Star Trek

KenJennings

I have to say as much as I really like Disco 2 & 3, 4 has began to really bother me.

I despise everything about the ship's computer, and I don't like Grey at all. I was hoping rendering Grey incarnate would better present Grey as a fully realized character, but there's been no change. Just tedious.

Nevertheless I put up with the tedious characters in Voyager and TNG, so I am still an unapologetic fan.

Excise Grey (or add anything other than sugary goodness to the character) and especially drop and forget that there was ever any emotional content to the computer. I hate how their doing that.

Last episode gave me, finally, some actual bridge crew dialog. More of that, please.

Lol, I just came here to say I actually quite like the Zora arc. I really liked the dynamic between Zora, Stamets and Kovich in the latest episode; buy found the presence of Grey and Adira totally useless.

The last few episodes have been enjoyable, and if they can finish this DMA arc strong, I'll end up giving this season relatively high marks.

But both seasons two and three of Discovery hit high water marks around this point, and ultimately failed to deliver the necessary crescendo. So I'm definitely skeptical.

• Like 1

That's hilarious. My wife also likes the Zora arc. I guess it's my fear that it will and up becoming awful.

I don't trust it for some reason.

Edited by Mosher

I can barely get through an episode of DISCO, 3 more to go before the "mid-season finale".

I enjoy nearly every minute of Lower Decks, no more episodes left. :(

I never watched the second episode of Lower Decks, the first did nothing for me.

But it's been so well received that I am going to give it a bit more time to work for me.

As to Discovery, I did like where they went with Zora-- or at least it turned out to not be the horror I expected.

And I nearly cheered with the Grey reveal.

I still wish they would work with the characters they already have rather than introducing new ones. You have what should be really cool bridge crew members. USE THEM.

This last episode was better than the previous two, so I remain a fan of the show and optimistic that it will stick the landing.

I

I never watched the second episode of Lower Decks, the first did nothing for me.

But it's been so well received that I am going to give it a bit more time to work for me.

As to Discovery, I did like where they went with Zora-- or at least it turned out to not be the horror I expected.

I still wish they would work with the characters they already have rather than introducing new ones. You have what should be really cool bridge crew members. USE THEM.

This last episode was better than the previous two, so I remain a fan of the show and optimistic that it will stick the landing.

I must not have reached the Zora story arch yet. Adira and Gray just seem like boring moments for people to make emotion face.

I nearly bailed on Low Decks after the first episode, I'm glad I stuck it out. If by episode four if you're not hooked then maybe move on.

"Bad for us. I don't want a whole new captain. We could end up with some weirdo with a riding crop."

:lol:

I must not have reached the Zora story arch yet. Adira and Gray just seem like boring moments for people to make emotion face.

I nearly bailed on Low Decks after the first episode, I'm glad I stuck it out. If by episode four if you're not hooked then maybe move on.

"Bad for us. I don't want a whole new captain. We could end up with some weirdo with a riding crop."

:lol:

I started watching Lower Decks today past the first episode.

I'm really liking it, I'm glad I have it a second chance.

• Like 1

Looks like the Kelvin 'Verse lives on.

https://www.comingso...J7DSy88_vQv6Mq0

I'm calling it now: JJVerse versions of Michael f***ing Burnham and Tilly.... to round out JJ's Emo crew. Because what Trek really needs these days is more crying and group hugs.

I'm calling it now: JJVerse versions of Michael f***ing Burnham and Tilly.... to round out JJ's Emo crew. Because what Trek really needs these days is more crying and group hugs.

The new navigator (replacing Checkov) will be a tri-gender humanoid by the name of "We-They-Them".

Uhura's younger sister (Zendaya) will be involved with the racist, vengeance-crazed human villain (Liam Neeson) who seeks to rid all aliens from Earth via a vaccine-proof virus.

;) ;)

The new navigator (replacing Checkov) will be a tri-gender humanoid by the name of "We-They-Them".

;) ;)

Also, that new navigator identifies as a tree.

;) ;)

Better for interfacing with a spore drive.

• Like 1

;) ;)

Better for interfacing with a spore drive.

• Like 1

2 episodes in to Picard season 2. I agree with Grep and I'll go further.

I was not pleased with Picard 1. It's my least favorite of any Trek television incarnation.

Season 2 so far is fantastic.

• Like 1

I can’t find the motivation to watch DISCO season 4 part two.

I have reservations about Picard season 2 but I’ll give it a chance.

I’m looking forward to Strange New Worlds like a child waiting on Christmas.

Season two of Picard is off to a very strong start. I think the addition of Terry Matalas, a 90s Trek alum, as EP has served the show very well. It has come a long way in terms of tone and aesthetic under his leadership, and the story is definitely compelling and interesting.
  • Like 1