat scan with contrast iv, I've had that, and the strangest thing is that you will feel like you have to pee, but you wont. they'll tell you that and you think to yourself "yeah right" but then when they start injecting the stuff you feel all warm and that's totally what it feels like, it's very strange but don't worry, you won't pee!

• Like 6

So regarding the cat scan with contrast iv, I've had that, and the strangest thing is that you will feel like you have to pee, but you wont. they'll tell you that and you think to yourself "yeah right" but then when they start injecting the stuff you feel all warm and that's totally what it feels like, it's very strange but don't worry, you won't pee!

I forgot about that. The same thing happened with both my dad and grandmother when they had to have that dye injected when they were getting checked for heart issues.

And for a distraction watch the Metallica movie on Netflix - Monster something...

Not my taste in music, but wow are they normal people dealing with group dynamic issues, have millions to their name but still struggle to continue making music.

• Like 5

An operation to cut the lump out of the colon then reattach it sounds right to me. The scan and IV dye will tell them where the lump is, how big it is and exactly where they need to operate. I've seen this done with some family members in the past, so I think you did hear the doctor correctly.

Do you remember where you family members had pain? What puzzles the doctor, and something he's anxious to find out (as well as I am) is the area I am having pain doesn't correspond to where the lump is. He's not sure if they are related or if there are two separate issues going on.

• Like 1

:lol: Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1