RPG: Seconds Out... vs. The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table

choose one  

11 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Genesis - Seconds Out...
    • Rick Wakeman - The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table
  2. 2. artist

• Genesis
    • Rick Wakeman

Another easy one for me. I feel like only the most diehard of prog fans are going to possibly have trouble with this one.

Not sure how much you'd offer to pay me to listen to either one of these, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be enough.
  • Like 1

Seconds Out suffers a little for me due to the band petulantly burying Steve Hackett in the mix because he quit the band during mixing of the album.

The worst offender, for me, may be Firth of Fifth, where the volume drop off between the keyboard solo and the guitar solo is very noticeable.

If I could hear Steve Hackett more, it would be a perfect live album.

Seconds Out suffers a little for me due to the band petulantly burying Steve Hackett in the mix because he quit the band during mixing of the album.

The worst offender, for me, may be Firth of Fifth, where the volume drop off between the keyboard solo and the guitar solo is very noticeable.

Hm, I've never noticed a significant drop in volume.

Not a fan of Seconds Out so I voted for The Myths.

Journey to the Centre > The Myths IMO

Genesis for the band vote.

• Like 1

Hm, I've never noticed a significant drop in volume.

I wish I wouldn't notice it, too :(

Where's the raging heavy metal option?? :haz:

What, is Sir Lancelot and the Black Night not metal enough for you? How about Apocalypse in 9/8?

• Like 1

I have had to revise my voting. I listened to Seconds Out today in the car on the way to visit my mum.

I forgot how good it was - much better that the Wakeman album ..... even if Hackett's guitar was mixed well down.

Sorry Rick!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

If Yes was in replace, and instead of Rick Wakeman, then I would've been undecided because of liking them, and Genesis the same.