Star Trek

KenJennings

I grew up on TOS and embraced TNG in college. I've seen those episodes scores of times.

DS9 I started exploring about 6 years ago, and I really liked it. I've watched that through twice.

Voyager I just finished binging on Netflix at the end of 2020. It was decent, but to me a step down from the TNG/DS9 pinnacle.

I didn't like Abrams' reboot at first, but have grown to like his take on it as well.

Beyond this plus the original 9 movies, at I haven't taken a peek at the newer stuff (Enterprise, Discovery, Picard, etc.) and I don't intend to. I have all that I need with all that I mentioned above. JMO.

• Like 1

It was the week of giant things biting metal.

On Lower Decks Thursday the giant space head chomped away at <Spoiler>. Then on Friday we got to see a giant turtle chomp on <Spoiler> on the season finale of Bad Batch.

Strange. Very strange.

Isn't Bad Batch Star Wars Clone Wars?

there was the surprise announcement that Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 will premiere Nov. 18, 2021 on Paramount+.

Meet the rest of the cast of Strange New Worlds.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-day-strange-new-worlds-cast-reveal

When you get past the oooh-ahhh your mind quickly settles down to this might be complete garbage.

https://www.startrek.com/videos/watch-star-trek-picard-season-2-star-trek-day-trailer

Edited by JohnRogers

When you get past the oooh-ahhh your mind quickly settles down to this might be complete garbage.

https://www.startrek...rek-day-trailer

Not happy about what I'm seeing with Picard. Hopefully that's just the first couple of episodes. I'm hoping though that there's a cross over with DS9, the Bell Riots, or perhaps the lack thereof.

More excited about Strange New Worlds.

On Lower Decks Thursday the giant space head chomped away at <Spoiler>. Then on Friday we got to see a giant turtle chomp on <Spoiler> on the season finale of Bad Batch.

Strange. Very strange.

The Bad Batch (team) was introduced in the Clone Wars. The first season of their spinoff series just wrapped up. With more on the way. Some do consider it to be a continuation of Clone Wars.... It sort of is.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

Strange. Very strange.

The Bad Batch (team) was introduced in the Clone Wars. The first season of their spinoff series just wrapped up. With more on the way. Some do consider it to be a continuation of Clone Wars.... It sort of is.

I just learned last night there was more episodes of Bad Batch. I thought it was done over a month ago with episode 7.

Strange. Very strange.

I just learned last night there was more episodes of Bad Batch. I thought it was done over a month ago with episode 7.

Well, Season 1 is done. But there will be another for sure, and probably more after that.

Watching live coverage of Kirk’s real orbital flight.

Boldly paying where only a few have paid before. :)

I'm watching too. This is cool.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I’m sure Shatner got paid negotiating an appearance fee.

I’m sure Shatner got paid negotiating an appearance fee.

My mistake. 2 of the others are paying customers.

LOL…he’s babbling now.

He's overwhelmed....

Is he wearing a red shirt?

No, more of a Jonathan Archer outfit.

When the transcript is printed we’ll find he did have a few profound words.

• Like 1

LOL…he’s babbling now.

He's overwhelmed....

Is he wearing a red shirt?

No, more of a Jonathan Archer outfit.

When the transcript is printed we’ll find he did have a few profound words.

The guy is 90 - there had to be some physical toll the experience took on him, as well as the obvious emotions from what he had just experienced.

I'm repeating... but he was overwhelmed, but also trying to find the words to describe what he was feeling while it was still fresh.

What we got with him there was someone with more of an artistic and creative mind, rather than someone technical, analytical, or military. An interesting perspective, and probably more aligned with what the regular person will experience and process.

• Like 1