choose one  

16 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Jethro Tull - Benefit
    • Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
  2. 2. artist

Tull drenches themselves in bluesy feedback and Zappa lets his good friend Captain Beefheart sing about a 20 dollar bill.

Tough choice for me.

I picked Hot Rats because I like that one particular album better. For artist, though, I picked Tull because I like them better overall. I know Frank Zappa was ground breaking but I'm not good at knowing why? I should look into it. I have always admired his stands for political and artistic freedom for artists.

I picked Hot Rats because I like that one particular album better. For artist, though, I picked Tull because I like them better overall. I know Frank Zappa was ground breaking but I'm not good at knowing why? I should look into it. I have always admired his stands for political and artistic freedom for artists.

You're MAD Becky! Mad as a hatter!

• Like 1

I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict, given a few more Zappa records in my collection and some more time spent with the few I already have, I’m going to wind up a bigger Zappa fan than Tull fan. Thick As A Brick will always be astounding, and much of their other stuff will always have an inimitable Magic, but I think Zappa’s just gonna have more variety at the same (or better) quality as I explore him more. So I’m voting straight ticket Frank, as I likely would’ve done if he’d lived long enough to run for president like he sometimes joked about.

:lol: I probably am! It's the heat! :P I've got to re listen to Benefit; it's been some years. You have good taste (did I really say that :lol: :lol: in music) and if you like it that much there must be something to it. :)

• Like 1

:lol: I probably am! It's the heat! :P I've got to re listen to Benefit; it's been some years. You have good taste (did I really say that :lol: :lol: in music) and if you like it that much there must be something to it. :)

Let me just say Benefit is currently my second favourite TULL album. And the remastered version with the singles and extra tracks make it even stronger. Tull are one of the few bands who can expand their classic albums with extra tracks that are just as good as the original album tracks!

• Like 3

Let me just say Benefit is currently my second favourite TULL album. And the remastered version with the singles and extra tracks make it even stronger. Tull are one of the few bands who can expand their classic albums with extra tracks that are just as good as the original album tracks!

That's a high ranking for Benefit! What's your favorite Tull?

Tull should be the benchmark in terms of remastered special editions.

The extra material on some of the releases is superb. Benefit is, as Treeduck says, a fine example of this.

A bloody fine album full stop (or period for you Stateside chappies and chappesses).

• Like 2

Tull should be the benchmark in terms of remastered special editions.

The extra material on some of the releases is superb. Benefit is, as Treeduck says, a fine example of this.

A bloody fine album full stop (or period for you Stateside chappies and chappesses).

Wait, I thought full stop was just a fun way of saying period. Is that the normal term for this thing "." across the pond?

Thick as a Brick.

My top 10 is something like this:

1. Thick as a Brick

2. Benefit

3. Minstrel in the Gallery

4. Songs From the Wood

5. Heavy Horses

6. Aqualung

7. A Passion Play

8. War Child

9. Stand Up

10. Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll

• Like 1

Thick as a Brick.

1. Thick as a Brick

2. Benefit

4. Songs From the Wood

5. Heavy Horses

6. Aqualung

7. A Passion Play

8. War Child

9. Stand Up

You know, that's a pretty solid top ten. TAAB is my favorite too. I would have Aqualung and A Passion Play a bit higher, but then I need to revisit Songs From The Wood and Heavy Horses a few more times. Minstrel is so good!

• Like 1

Thick as a Brick.

1. Thick as a Brick

2. Benefit

4. Songs From the Wood

5. Heavy Horses

6. Aqualung

7. A Passion Play

8. War Child

9. Stand Up

You know, that's a pretty solid top ten. TAAB is my favorite too. I would have Aqualung and A Passion Play a bit higher, but then I need to revisit Songs From The Wood and Heavy Horses a few more times. Minstrel is so good!

Well even though Aqualung and A Passion Play are 6th and 7th in my list those are really GOOD 6ths and 7ths, both those albums don't have any bad songs or bad sections.

• Like 1

This hurts...

There are not many I'd vote for over Tull, and not many albums I'd vote for over Benefit...but Zappa, and Hot Rats in particular, is one of the few cases where I would

• Like 1