Alex Lifeson Releases Two New Songs on New Website

Rushman14

His guitar sounds terrific!

Not original -- his tone in the solo sounds like that other guitar god, what's his name, that guy Gilmour -- but it's very smooth and restrained and even dare I say melodic.

The other stuff is the kind of Floydian noodling that I just loooove.

Welcome back, Alex!

I don't know..gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that Alex probably digs Gilmour's playing........Gilmour digging Alex?...well......

Alex does. He's talked about Beck, Page, and Gilmour being the three he most looked up to.

• Like 1

Great news! Bookmarked for future staying-in-tune-with-my-favourite-guitarist bookmarks.

Wait...this is the only one...and so haaaapppppyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Now subscribed, so hungry for new Alex (And Geddy) stuff!

Edited by Bahamas

Anybody have a copy of the photo of Alex from the Vapor Trails tour book?

He looked really buffed up and in awesome shape!

Perhaps now he just wants to "chill" and settle into his new "look"?

So many artists are looking at what the big players are doing, even as Alex said last year, it will take at least another year (paraphrasing) for new stuff to get circulating.

This is what many, many artists want to see - how collaboration with other artists is starting to circulate the material they sent back and forth, back and forth. And ready to hit "send".

It's not only the sound of the mix, it's the public announcements of what material is coming forth. F*ck covid, we are ready to start sending out our work.

So happy to see it!

• Like 1

Underwhelmed to be honest, but hopefully this is a warm up for Big Al to get busy in the studio recording some properly constructed songs.
  • Like 4

Underwhelmed to be honest, but hopefully this is a warm up for Big Al to get busy in the studio recording some properly constructed songs.

Jackass!

• Like 1

Jackass!

Triggered and reported....

• Like 2

Underwhelmed yes as I was awaiting for something to happen(a key change maybe) but I love the guitar tone and production.But it’s great that he is fired up again.Funnily enough I was just listening and working out and,recording Gilmour’s Faces of Stone when these two tracks came up which gave me some more inspiration.

I liked the tunes and I’m all signed up! I now have Spyhouse repeating in my head… Checked out the guitar on Epiphone.com too. Back ordered there and at guitar center, but I’m gonna look into getting my hands on one of those. Great to see Alex and looking forward to seeing what may evolve!!!

Perhaps a new record incoming. Awesome.

These were likely the bonus tracks that were supposed to be on the Victor vinyl reissue before the record label mothballed it.

I'd love it if he self released these on a CD. I don't know how often I'd be listening to these on my computer.

So many artists are looking at what the big players are doing, even as Alex said last year, it will take at least another year (paraphrasing) for new stuff to get circulating.

This is what many, many artists want to see - how collaboration with other artists is starting to circulate the material they sent back and forth, back and forth. And ready to hit "send".

It's not only the sound of the mix, it's the public announcements of what material is coming forth. F*ck covid, we are ready to start sending out our work.

So happy to see it!

Looks like a typical journeyman Blues style photo to me. I think it suits him these days.

I liked the tunes and I’m all signed up! I now have Spyhouse repeating in my head… Checked out the guitar on Epiphone.com too. Back ordered there and at guitar center, but I’m gonna look into getting my hands on one of those. Great to see Alex and looking forward to seeing what may evolve!!!

It's very catchy and too short.

• Like 1

So happy to see it!

Looks like a typical journeyman Blues style photo to me. I think it suits him these days.

I was thinking of the photo of him on the beach with two ladies!

Best musical news year to date!

Stoked.

I think Alex is looking fit and healthy! Good for him.

Yes, but not as buff as the Vapor Trails tour. Clearly he was eating more than just soup !

[Photo won't "copy" and editing this post completely clean prompts me to keep the post, ugh. Ignore me again, just looking for attention...again]

Edited by Bahamas

So happy to see it!

I was thinking of the photo of him on the beach with two ladies!

Just like in the Vapor Trails Tourbook.....