Yes appreciation thread

fraroc

One of the bands I've truly grown fond of over this entire Covid mess is Yes, I've always been into them on and off my entire life, but over lockdown I really took the time to listen more deeply into their discography and as a result, I found myself loving songs that initially turned me off because of their length (Awaken, The Gates Of Delierium, Close To The Edge etc) And as a result, I really grew to appreciate the music of classic Yes, I'm still #TeamRabin but Steve Howe is definitely one of the best prog guitarists of the entire 1970s.

And also, I've recently completley fell in love with Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe. That entire album is seriously so f***ing underrated, I love that 70s prog mentality mixed with 80s instrumentation and Latin and Afrobeat influences, Order Of The Universe and Brother Of Mine are masterpeices full stop :) And speaking of ABWH, who can go wrong with MegaYes in 1991, the album might have been shaky and disjointed (but still really enjoyable to listen to) but that tour was absolutley phenomenal, probably the absolutle best version of Yours Is No Disgrace they ever did.

• Like 6

When I lived in Ottawa, and Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe released a studio c.d., and album, I purchased it because with me always have been a Yes fan. Even when they went on tour to, and for support of it, and came to Ottawa in Aug. of 1989, I bought tickets before to attend, and see them for the first time. I thought it, and they looked, performed, and the sound was great. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Me with Yes 2004. I bought a Roger Dean print and had Jon, Chris, Rick, Alan, and Steve sign it.

49911125007_17629f65f0_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 4

Me with Yes 2004. I bought a Roger Dean print and had Jon, Chris, Rick, Alan, and Steve sign it.

That's great! I've been looking on eBay for a single signed piece like this of all the main members (Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Squire, and/or Howe/Rabin) and everything is priced outside my budget. Not that it matters to you, what you have easily sells for hundreds of dollars. Nicely framed with a COA would fetch quite a bit more. The #'d and signed Dean print alone is worth a bit of $$$.

Edited by stoopid

That's great! I've been looking on eBay for a single signed piece like this of all the main members (Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Squire, and/or Howe/Rabin) and everything is priced outside my budget. Not that it matters to you, what you have easily sells for hundreds of dollars. Nicely framed with a COA would fetch quite a bit more. The #'d and signed Dean print alone is worth a bit of $$$.

At least he knows it's real even without a COA. Having a certificate doesn't 100 percent prove it's real unless it comes legitimate source.

At least he knows it's real even without a COA. Having a certificate doesn't 100 percent prove it's real unless it comes legitimate source.

For his private collecting needs, but for resale having the COA ensures a certain premium over a non-certified comparable. I know how collectibles work, just not specifically music collectibles. Signed items (baseballs, hockey pucks, pictures) are tough to sell without a hand writing expert and provenance validated by a third party. Signed items are too easily faked, and probably the most common faked collectible type.

• Like 1

For his private collecting needs, but for resale having the COA ensures a certain premium over a non-certified comparable. I know how collectibles work, just not specifically music collectibles. Signed items (baseballs, hockey pucks, pictures) are tough to sell without a hand writing expert and provenance validated by a third party. Signed items are too easily faked, and probably the most common faked collectible type.

Exactly, as long as those third party's are legit.

When I lived in Ottawa, and Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe released a studio c.d., and album, I purchased it because with me always have been a Yes fan. Even when they went on tour to, and for support of it, and came to Ottawa in Aug. of 1989, I bought tickets before to attend, and see them for the first time. I thought it, and they looked, performed, and the sound was great.

I'm a big fan of that album!
  • Like 2

A famous NYC / Philly radio broadcast of their 1976 tour. I was at this show at Roosevelt Stadium and the crowd was insane ! There was a lot of love for YES.

http://youtu.be/w9glBGeN3qQ

I used to go ice-skating there. :codger:

Saw CSN there the summer of '71, '72 or '73 - don't remember which one. :cool:

Took my driving test there too. :)

In case anyone is interested, I passed. ;)

• Like 2

Im just going to pop back in to say that Talk is an absolutley MONSTER album and if you haven't listened to it yet you're missing out on an incredible Yes album
  • Like 3

When I lived in Ottawa, and Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe released a studio c.d., and album, I purchased it because with me always have been a Yes fan. Even when they went on tour to, and for support of it, and came to Ottawa in Aug. of 1989, I bought tickets before to attend, and see them for the first time. I thought it, and they looked, performed, and the sound was great.

It's a Yes album!

It's a Yes album!

More than some other Yes albums!